Windows 10: The German state of Lower Saxony plans to migrate 13,000 PCs to current version of Windows

Discus and support The German state of Lower Saxony plans to migrate 13,000 PCs to current version of Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If the reports are believed to be true, around 13,000 workstations running OpenSuse will be migrated to a current version of Windows. The tax authority... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 26, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

The German state of Lower Saxony plans to migrate 13,000 PCs to current version of Windows

If the reports are believed to be true, around 13,000 workstations running OpenSuse will be migrated to a current version of Windows. The tax authority in German state Lower Saxony is planning to migrate 13,000 workstations to Windows 10 operating system from Linux.

At the moment, 13,000 workstations are running Linux, which has long been considered a rival to Windows.

The state’s tax authority is currently operating OpenSUSE on up to 13,000 workstations and it will soon migrate the devices to the ‘current version’ of Microsoft’s Windows operating system.

The report adds that the migration to Windows 10 from Linux is due to the fact that many of its field workers and telephone support services already use Windows. Having the same operating system everywhere apparently makes things easier for the workers and the authority.

Lower Saxony’s draft budget has revealed that up to €5.9m is set aside for the migration to the latest operating system.

The timetable for Lower Saxony’s migration is not available and it’s not yet clear how many months or years the migration would take.

The post The German state of Lower Saxony plans to migrate 13,000 PCs to current version of Windows appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 26, 2018
  2. natr0n Win User

Rumor: GTAV - PC Version

A couple of German retail websites have put up a listing regarding the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V, raising hopes that a PC version of the game is in development.

Amazon Germany and GamesOnly have both listed the unannounced PC version of the game.

Moreover, a listing of a special edition for the game was briefly put up by GamesOnly before they promptly took it down. The special edition was said to contain the following in addition to a copy of the game.

SteelBook with exclusive artwork
    World map
    Stunt-planes challenges
    Online-store concessions
    Bonus outfits
    Bonus tattoos
    Special abilities booster
    Exclusive weapons

Although the listing’s been removed, a rep from GamesOnly apparently confirmed the existence of such a edition to a member of a GTA fan site known as GTA-extreme.de.

“We can confirm that the content, as it is stated in the item description is correct” read the statement.

Grand Theft Auto V is going to release on September 17 worldwide for PS3 and Xbox 360.

PC version of GTA 5 listed by german retailers - rumour - VG247

natr0n, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Battery Plans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key,

• Type Choose a power plan.

• There you will be able to customize the power plan.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 26, 2018
  4. The German state of Lower Saxony plans to migrate 13,000 PCs to current version of Windows

Migration; PC to Mac

I am trying to migrate my files and apps from Windows 10 Pro to a new MacBook Air. Opening the Migration Assistant, following all steps, it comes to a point where it states I must Close WINDOWS MAIL in order to proceed. I have tried everything in the book
    to close or remove this program and it just wont happen. I don't use WINDOWS MAL and never have. No idea what it does. Just know it won't close and allow the migration of my files and programs from my PC to my Mac. How can I get this done???

SkipKraemer, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

The German state of Lower Saxony plans to migrate 13,000 PCs to current version of Windows

1. The German state of Lower Saxony plans to migrate 13,000 PCs to current version of Windows - Similar Threads - German state Lower

2. win 10 migrate plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 migrate plan: i have Win 10 OEM on a Dell XPS 8300 which is no longer supported..i have a WDC 1TB HDD and just added another identical.i want to create the second HDD identical to the first so i can easily switch if the first HDD fails.SMART shows 5 raw clusters in the pending count and...
  3. win 10 migrate plan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 migrate plan: i have Win 10 OEM on a Dell XPS 8300 which is no longer supported..i have a WDC 1TB HDD and just added another identical.i want to create the second HDD identical to the first so i can easily switch if the first HDD fails.SMART shows 5 raw clusters in the pending count and...
  4. win 10 migrate plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. User profile migration to new Windows 11 PCs

User profile migration to new Windows 11 PCs: As one department ~170 persons are in a transition to move to another department on new Windows 11 PCs I would like to move, not only relevant documents but preferably, the entire user profiles with them.Most of their functions will remain the same. And so most relevant...
  6. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  7. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  8. The current state of windows...

9. Migrate Outlook to current Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Migrate Outlook to current Outlook?: I've performed an in place upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 on a relatives ex lease business notebook. I wanted to perform an upgrade first and evaluate what would be required for an eventual clean Win 10 install to an SSD. As an ex lease machine it appears to have an old MS...
  10. German Carmaker to upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    German Carmaker to upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10: Windows 10 has been garnering a good amount of customers off late with many companies opting to update their PCs with Microsoft’s latest offering Windows 10. One of the big German car maker company Porsche has now decided to upgrade all its Windows 7 PCs with Microsoft’s...