Windows 10: The desktop keeps refreshing 3 or 4 times an hour adter the Spring 2018 update

Discus and support The desktop keeps refreshing 3 or 4 times an hour adter the Spring 2018 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the Spring 2018 update my desktop flickers as if it's being refreshed. This happens 3 or 4 times an hour. When I look at the event viewer there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grandpa666, Aug 3, 2018.

1. The desktop keeps refreshing 3 or 4 times an hour adter the Spring 2018 update

Since the Spring 2018 update my desktop flickers as if it's being refreshed. This happens 3 or 4 times an hour. When I look at the event viewer there are no errors around the time of the refresh. I do see under security what looks to be a service logging in but I can't tell which service it is. I updated all my drivers, done a file system scan etc.

The refresh is very distracting.

:)

Grandpa666, Aug 3, 2018
  2. PL726 Win User

After Spring Update 2018 desktop and task bar icons keep blinking when Windows Explorer is open

After Spring Update 2018, desktop and task bar icons keep blinking about every second when Windows Explorer is open. When Windows Explorer is closed they stop blinking.

PL726, Aug 3, 2018
  3. 2018 Spring Update

Its May 30 - Where is the 2018 Spring update?

It supposed to be sent out by April 30...?

I know that not everyone gets it at the same time but - 1 month?

Is this normal or what do I have to do?

Sunburst55, Aug 3, 2018
  4. The desktop keeps refreshing 3 or 4 times an hour adter the Spring 2018 update

Windows 10 Spring 2018 Creators Update - How to get it now

This years (2018) Spring update has not yet been released. Should be available as early as April 2nd or as late April 9th or 10th.

Please note that since I have not yet installed it since it not yet available the instruction posted are:

1) At this time is temporary and subject to change once the Spring Creators Update (version 1803) is released.

2) Some information is at this time based on last years Fall Creators Update (Version 1709 / Build 16299) and will be updated once this years (2018) Spring Creators Update is released. For now just substitute
    Spring wherever you see the word Fall in the details listed below.

J W Stuart, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

The desktop keeps refreshing 3 or 4 times an hour adter the Spring 2018 update

1. The desktop keeps refreshing 3 or 4 times an hour adter the Spring 2018 update - Similar Threads - desktop keeps refreshing

2. Ethernet keep disconnecting adter updating to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keep disconnecting adter updating to windows 11: I just update my windows 10 to 11 and internet keeps disconnecting within minutes i reset the network adapter and it works for 1 more minute and it keeps happening again and again. Tried new cable tried cmd pof reset netsh tried switching wlan to automatic in services....
  3. Ethernet keep disconnecting adter updating to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keep disconnecting adter updating to windows 11: I just update my windows 10 to 11 and internet keeps disconnecting within minutes i reset the network adapter and it works for 1 more minute and it keeps happening again and again. Tried new cable tried cmd pof reset netsh tried switching wlan to automatic in services....
  4. Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop keeps refreshing: My windows 11 desktop keeps refreshing too many times after I boot on my laptop, how do I rectify that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-refreshing/bee86e99-a990-44ec-bf1e-19ac555effdf
  5. Desktop keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop keeps refreshing: My windows 11 desktop keeps refreshing too many times after I boot on my laptop, how do I rectify that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-keeps-refreshing/bee86e99-a990-44ec-bf1e-19ac555effdf
  6. Desktop Keeps Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Keeps Refreshing: Hello whenever i open a folder my dekstop / taskbar refreshes.Any ways to fix this ? It's clean install Windows 10 2004version Things I've tried but to no avail SFC / Dism / Chkdsk Disabling Windows Error Reporting service (some article said it was causing this) Disabling...
  7. Windows keeps updating again and again... 3-4 times a day and restarting all the time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps updating again and again... 3-4 times a day and restarting all the time: Has anyone else been seeing this? See my update history below.. seems like everything fails?[ATTACH]e update to Windows 10, version 1803 x64 2019-05C...
  8. Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update: Alright. I'm pretty upset at this point. The Spring Creators Update messed up my computer, costing me $400 in repairs and new harddrives. Once all that was fixed, I got all my stuff reinstalled, games, everything. Then I ran into problems with the games. Dragon Age...
  9. Spring Creators Update 2018

Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  10. Windows 10 spring update 2018

Windows 10 spring update 2018: Why do people STILL put up with the arrogant attitude put forth by the Microsoft organization? On 4 occasions Windows 10 tried to update my system with the spring 2018 creators upgrade. On the 4th attempt, it bricked my computer. AND I MEAN BRICKED. I spent a full 3...