Windows 10: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000?

Discus and support The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am seeing several of these Warnings in the Event Viewer, Windows System logs. These are Event ID 219, Source Kernel-PnP. That said, I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oxonsi, Dec 31, 2016.

1. oxonsi Win User

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000?

I am seeing several of these Warnings in the Event Viewer, Windows System logs. These are Event ID 219, Source Kernel-PnP.

That said, I am not experiencing any crashes, freezes, BSODs, and everything on my PC seems to be functional. So perhaps I can safely ignore these warnings, but I prefer to get to the bottom of something in case it will lead to problems in the future.

I have done some online research on this event, and none of the suggested fixes seem applicable to me. I have been vigilant in keeping all drivers on my machine up to date. I've checked, and there don't seem to be any newer drivers available for any of my hardware. I also have the Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework service set to "automatic" startup.

The details of this event are below.

Any suggested action to remedy my problem? Thanks!

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />

<EventID>219</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>212</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-01-01T19:23:45.837466800Z" />

<EventRecordID>51641</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="376" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-NDLCEAK</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>
    <Data Name="DriverNameLength">13</Data>

<Data Name="DriverName">ROOT\WPD\0000</Data>

<Data Name="Status">3221226341</Data>

<Data Name="FailureNameLength">14</Data>

<Data Name="FailureName">\Driver\WudfRd</Data>

<Data Name="Version">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

oxonsi, Dec 31, 2016

2. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\ACPI0008\5&15d725f4&0.

I have a Samsung Ativ Book 8 (NP880Z5E-X01UB)

I did several clean installs and all windows update.

Also Samsung Update drivers have been installed and are all up to date.

If my computer goes to sleep, or I close the lid and open it back up it crashes.

I'm seeing the following in event viewer.

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\ACPI0008\5&15d725f4&0.

Can anyone help

Curtis D Guider, Dec 31, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Uninstall and reinstall USB Controllers from Device manager.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if this helps.

a) Press Windows key + X, select device manager.

b) Expand USB Controllers.

c) Right click on the USB Drivers and select uninstall.

Now perform a system restart.

a) Now open device manager.

b) Click on
    Scan for hardware changes.

c) And follow the installation wizard to install the drivers for the USB hard drive.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you

Jessen P, Dec 31, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, are there any devices with yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed. Usually your video card driver.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...ernel-pnp.aspx

spunk, Dec 31, 2016
  5. oxonsi Win User
    Thanks for your reply and the info. Not sure why I didn't find that article myself.

Good info. I don't see any yellow flags in Device Manager. nVidia video card driver is definitely installed. Looking at the Event Log, it appears these warnings always occur at system startup. Per the article, "this event happens randomly at times due to latency issues associated at system boot up." Given all that, it seems this is nothing I need to worry about.

Thanks again *Smile

oxonsi, Jan 1, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Jan 1, 2017
  7. That does sound like an issue. Did you try the method to Start Windows Driver Foundation? It worked for me:

1.Press Windows Key + R then type services.msc and hit Enter.

2.Find Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework service then right-click on it and select Properties.

3.Set it’s startup type to Automatic and make sure the service is running, if not then click on Start.

4.Click Apply followed by OK.

5.Reboot your PC to save changes.

There are other ways too but I would suggest you to read more about them before deciding which one would be best for you.

Reference Links:

1. 6 Ways to Fix Driver WUDFRd Failed to Load - ValidEdge

2. https://social.technet.microsoft.com...w7itprogeneral

coperfell4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000? - Similar Threads - driver DriverWudfRd failed

2. The driver \Driver\XTUComponent failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The driver \Driver\XTUComponent failed to load for the device...: I get this error every time I start my HP pavilon gaming laptop and then the internal screen does not work while any display plugged into the hdmi port works fine....
  3. The driver \Driver\XTUComponent failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The driver \Driver\XTUComponent failed to load for the device...: I get this error every time I start my HP pavilon gaming laptop and then the internal screen does not work while any display plugged into the hdmi port works fine....
  4. The driver \Driver\XTUComponent failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I have been getting freezes and then blue screens and event viewer has told me this: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_371717AA&REV_05\3&11583659&2&20. This driver is for Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. Every...
  6. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I have been getting freezes and then blue screens and event viewer has told me this: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_371717AA&REV_05\3&11583659&2&20. This driver is for Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. Every...
  7. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: This warning shows up in my System Log just after a reboot. Any ideas what is causing this? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 3/25/2021 11:38:40 AM Event ID: 219 Task Category: 212 Level: Warning Keywords:...
  8. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_046D&PID_0AAA&MI_03&Col02\7&26d7e364&0&0001. I keep getting this warning message in the event viewer on Windows 10 version 2004 I have a Logitech g pro x headset I have removed the driver also the logitech...
  9. The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device: Full event error: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device {C5A047D8-CB5B-40E9-B9E3-316AB06B5A18}\WirelessKeyboardFilter` Driver environment: Windows 10 x64 desktop I have a wireless Microsoft mouse I do not have a Microsoft wireless keyboard I have the...
  10. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device: Hi, I'm been having issues a looong time with different sorts of BSOD's but I've been able to cook it down to this last one after replacing both graphics card and Logitech headset. Latest error which occuring at least once per day: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000 - Microsoft support article

2. windows error loading driver\wudfrd ROOT\WPD\0000

3. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000

4. the driver \driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device root\wpd\0000.,
  5. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000 after sleep,
  6. driver failed to load root\wpd\0000