Windows 10: "The audio service is not running" -- speaker icon has red "x" on it..

Discus and support "The audio service is not running" -- speaker icon has red "x" on it.. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after the most recent Windows 10 update, my sound started acting up. At first, the front headphone jack didn't even work anymore. I reinstalled my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lukeman3000, Nov 16, 2017.

1. "The audio service is not running" -- speaker icon has red "x" on it..

So after the most recent Windows 10 update, my sound started acting up. At first, the front headphone jack didn't even work anymore. I reinstalled my Creative Sound Blaster Z driver and it started working again.

However, another problem persists. After a system restart, the speaker icon in the system tray has a red "x" next to it. When I mouse over it, it says "The audio service is not running". When I click the speaker icon, it searches for problems and then my sound magically starts working and the red x disappears.

It seems to be fine after this, but, the problem re-occurs whenever I restart my computer. I've already checked the two Windows audio services that people say to make sure are set to "automatic" (mine already were).

Where do I go from here? This is really annoying.

:)

lukeman3000, Nov 16, 2017

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Nov 16, 2017
  3. nokia 7210 supernova " contact service "

you need to take it to a nokia care center

techbuzzireland, Nov 16, 2017
  4. "The audio service is not running" -- speaker icon has red "x" on it..

Apparently my computer won't shut down now

lukeman3000, Nov 16, 2017
Thema:

"The audio service is not running" -- speaker icon has red "x" on it..

1. "The audio service is not running" -- speaker icon has red "x" on it.. - Similar Threads - audio service running

2. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  3. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  4. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  6. Speaker Icon With Red X

Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  7. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  9. Red X on speaker icon

Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  10. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging