Windows 10: The Font Thing - similar?

Discus and support The Font Thing - similar? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For a decade or two on my XP PC (and maybe earlier) the program The Font Thing frequently proved very handy. But it was apparently 16-bit and sadly I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Terrypin, May 4, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

The Font Thing - similar?

For a decade or two on my XP PC (and maybe earlier) the program The Font Thing frequently proved very handy. But it was apparently 16-bit and sadly I can't run it on my Win 10 Pro PC.

Anyone able to recommend a similar 32 or 64 bit tool they've found useful please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, May 4, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

where can i get colored fonts

There is no such thing as colored fonts . . .

The program you use the font in is responsible for coloring the font . . .

DaveM121, May 4, 2017
  3. N80 Text Font Size

Unfortunately it is not possible to change the font size on the N80, the only thing that can be changed is the size of font in the web browser but general font sizes are not changeable.

bigguy---01, May 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 4, 2017
  5. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks dalchina, appreciate the fast response and will check those out asap.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, May 4, 2017
  6. mike s Win User
    Have a look at NexusFont

(Simple, easy and well designed applications by xiles)

mike s, May 11, 2017
  7. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks Mike, but I finally got TTF working.

Terrypin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The Font Thing - similar? - Similar Threads - Font Thing similar

2. similar program to autoruns?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    similar program to autoruns?: is there a similar program to microsoft autoruns, preferably better, that also has a portable version of it? 173254
  3. Font Size & Colour On "Update Drivers" (& Similar) Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font Size & Colour On "Update Drivers" (& Similar) Windows: Is there any way to change these? See the attached screenshot for what I'm referring to. It's hard to tell, but there is black text in the title bar which doesn't seem affected by the accent colour you choose, or by changing the title bar text size using a registry tweak...
  4. Qos or similar turned on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Qos or similar turned on?: Hello, So i got myself a intel CT gigabit nic. Qos is off in router Qos & vlan turned off in adapter settings. Yet download / upload decreases 30-50% when watching youtube or a twitch stream? Whats going on? Thx submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments]...
  5. Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names: Hello, I am using windows and have the following situation: I have multiple PDF files which naming system is as following: 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1801 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1802 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1807 I also have folders that are named as following:...
  6. Weird font letter thing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird font letter thing?: [ATTACH]The weird D and b It affected every folder in Program files x86, Even numbers have these weird lines, Happened seemingly out of nowhere, How do I fix them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-font-letter-thing/eca3b63b-7309-4217-a150-e907cea983e9"
  7. cant use touchpad while playing or using any key on games or things similar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant use touchpad while playing or using any key on games or things similar: i use an ELAN touchpad and whenever im playing,i cant move the mouse to view while im using the keys,any way to fix it? i use an hp pavilion laptop 15-cw1xxx...
  8. Missing Sure Thing DVD Symbol II Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Sure Thing DVD Symbol II Font: I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 and installed my Epson printer. The Epson "Print CD" feature of this printer is missing the Sure Thing DVD Symbol II font. Can anyone tell me how I can get that installed? Thanks...
  9. Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things: Hello, i have a desktop lenovo running windows 10. Ive set a uefi/bios password on there (not clear on the difference) my hope is to prevent resets to factory settings. The end goal being to maintain the integrity of the admin account on the computer. However, it doesnt...
  10. Open Translators to Things: Open Approach for Accessing Similar Things

in Windows 10 News
    Open Translators to Things: Open Approach for Accessing Similar Things: To help application developers more easily interact with the “Things” (e.g. light bulbs) around them, I am delighted today to introduce an alpha version of our new open source project Open Translators to Things (OpenT2T) on GitHub. Our goal is to enable application developers...