Windows 10: The action cant be completed because the file is open in COM surrogate

Discus and support The action cant be completed because the file is open in COM surrogate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I trying to delete personal information from a picture get the above. This after W10 update. Did not occur in W8.1. It's the same on my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ferre2t4, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Ferre2t4 Win User

The action cant be completed because the file is open in COM surrogate

I trying to delete personal information from a picture get the above. This after W10 update. Did not occur in W8.1. It's the same on my laptop.

The action cant be completed because the file is open in COM surrogate [​IMG]

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

:)

Ferre2t4, Jun 29, 2017

2. the action file cant be completed because the file is open COM surrogate windows 10

the action file cant be completed because the file is open COM surrogate windows 10

RahulKejriwal, Jun 29, 2017
  3. One1Windows, Jun 29, 2017
  4. daikin990 Win User

You have opened or used other programs while tryied to make this change in the properties. To fix this problem, I suggest you close COM Surrogate by using Task Manager

1. press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys simultaneously.
    2. Locate the COM Surrogate process then right click it.
    3. Locate End Task.
    Note: If you can’t locate COM Surrogate process, switch to Details tab and find dllhost.exe. Then End Task.it

daikin990, Jun 30, 2017
Thema:

1. The action cant be completed because the file is open in COM surrogate - Similar Threads - action cant completed

2. The action can't be completed because the file is open in system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The action can't be completed because the file is open in system: i find a way to delete this file all day pls. tell me how to delete this file.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-action-cant-be-completed-because-the-file-is/9baf642b-e161-4282-93fc-efec1da46ffe"
  3. COM surrogate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    COM surrogate: I logged on this morning and CMD automatically opened. I became concerned because nothing like this usually happens, so i opened task manager after researching reasons why this may occur and discovering that it may be caused by malware. i saw that a couple programs labelled...
  4. Com Surrogate Virus

Com Surrogate Virus: Recently, I cant save files or delete them because of "com surrogate". I think I got it when I downloaded Utorrent. I searched up how to delete it and everyone says dllhost.exe in the task manager bar :/. Sadly for me, whenever I click on dllhost.exe it immediately disappears...
  5. Com Surrogate

Com Surrogate: Hi! This days my computer shows a window that I never saw before about COM Surrogate. It says Windows Security in the name bar above but I don't thrust. What it is? It's a virus?...
  6. COM Surrogate (32 bit)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM Surrogate (32 bit): When i boot my new HP ProBook 450 G5 running Windows 10 pro, I get the message: Email "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs...
  7. File open in COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Support
    File open in COM Surrogate: I have no idea what COM Surrogate is, but, recently I've had a lot of trouble with it. I'll try to throw something in the trash, or even put the file in some other location and it won't let me. I get the following message (see screenshot) and the only way I can get rid of it...
  8. the action can't be completed because the folder a file in it

in Windows 10 Support
    the action can't be completed because the folder a file in it: I am trying to rename a folder. I get the message below. [img] When I am doing this, I have closed all the files that were open. THe only thing I can think of is that there's still a file in that folder, in that instance of the program, that says...
  9. COM Surrogate

in Windows 10 Support
    COM Surrogate: I'm trying to delete a file or remove personal picture information from a *.jpg, but I'm told that "The action can't be completed because the file is open in COM Surrogate." What is going on? 31943
  10. Com surrogate stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Com surrogate stopped working: Not having any issues with the pc but in reliability history I am seeing occasional ‘com surrogate has stopped working’ messages. It’s very sporadic. Sometimes many many days with nothing listed but then yesterday I saw it shortly after starting machine and then again today....