Windows 10: The action cant be completed because the file is open in COM surrogate

Discus and support The action cant be completed because the file is open in COM surrogate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I trying to delete personal information from a picture get the above. This after W10 update. Did not occur in W8.1. It's the same on my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ferre2t4, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Ferre2t4 Win User

The action cant be completed because the file is open in COM surrogate

I trying to delete personal information from a picture get the above. This after W10 update. Did not occur in W8.1. It's the same on my laptop.

The action cant be completed because the file is open in COM surrogate [​IMG]

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

:)

Ferre2t4, Jun 29, 2017

2. the action file cant be completed because the file is open COM surrogate windows 10

the action file cant be completed because the file is open COM surrogate windows 10

RahulKejriwal, Jun 29, 2017
  3. One1Windows, Jun 29, 2017
  4. daikin990 Win User

You have opened or used other programs while tryied to make this change in the properties. To fix this problem, I suggest you close COM Surrogate by using Task Manager

1. press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys simultaneously.
    2. Locate the COM Surrogate process then right click it.
    3. Locate End Task.
    Note: If you can’t locate COM Surrogate process, switch to Details tab and find dllhost.exe. Then End Task.it

daikin990, Jun 30, 2017
Thema:

1. The action cant be completed because the file is open in COM surrogate - Similar Threads - action cant completed

2. This action can't be completed because the file is open in System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This action can't be completed because the file is open in System: Hi, I intend to delete files in the WindowsApps>MSIXVC folder. Everytime I delete the files, I get a message "This action can't be completed because the file is open in System. I have already taken the ownership of the files and the folder. Please help on how to delete this...
  3. This action can't be completed because the file is open in System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This action can't be completed because the file is open in System: Hi, I intend to delete files in the WindowsApps>MSIXVC folder. Everytime I delete the files, I get a message "This action can't be completed because the file is open in System. I have already taken the ownership of the files and the folder. Please help on how to delete this...
  4. COM Surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM Surrogate: Gostaria de saber se isso é um virus ou um programa legivel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/com-surrogate/78136555-aabd-40e5-ae6e-d2acdf4ccdad
  5. This action can't be completed because the file is open in COM Surrogate.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This action can't be completed because the file is open in COM Surrogate.: hi guys, so i downloaded a photo from google then after using it i decided to delete that photo but it says that it can't delete the file because of COM surrogate but after i full scanned my pc i am able to delete the file (photo) so i successfully deleted the file (photo)...
  6. the action cant be completed because the file is open in preview handler surrogate host

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the action cant be completed because the file is open in preview handler surrogate host: I use Nuanace pdf Converter and am operating on Microsoft 365 Windows Pro 10. This error message has just started appearing. It appears when I try to rename, move or delete a pdf file. Can you assist? Fergus Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office/ Unknown/other / Windows...
  7. The action can't be completed because the file is open in system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The action can't be completed because the file is open in system: i find a way to delete this file all day pls. tell me how to delete this file.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-action-cant-be-completed-because-the-file-is/9baf642b-e161-4282-93fc-efec1da46ffe"
  8. COM surrogate

COM surrogate: I logged on this morning and CMD automatically opened. I became concerned because nothing like this usually happens, so i opened task manager after researching reasons why this may occur and discovering that it may be caused by malware. i saw that a couple programs labelled...
  9. Com Surrogate

Com Surrogate: Hi! This days my computer shows a window that I never saw before about COM Surrogate. It says Windows Security in the name bar above but I don't thrust. What it is? It's a virus?...
  10. File open in COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Support
    File open in COM Surrogate: I have no idea what COM Surrogate is, but, recently I've had a lot of trouble with it. I'll try to throw something in the trash, or even put the file in some other location and it won't let me. I get the following message (see screenshot) and the only way I can get rid of it...