Windows 10: "The drive where windows is installed is locked." Help.

Discus and support "The drive where windows is installed is locked." Help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok , so yesterday when I was starting my PC, I accidentally leaned on the Ctrl and Home keys. Then it came up "Reboot and Select proper Boot device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Limao, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Limao Win User

"The drive where windows is installed is locked." Help.

Ok , so yesterday when I was starting my PC, I accidentally leaned on the Ctrl and Home keys. Then it came up "Reboot and Select proper Boot device. Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key." So I rebooted and put in my Windows 10 USB and when I go to repair Windows it says that "The drive where windows is installed is locked."

I have tried :

"Bootrec /fixMBRbootrec /fixBoot
    bootrec /rebuildBCD"

"bcdboot c:/windows /s /v"

Everything that can repair my computer on the USB

Nothing seems to work and I don't want to factory reset because then I'd lose 10 months of work that I need. Help?

EDIT: I've tried sfc /scannow and It says that my computer needs to be rebooted with Windows.

:)

Limao, Oct 22, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Oct 22, 2015
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Oct 22, 2015
  4. mdmike52 Win User

I have same or similar problem. One drive of raid array got loose connection during updates. Fixed that. Now start button does not work and trying to repair/reset windows says "drive containing windows is LOCKED. Cannot repair windows> How to unlock drive?

mdmike52, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

1. "The drive where windows is installed is locked." Help. - Similar Threads - drive where installed

2. Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed): Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pccleaning-the-drive-where-windows-is/b634be9c-63bc-4b84-9f5a-72669e591573
  3. Windows 10 PRO; hard drive is locked where windows is located

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PRO; hard drive is locked where windows is located: Windows 10 PRO; hard drive is locked where windows is located Windows repair or recovery will not resolve the problem; keep getting msg that the hard drive where windows is located, is locked. How can I repair this? I'm quite sure that this was caused by a Windows Update...
  4. lock screen where is it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen where is it?: Where is the "Lock Screen" command? It is NOT to be found in the PErSONALIZATION option from the Desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/lock-screen-where-is-it/3f114da1-1ce6-42d9-98b9-2d246dc20765
  5. LOCKED DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LOCKED DRIVE: Help I went to use iTunes recently and my laptop I am guessing it is my c drive how do I unlock it. I have window 10 home edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/locked-drive/94b485e1-83df-4907-8f20-170ed12df777
  6. where is IT help desk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where is IT help desk: When I use windows Defender It comes back with YOUR IT ADMINISTRATOR HAS LIMITED ACCESS TO SOME AREAS OF THIS APP AND THE ITEM YOU TRIED TO ACCESS IS NOT AVAILABLE. CONTACT IT HELP DESK FOR MORE INFORMATION...
  7. Where are the lock screen pictures located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are the lock screen pictures located?: So I want to see all of the lockscreen pictures for Windows 10 but can't find them. Any ideas? 15427
  8. Where is Windows 10 Help APP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is Windows 10 Help APP: Under all old versions of Windows it was easy to get offline and online Help. Its not clear yet so am doing searches. 10454
  9. Windows 10 drive locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 drive locked: I have windows 10 pro x64 free upgrade after full booting all dialogue boxes does not open,as freezed,tried to boot from windows DVD to repair installation but no success,then tried to reinstall I received message "The drive where windows is installed is locked,unlock the...
  10. "Drive where windows is installed is locked"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Drive where windows is installed is locked": so i ran into an issue where some of the default apps with windows stopped working. i'd had a strange crash/BSOD and i tried a lot of things to fix it - details are here: BSOD reboot loop while playing BF1 System Service Exception i think the apps not working may have come...