Windows 10: the audio sound became too low after the latest update

Discus and support the audio sound became too low after the latest update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; the audio sound became too low after the latest update, I tried to solve the problem by updating the sound drivers but it says "the updates are already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by akram, Jul 15, 2017.

1. akram Win User

the audio sound became too low after the latest update

the audio sound became too low after the latest update, I tried to solve the problem by updating the sound drivers but it says "the updates are already installed''. should it be necessary driver issues? or BIOS, I don't know.

:)

akram, Jul 15, 2017

2. Sound on PC became very low after the update

Thanks for the advice! I did run it but it found nothing. It was pretty cool to learn a new trick though. I'm going to search HP next for any updated drivers and see if that helps.

CandaceJohannes, Jul 15, 2017
  3. Sound on PC became very low after the update

Actually he has updated his laptop every time he gets one as well as his security programs. Unfortunately I've realized I have a problem with my laptop as well. Somehow the update has cause the sound on my computer to become very low. It's crazy what this
    update has done.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

CandaceJohannes, Jul 15, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

1) Open device manager
    2) Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers
    3) Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    If the CODEC is not listed proceed to the next set of steps.

1) open the HP website for software and drivers:
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

2) enter you computer's serial or product number
    3) select the operating system
    4) look for the IDT high definition audio codec
    5) if you do not see it change the operating system to windows 8.1 or 7.0
    6) download and install the HP IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    7) check the audio

In addition to the above steps it is recommended that you check the HP hardware with an overnight test.
    Download and install the latest HP UEFI diagnostics:

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

The UEFI diagnostics are run by booting to the bios with the F2 or F10 key.
    Then run the UEFI diagnostics in extensive or loop until failure.
    Run the test overnight.
    In the morning if it is still running that is good as it is still looping and has not failed.
    Press the escape key and confirm the pass in the UEFI log.
    The bios has an interactive audio test and this is an additional option to check the audio.
    If there was a detected hardware problem the testing would have stopped and displayed an error code.

If the audio has not been fixed with the above steps:
    1) In the left lower corner search type control
    2) open the control panel > large or small icons > troubleshooting > in the left pane click view all > run the playing audio troubleshooter. View the detailed information. For any fixed or not fixed items use the Microsoft snipping tool and post an image into the thread.

Let us know if you need any additional help.

zbook, Jul 17, 2017
Thema:

1. the audio sound became too low after the latest update - Similar Threads - audio sound became

2. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  3. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  4. Sound Too Low After Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Too Low After Update: I can barely hear now that Windows just did two updates AND apparently the Realtek driver was updated.I have an HP Inspiron 3670 desktop. This has happened before. I have checked ALL the settings--every darn thing I know of, including Maxx Audio Pro, which comes with the...
  5. Headphone Sound Too Low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone Sound Too Low: My headphone sounds are too low on my win 10 and I have heard of loudness equalizer but there is no such enhancement in my lapto what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-sound-too-low/a0942d45-4dc8-4c8b-a58e-9e990df2be9c
  6. Sound volume is too low.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound volume is too low.: Accidently, I labeled my speakers as headphones on the pop up window you get when an audio device is plugged in. To make maters worse, I clicked to never show me that pop up again. Since then, my sound volume is too low. It's around half of what it used to be and I can find...
  7. Audio too low

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio too low: First off, I don't know if this is the right place to post this issue, so sorry if it isn't. I have a problem with my audio. When it's at 6 volume it's the right level, when it's at 8 it's too loud and at 10 it's destroying my eardrums. The usual volume ranges I use are...
  8. audio is too low

audio is too low: hey when I watch any video on "Movies and Tv" I can barely hear any sound, I mean I do hear but it's very low. Even though the volume is up to 100, I can barely hear anything. Audio works very well on other videos or websites, but not on Movies & Tv. This problem really...
  9. AUDIO IS TOO LOW

AUDIO IS TOO LOW: I have this audio problem, and not in all programs, only in "Movies & Tv". Audio works but it's too low I can barely hear anything, even though it's raised to 100. I have been checking every possible way to fix the audio, but nothing's working. I watched this youtube...
  10. AUDIO IS TOO LOW

in Windows 10 Customization
    AUDIO IS TOO LOW: I have this audio problem, and not in any app.. only in "Movies & Tv". Audio works but it's too low I can barely hear anything, even though it's raised to 100. I have checked every possible way to fix the audio, but nothing's working. I watched this youtube video where it...