Windows 10: The Alphabet Menu/Window

Discus and support The Alphabet Menu/Window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry, don't know the proper name for this. It's the small window that opens when you click on a letter in the All Apps menu. Does anyone know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kenC, Jun 16, 2015.

1. kenC Win User

The Alphabet Menu/Window

Sorry, don't know the proper name for this. It's the small window that opens when you click on a letter in the All Apps menu. Does anyone know the purpose of this ?
    Surely it can't be to open an app - I reckon it would take 5 clicks from opening the Start menu to getting to an app. If that is the purpose then it would be better to have a button on the taskbar that opened the window.

:)

2. d.saint Win User

Lumia 510 menu list, update or what?

Hello, when does alphabets on menu list come?the menu list is in alphabet order, but when i purchased this phone there wasnt any alphabet caption on menu list. Yesterday, i downloaded goal.com app but after that alphabet caption appeared on the top of
    each menu.is it any update or what?

d.saint, Jun 16, 2015
  3. Removing the alphabet from the start menu?

This is new design in Windows 10 and it is to help users find applications easier and faster.

If you have any suggestion, you may open Feedback Hub in start menu and check for suggestions, if it is exist, then vote for it or add comment. If not, add new suggestion and explain your suggestion and also describe why you want this feature.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jun 16, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

The Alphabet Menu/Window

Brink, Jun 16, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    On mine when you click on a bright letter it takes you to those programs instead of having to scroll through the list. Only letters that are highlighted have have programs.

labeeman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The Alphabet Menu/Window

1. The Alphabet Menu/Window - Similar Threads - Alphabet Menu Window

2. Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start: Hi How i can disable in Menu Start Alphabetical order into last instaled programs? 171464
  3. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  4. Is there a way to rearrange/delete/add on the alphabetized program menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to rearrange/delete/add on the alphabetized program menu?: I'm not sure what the right terminology is, which is why I probably can't find my answer by searching. I'm not taking about the Start Tiles, I'm talking about the alphabetized listing of programs to the left of that. How can I edit this list--add/delete/rename/rearrange?...
  5. Alphabets in my Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabets in my Start menu: Hi, Curious if anybody knows of a way to turn off the Alphabet letters in the start menu. I know if I click on them they bring up all of the letters and it lets' me get to the letter in question but I've got a hyperscroll mouse so it only takes one flick to get from one...
  6. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  7. Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps: I have seen several threads where people want to remove this feature but in my case it is actually easier to use than scrolling down through 10 to 20 pages of programs listed by letter to get to "X" for "Xcopy+" for example. Is there a way to make a desktop shortcut one-click...
  8. All Apps menu - Can I remove the Alphabet?

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps menu - Can I remove the Alphabet?: I came from Windows 7 like yesterday and upgraded to Windows 10 last night. I absolutely hate the All Apps menu, and don't see a way to change it much. Is there a way to simply remove the Alphabet letters from the All apps menu? I don't really need my apps categorized by...
  9. windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting!

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting!: please can someone explain how i get rid of this crap please! i wish for my start menu to be organized, small, and clean and not cluttered! i wish i could take it back to before where i would just click all apps or hell even type the name in search but im honestly stumped!...
  10. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...