Windows 10: The "Free" Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support The "Free" Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a couple of questions regarding the "Free" upgrade for windows 7 & 8.1. When the upgrade is finally available and I download this to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dTonic, Jul 16, 2015.

1. dTonic Win User

The "Free" Windows 10 Upgrade

I have a couple of questions regarding the "Free" upgrade for windows 7 & 8.1.
    When the upgrade is finally available and I download this to my computer and perform the upgrade, Is there a way to ever perform a "clean" install of Windows 10 in the future on the PC/Laptop? Or, would I have to fresh install 7/8.1 first and then use the same Win 10 download to complete the install? Do you know if there will be a way to DL the "Full" version once the upgrade is performed?

Thanks

:)

dTonic, Jul 16, 2015

2. PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

download j2me edition of blueftp to your x2. Configure the settings on application access.

Then browse files, highlight the file which you want to hide press 9

three action will appear.

generalmember, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Battōsai Win User
    PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

Battōsai, Jul 16, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

MS has said that there will be an ISO for a clean install of Win10 after a user performs the upgrade.

BunnyJ, Jul 16, 2015
  5. DKW
    DKW Win User
    You can also use "Reset this PC" (Remove everything), which should restore the PC to the same "clean install" status.

The "Free" Windows 10 Upgrade [​IMG]

6. dTonic Win User
    DKW, How can what was once windows 7 or 8.1 "restore" the OS. I generally do not use gadgets like System Restore Points so the partition that holds the factory reset/restore image would still be the old OS.

dTonic, Jul 16, 2015
  7. dTonic Win User
    I hope this is the case...thanks

dTonic, Jul 16, 2015
  8. DKW
    DKW Win User

dTonic,
    Once you upgrade to Windows 10, the OS will include a Recovery Environment. You can still disable System Restore, as Windows RE is separate from system restore. Basically the idea, is to be able to reinstall, without an ISO.

9. dTonic Win User
    I don't believe Windows Recovery Environment will perform a clean install without an ISO. Looks more like a basic troubleshooting method.

dTonic, Jul 18, 2015
  10. dTonic Win User
    Apparently my question was answered tonight. I performed the upgrade on one computer tonight without error. There is a link to download a "MediaCreationTool" which allows you to download and create a DVD or USB media with a full clean install of Windows 10, my current understanding is that you need to upgrade first then you can use the media you built to perform a clean install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

dTonic, Jul 31, 2015
  11. dTonic Win User
    Ha! And Microsoft is trying to save its darling "Bing" from going BONG by forcing Win 10 users to search with Bing only. I does not seem to be able to be changeable.

dTonic, Aug 1, 2015
  12. bobkn Win User
    It's changeable. Simple, if not obvious:

Make Google Default Search Engine in Microsoft Edge Browser

Basically, go to the Google page in Edge. When you're there, it'll show up as an option to select for search in the Advanced settings.

bobkn, Aug 1, 2015
  13. dTonic Win User

I've gone off topic with my last reply, but I was referring to Win10's humongous search-bar that takes up 30% of the bar. This is what MS want you to use and I don't think it search engine is configurable. It can be reduced to an icon or hidden, or even removed by disabling the WindowsSearch service, which is what I did. I use a faster lest resource-intensive program to search for files/folders...etc MS is trying to move us away from thinking we need to open another program to search the web, and this is not a bad thing, except that it is monopolizing its stake in the search world by disallowing it's configuration, not that I use Bing, Yahoo(also Bing), or for that matter Google directly.

dTonic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The "Free" Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Free Upgrade

2. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  3. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  4. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  6. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  7. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  9. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  10. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade