Windows 10: The Group Policy Client Service failed the sign-in

Discus and support The Group Policy Client Service failed the sign-in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Not sure whether this is related to the recent upgrade (yesterday jan 28 2016), but I restarted my PC after after the upgrade, all was OK, I switched... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Roman Krejci, Jan 28, 2016.

1. The Group Policy Client Service failed the sign-in

Not sure whether this is related to the recent upgrade (yesterday jan 28 2016), but I restarted my PC after after the upgrade, all was OK, I switched it off and went home. Today after I swithed my PC on the following appeared:
    "The Group Policy Client Service failed the sign-in. The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported"
    Wow, this frightened me as hell. The logon screen reappeared and I managed to log-in on the second attempt. However - I hate the idea this is going to happen again. What should I do?

:)

Roman Krejci, Jan 28, 2016

2. The group policy client service failed the sign-in. The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported.

The group policy client service failed the sign-in

The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported.

Win 10 on HP Envy

Cannot log in on any user.. Please help.

EldredGodson, Jan 28, 2016
  3. "The group policy client service failed the sign in. Not enough storage is available to process this command" error upon start up

When opening up I get a message "The group policy client service failed the sign in. Not enough storage is available to process this command" This doesn't happen every time but sometimes I have to try several times to open up.

[ Original title: Starting up ]

[ Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in ]

BobCoombes, Jan 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

The Group Policy Client Service failed the sign-in

The fact that you were able to login is good and suggests you might be OK. If the issue persists with future logins there are a number of possible causes; the main one being that the GPCS failed to turn on as it should do at start-up.

One possibility is that it is related to Google Chrome see: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...icy-error.html and this would be worth checking through if you use Chrome on your system.

philc43, Jan 28, 2016
  5. SigmodDu Win User
    yes, you may need to install google in non admin mode

SigmodDu, Jan 30, 2016
  6. Modo Win User
    Ran in to this issue after UG to 1511. I noticed almost immediately a problem with connecting to other network devices - that crops up as a related issue in Microsoft threads.

Before shutting down I had also deleted a fair string of saved passwords in Google settings - just mentioning to see if that is a common factor.

Turned on this morning and UUID error. Fortunately had second account with admin privileges on the account - not sure how you could solve without! Used second account to remove Google and cleaned up Registry. Rebooted and all is good - so far.

Modo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The Group Policy Client Service failed the sign-in

1. The Group Policy Client Service failed the sign-in - Similar Threads - Group Policy Client

2. the group policy client service failed the sign-in- access is denied

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    the group policy client service failed the sign-in- access is denied: Hello,One user is getting this error when trying to log in to his laptop. We don't have physical access to his machine. The remote access application is not loading either.Articles online keep talking about editing registry. We don't have a way to edit the registry either...
  3. the group policy client service failed the sign-in- access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the group policy client service failed the sign-in- access is denied: Hello,One user is getting this error when trying to log in to his laptop. We don't have physical access to his machine. The remote access application is not loading either.Articles online keep talking about editing registry. We don't have a way to edit the registry either...
  4. the group policy client service failed the sign-in- access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Group policy client service failed the sign in - Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group policy client service failed the sign in - Remote Desktop Client: Hi everyone,Wondering if someone knows how to fix "Group policy client service failed the sign in" error on Remote Desktop Client Version 1.2.313.0 64 on WIndows 10Trying to fix this for one of our Users and this problem just happened recently. Troubleshooting performed:1....
  6. Group policy client service failed the sign in - Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group policy client service failed the sign in - Remote Desktop Client: Hi everyone,Wondering if someone knows how to fix "Group policy client service failed the sign in" error on Remote Desktop Client Version 1.2.313.0 64 on WIndows 10Trying to fix this for one of our Users and this problem just happened recently. Troubleshooting performed:1....
  7. Group policy client service failed the sign in - Remore Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group policy client service failed the sign in - Remore Desktop Client: Hi everyone,Wondering if someone knows how to fix "Group policy client service failed the sign in" error on Remote Desktop Client Version 1.2.313.0 64 on WIndows 10Trying to fix this for one of our Users and this problem just happened recently. Troubleshooting performed:1....
  8. Group Policy Client Service Failed to Sign in - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy Client Service Failed to Sign in - Access Denied: Every time I update Windows 10, I get the message "Group Policy Client Services Failed to Sign in - Access Denied". I had to roll back to the earlier version to get it working again. I could not fix the issue suing regedit changing GPSvcGroup setting Would appreciate any...
  9. Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in: One of our staff members started getting an error on sign in. As soon as you enter her password the error: The group policy client service failed the sign-in. Access is denied pops up. I have tried doing a system restore and it works until updates run again....
  10. Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in: From a cold boot: it took 4-5 minutes. Disk was active, but not taking a dump (observed disk activity light). Got message "The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in., The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported." I just sat there with that message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the group policy client service failed universal unique identifier

2. The Group Policy Client service failed the sign in...access is denied Windows 10

3. The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in. The Universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported

4. the group policy client service failed the sign-in