Windows 10: Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Remove Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Remove Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10

Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open, and switch between your apps. You can also see the specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open.

You can also add toolbars to the taskbar. The default toolbars include Address, Links, Desktop, and any new toolbars (custom) added by the user or an application.

If you have more than one main display by default.

This tutorial will show you how to remove toolbars from the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Remove Toolbar from Taskbar using Taskbar Context Menu
    • Option Two: To Remove Toolbar from Taskbar using Toolbar's Separator Context Menu
    • Option Three: To Reset and Clear all Toolbars from Taskbar using a BAT file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Remove Toolbar from Taskbar using Taskbar Context Menu
    1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, click/tap on Toolbars, and click/tap on the checked toolbar (ex: Desktop) you want to remove. (see screenshot below)

Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Remove Toolbar from Taskbar using Toolbar's Separator Context Menu
    1. If you haven't already, unlock the taskbar.

2. Right click or press and hold on the separator on the taskbar just to the left of the toolbar (ex: Desktop) you want to remove, and click/tap on Close toolbar. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on OK to confirm. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Reset and Clear all Toolbars from Taskbar using a BAT file
    1. For how, see: How to Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 18, 2016
  2. No Jo Win User

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

My original thread on May 17 2018 is locked.

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

However here is a solution:

Remove the Language Toolbar from the Taskbar by unticking (unchecking) it in the list of Toolbars. It will then float and will not show up in your Toolbars list or on the Taskbar.

Logoffs, Restarts and full Shutdown/Poweroff/Startup will all retain the Toolbars as set.

Hope this helps someone.

No Jo, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What are you exactly referring to when you say “Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar”?
    For testing, I suggest you to create a new user account and check the status of this issue.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Reply us back with the results. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Eric Ber Win User
    Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

Hi,

In the Quick Launch toolbar, you can add or remove shortcuts so that you have easy access to items you frequently use from the Quick Launch Toolbar. To move the Quick Launch toolbar to the left side of the task bar, you can follow the steps below:

• Unlock the taskbar. Press right-click on the taskbar, and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Click and hold on the dotted separator line at the left of the Quick Launch toolbar and drag it to the left.
    • When you are finished, lock the taskbar. Press right-click on the taskbar, and check
      Lock all taskbars.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Try3 Win User
    Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders

I find that the easiest way to avoid that is to adjust the widths you have allowed for each Taskbar Toolbar name using this procedure -

1 Right-click on any spare Taskbar area and click on lock the taskbar to deselect it [to unlock it]
    2 Right-click on the name of each Toolbar & untick both Show text & Show title
    3 For each Toolbar, drag its pair of double ¦¦ thingies as close together as they will go
    4 Right-click on a bit of spare space where the toolbar name would be if it was showing [it is a bit awkward but you can find a spare space in that area, try low down just to the left of the >> symbol], select Show title
    5 Right-click on any spare Taskbar area and click on lock the taskbar to select it [to lock it]

The Taskbar Toolbars should now show their names completely but none of their contents.

The TenForumsTutorials about Taskbar Toolbars are

[table][tr][td]Taskbar Toolbars - Reset and Clear in Windows 10 [/td] [/tr] [/table]

Denis

Thema:

1. Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Toolbars Taskbar

2. Taskbar and toolbars in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and toolbars in Windows 11: I have had my new Windows 11 laptop an hour and a half and I am already sorry that I didn't buy a Windows 10!!If I want an OS that was more like a Mac OS, I would have just bought a MAC! Not only has my ability to change the location of my taskbar or adjust it in any way been...
  3. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  4. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  5. Desktop Toolbar on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Toolbar on Taskbar in Windows 10: I like having the Desktop Toolbar on my Taskbar, which lets me access files / shortcuts on my desktop, without having to Show Desktop, etc... In Windows 10 it seems like the default shortcut is to my User Profile / Home path, whereas in Windows 7 it used to point to...
  6. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons: I've been looking all over the paces and was not able to find any inteligent answer. Recently I lost my icons sort order for Quick Launch toolbar. any time after I move icons around to place all in some logical (to me) order, the next time I reboot the computer they are...
  8. Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen...
  9. Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add Toolbars to Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open,...
  10. Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you...