Windows 10: the final version of Windows 10

Discus and support the final version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is the expected date of issuance of the final version of Windows 10 *Wink 52186 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zakialjuhani, Jun 2, 2016.

1. the final version of Windows 10

What is the expected date of issuance of the final version of Windows 10 *Wink

:)

zakialjuhani, Jun 2, 2016
  2. TS_171 Win User

Will the final version of Windows 10 have a privacy settings?

Still looking for an answer, why does an OS need privacy settings?

I would hope that like previous versions of Windows that Windows 10 will not be collecting or giving my personal information away. Desktop OS's do not need location settings, nor do most have the hardware to provide one, so why need settings to manage them.

The initial link provided says that Microsoft will be collecting that data along with a virtual ton of other private information from Windows 10. Including what you type, what you search for, what programs you use, when you use them, how you use them, what
    you serf for, etc.

TS_171, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jun 2, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

the final version of Windows 10

Nobody knows. I would expect probably in 2018 or 2019, but, I believe, Microsoft has also claimed this will be the last Windows.

NavyLCDR, Jun 2, 2016
  5. As NavyLCDR said this is supposed to be Microsofts last version of Windows so I'm assuming it will just be updates to the core Win10 from now on. Now ........... if that REALLY happens is up to debate I suppose, but I would count on 10 being around longer than previous versions.

indianacarnie, Jun 2, 2016
  6. If you are asking when Windows 10 will be available in it's final form, the answer is now, and has been for almost a year.

DeaconFrost, Jun 2, 2016
  7. Rocky Win User
    I think that the general consensus is August 2020.

Rocky, Jun 2, 2016
  8. the final version of Windows 10

There is no expected date for the final version of Windows 10

The current branch of Windows 10 seems to be released every 3-6 months, but that will go on FOREVER

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2016
  9. Rocky Win User
    I think that the OP was just baiting us.

Rocky, Jun 3, 2016
  10. Berton Win User
    Using Windows key + R and typing winver shows that Win10 1511 is the Version number and the other part is the Build number. The Build number will increase over time and as updates are installed, seems to me Win10 is the last Version and the updates do the changes. It's not unlike Mac OS X, last versions have been very inexpensive morphing into free.

Berton, Jun 3, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    The version number should go to 1607 (or possibly 1608) when the anniversary update is released in July or August.

NavyLCDR, Jun 3, 2016
  12. Rocky Win User
    I'm betting the next "version" will be 1607.

Rocky, Jun 3, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Correct.

BunnyJ, Jun 3, 2016
  14. Nah, I think it was a legit question about the next release date - the Anniversary edition. There's still a lot of misconceptions out there about Windows 10 and sometimes language gets in the way of communication.

I had a little fun with it since others answered.

Slartybart, Jun 3, 2016
  15. At some point I expect the 10 to disappear and it will be just referred to as Windows. That's not based on anything factual or any inside info. It's just a gut feeling I have. The last version of Windows won't have a version number associated with its name. You'll have to run winver to see exactly what build version you have or look on the system page etc. It's basically like that now. If somebody says I'm running Windows 10, the next question is usually what build?

alphanumeric, Jun 3, 2016
Thema:

1. the final version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - final version

2. Windows 10 version 22H2 is the final Windows 10 version

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 22H2 is the final Windows 10 version: Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system reaches end of support on October 14, 2025. Microsoft revealed today that Windows 10 won't receive any more feature updates going forward. In other words: Windows 10 version 22H2 is the final version of Windows 10. Microsoft will...
  3. Windows 10 version 22H2 reaches final stage before official release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 22H2 reaches final stage before official release: Microsoft plans to release a feature update for Windows 10 in the second half of 2022. Windows 10 version 22H2 will be the first feature update for Windows 10 of the year, as Microsoft changed the release cadence to one release per year. [ATTACH] Microsoft announced this...
  4. The next "final" version of Windows 12 may already be in development

in Windows 10 News
    The next "final" version of Windows 12 may already be in development: When Microsoft unveiled the Windows 10 operating system, it stated that Windows 10 would be the last and final version of Windows. Last year, Microsoft released Windows 11 to the public, and rumors suggest that the company is already working on Windows 12. [ATTACH] Security...
  5. Nvidia releases GeForce drivers for the final version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia releases GeForce drivers for the final version of Windows 11: Nvidia released updated Game Ready and Studio drivers for the final version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system today. The company did release its first Windows 11 ready drivers back in July, but the drivers released today are designed for the final version of Windows...
  6. Security baseline FINAL for Windows 10 version 21H1

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline FINAL for Windows 10 version 21H1: We are pleased to announce the final release of the Windows 10, version 21H1 (a.k.a. May 2021 Update) security baseline package! Please download the content from the Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit, test the recommended configurations, and customize / implement as...
  7. Security baseline (FINAL) Windows 10 and Windows Server version 20H2

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline (FINAL) Windows 10 and Windows Server version 20H2: We are pleased to announce the final release of the for Windows 10 and Windows Server, version 20H2 (a.k.a. October 2020 Update) security baseline package! Please download the content from the Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit, test the recommended configurations, and...
  8. Difference between Windows 10 final version and Insider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Difference between Windows 10 final version and Insider: I was doing some research because I wanted to download W10 ISO using this web page https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php And I saw that they got this option Windows(Final) Windows(Insider) And I don't know the differences about it, right now I'm doing some research on my own...
  9. Windows 10 version 20H2 ‘Start Menu’ update is being finalized

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 20H2 ‘Start Menu’ update is being finalized: Fresh evidence has emerged that the next version of Windows 10 called ’20H2′, which was published to commercial customers for validation or testing, is being finalized and the big rollout could start in the coming months. It’s based on the fact that users have found...
  10. Security baseline (FINAL): Windows 10 and Windows Server, version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline (FINAL): Windows 10 and Windows Server, version 2004: We are pleased to announce the final release of the security configuration baseline settings for Windows 10 and Windows Server version 2004. Please download the content from the Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit, test the recommended configurations, and customize and...