Windows 10: The calendar function in Taskbar won't open without clicking the Start button

Discus and support The calendar function in Taskbar won't open without clicking the Start button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've noticed with build 17713, the calendar function accessed by clicking on the time icon in the Taskbar will not open unless I then click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nigels, Jul 21, 2018.

1. nigels Win User

The calendar function in Taskbar won't open without clicking the Start button

I've noticed with build 17713, the calendar function accessed by clicking on the time icon in the Taskbar will not open unless I then click on the Start button which then opens both the start menu and the calendar. The start menu needs to remain open to use the calendar functions.

:)

nigels, Jul 21, 2018

2. Desktop PC start button and taskbar functions missing.

My Windows 10 PC is now running the anniversary update. Now my start button left click does not open the apps list and the right click on any icon in the taskbar does not open the menu. Otherwise everything
    functions as normal.

Mike Smithson, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work

The first fix in the link that Dalchina posted did the trick for me - FIX - Windows 10 Taskbar Not Functioning - Microsoft Community

rgreenthal, Jul 21, 2018
  4. dehermens Win User

Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. The calendar function in Taskbar won't open without clicking the Start button - Similar Threads - calendar function Taskbar

2. Windows start button, search button, and default taskbar options won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start button, search button, and default taskbar options won't open: I've tried everything, including making a local account, booting in safe mode, editing through reg edit, running powershell scripts, modifying and rebuilding search index, but nothing is working...
  3. Windows start button, search button, and default taskbar options won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start button, search button, and default taskbar options won't open: I've tried everything, including making a local account, booting in safe mode, editing through reg edit, running powershell scripts, modifying and rebuilding search index, but nothing is working...
  4. Start button, search and calendar in the taskbar doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start button, search and calendar in the taskbar doesn't respond: It happened to me today. Apparently one of my friends has same issue. submitted by /u/thracia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zmqj40/start_button_search_and_calendar_in_the_taskbar/
  5. Taskbar Calendar won't pop up when clicked on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Calendar won't pop up when clicked on.: HelloI just recently started having a problem with the taskbar calendar that I did not have hours ago. When I click the dates on the taskbar, the calendar does not pop up. It shows the cursor with the loading circle for a split second then nothing.I run Windows 10 Pro....
  6. Taskbar Calendar won't pop up when clicked on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Calendar won't pop up when clicked on.: HelloI just recently started having a problem with the taskbar calendar that I did not have hours ago. When I click the dates on the taskbar, the calendar does not pop up. It shows the cursor with the loading circle for a split second then nothing.I run Windows 10 Pro....
  7. Taskbar Calendar won't pop up when clicked on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to call taskbar's calendar without click the clock?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to call taskbar's calendar without click the clock?: I make a command so everytime it's execute, the taskbar calendar will pop up. Can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-call-taskbars-calendar-without-click-the/ee173ce5-903c-4a8a-8d58-c36e4fb178cb
  9. Calendar and Notifications won't open when clicking on taskbar icons.

Calendar and Notifications won't open when clicking on taskbar icons.: Can't open calendar and notification apps on taskbar. Tried all sorts of different potential fixes posted on a related "closed" thread and nothing works. However, I've signed on another family member and apps appear. Any suggestions? Thanks...
  10. Action center, battery, wifi, calendar, won't open once clicked on taskbar

Action center, battery, wifi, calendar, won't open once clicked on taskbar: I couldn't access or click buttons on task bar. But it works on other User profile. [ATTACH] This "Add bluetooth" button as well is unresponsive... I have Windows 10, version 2004. [ATTACH]...