Windows 10: The current input timing is not supported by this monitor

Discus and support The current input timing is not supported by this monitor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Free Windows 10 upgrade worked successfully on my system until I changed the monitor resolution. Now I'm booting to a black screen, no cursor, with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by debinflorida, Jul 30, 2016.

1. The current input timing is not supported by this monitor

Free Windows 10 upgrade worked successfully on my system until I changed the monitor resolution. Now I'm booting to a black screen, no cursor, with the following error: Dell S2340M - the ucrrent input timing is not supported by this monitor display. Please change your inpiut timing to 1920 X 1080.... From viewing other sites, it looks like I need a boot disk

:)

debinflorida, Jul 30, 2016

2. "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display" after Fall Creators Update

They don't have any new drivers.

I got my hands on a USB-C to HDMI converter. Once I plugged in the monitor this way, it works. Does that help pinpoint the issue?

YuriyMikitchenko, Jul 30, 2016
  3. "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display" after Fall Creators Update

We suggest checking Dell's website and download and install the latest version of driver for your monitor.

Keep us posted.

Radney Dri, Jul 30, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

The current input timing is not supported by this monitor

The traditional fix is to boot the PC in Safe Mode. That boots at a resolution and frame rate that is allowed by most monitors.

However, that may be semi-broken in Win 10. A USB Recovery Drive could be useful, but if you haven't already made one, it may be hard to do that.

Another option:

Windows 10 - How to enter Safe Mode if I can't boot the system successfully? | Official Support | ASUS Global

The PC will allow you to go into safe mode if the boot up fails a couple of times. I don't recall ever invoking that deliberately. You may be able to get into it by shutting the PC down by holding down the power button.

Best of luck.

bobkn, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

The current input timing is not supported by this monitor

1. The current input timing is not supported by this monitor - Similar Threads - current input timing

2. "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.": I am so desperate at this point, I don't know what to do. I have a Dell 21 monitor SE2419H and an Elite desk 705 G2, Windows 10. I wanted to get better resolution and definitely messed things up by putting in a resolution not even compatible with the monitor.. I know I should...
  3. "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.": I am so desperate at this point, I don't know what to do. I have a Dell 21 monitor SE2419H and an Elite desk 705 G2, Windows 10. I wanted to get better resolution and definitely messed things up by putting in a resolution not even compatible with the monitor.. I know I should...
  4. "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display

in Windows 10 News
    The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are reporting the issue whereby they encounter the error message The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display when opening certain applications or at the very start of their Windows 11 or Windows 10 system booting procedure. The...
  6. Input not supported on monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Input not supported on monitor: I really need help. I just installed new Radeon drivers and software then restarted my PC and now the monitor is just black and says “Input not supported”. I’ve tried to restart the pc again but nothing....
  7. The current input timing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The current input timing...: I’ve had to change my input timing to 1980x1080 and 60hz, I already did that. The problem is every time I load up Minecraft java edition it just shows the black screen again. Some help would do some good thank you....
  8. "imput timing not supported by monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    "imput timing not supported by monitor: after booting up computer, a box "imput timing not supported by monitor display change imput timing, change to 1920 x 1080" appears. In Windows display, this resolution is already checked....
  9. The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input...: Does anyone know how to fix this issue that I've spent about 2 days, so far, trying to fix: "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920X1024, 60HZ" I have changed the resolution several times using various...
  10. The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input...: Does anyone know how to fix this issue that I've spent about 2 days, so far, trying to fix: "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920X1024, 60HZ" I have changed the resolution several times using various...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor current input timing not supported