Windows 10: the handle is invalid HELP!

Discus and support the handle is invalid HELP! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey guys, So i just started up my laptop and i tried logging in but it won't let me. I type in my password perfectly, but it keeps giving the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JordanBeatbox, Aug 8, 2015.

1. the handle is invalid HELP!

Hey guys,

So i just started up my laptop and i tried logging in but it won't let me.
    I type in my password perfectly, but it keeps giving the handle is invalid message.
    What is this. So basicly i can't get into my computer. Can't pass the login screen.
    Tried restarting, tried different keyboards, but it keeps giving me the same message.

Great thanks to anyone that can help me..

:)

JordanBeatbox, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Handle is invalid Windows 10 HELP

There is a possibility that this issue is due to software corruption. If your PC comes with Windows operating system installed, we recommend contacting the manufacturer for other recovery options. Alternatively, you can purchase a new copy of Windows 10
    software.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post back.

Romel Ram, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Handle is invalid Windows 10 HELP

After downloading and trying to install, I get a message saying "The computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart the upgrade."

I removed the USB and press the restart button on my PC but nothing happend. I was brought back to the login screen and the error saying the handle is invalid. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

JacksonHayes, Aug 8, 2015
  4. the handle is invalid HELP!

Did a search and saw this.... worth a try..

• Step 1: Press "Win Key+R" and type "cmd" in the "Run" command box and hit enter to open command prompt.
    • Step 2: Type the command "net user UserName NewPassword", in the command prompt and hit "Enter". If you want to remove this password, just replace NewPassword with *.

ventanasguy, Aug 9, 2015
  5. hey man!

At first thanks for your reply!

So i fixed this by holding shift and clicking restart at the power button.
    And for some reason it started updating my system and now i can just normally log in *Biggrin
    So yea it's solved

JordanBeatbox, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Sharon Win User
    Jordan, thank you for posting your fix. I just had that problem and holding just the power down didn't force it. I saw your post. So I held shift/power and it started to reboot. Problem solved. Everything up and running again. Thank You. .

Sharon, Aug 23, 2015
  7. Rasper101 Win User
    I have the same problem, i upgraded from 8.1, first i got a black screen before login. Lost all my programs because i had to reinstall from a usb. Then i got a black screen after log in, task manager running explorer.exe gave me my screen back, restarted and now my pass word gives me invalid handle. Shift/restart is not working, even reseting PC is not working. Ive got 14 gig of photos to edit before the end of next week. Wish i never upgraded

Rasper101, Oct 2, 2015
  8. the handle is invalid HELP!

I have exactly the the same problem, so cross I can't get in at all and fix after fix just gives creates a different problem. The above solution doesn't work for me.... Wish I had ignored the constant messages to upgrade

Lisaworcester, Oct 20, 2015
  9. Darkshear Win User
    I had this issue occur on three separate Windows 10 machines in my environment. None of the other fixes described here or other places worked.

Building on the idea that a Windows Update caused this problem, I was able to boot the machines in to Safe Mode, log on successfully, and I uninstalled KB3135173 and KB3124262. After rebooting back in to normal mode, this solved my issue. Not sure which one of the two updates caused it though. If it happens again I'll find out.

Darkshear, Feb 11, 2016
  10. angryuser Win User
    I concur, this has occurred to multiple machines in our environment. Seems to be related to KB3135174 & or KB3124262, I found a nice step by step at the below site. They posted that it was related to Citrix and XenDesktop but it seems to affect a bit more...
    https://sysoperators.blogspot.com/20...-at-logon.html

Thanks all for confirming my suspicions about the bad update(s).

angryuser, Feb 14, 2016
  11. Darkshear Win User
    All three machines I had this issue with did indeed have the 7.6.300 Citrix VDA installed. I'll be updating them to 7.7 tonight to prevent the issue going forward.

Darkshear, Feb 14, 2016
  12. Vikramss Win User
    Hi,

I have the same problem of Windows telling me "Handle is invalid", i recently had a BSOD - Bad System config problem and it would go into the repair options and hence using one of the threads where they guided me to do a repair and it worked, now when i logon, it says "Handle is invalid" and i do not have the Power Option on my Login screen to hold Shift + Restart to try what has been given, can you help me please...

Vikramss, May 10, 2016
  13. angryuser Win User

the handle is invalid HELP!

Are you able to get to safe mode to uninstall the bad updates?

As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press F8 when the boot menu appears. Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.

angryuser, May 10, 2016
  14. I'm going through the same thing right now. i tried to go in and come in on safe mode but it still would give me the same error. Now it will take my password, start to log in and bring up my main screen but it blip then goes back to the sign in page where i put my password in it would give that 'invalid handle" message.

mobtonguezilla, May 20, 2016
  15. I tried that also. the computer would still do the same thing. i would give me the "invalid handle" even in safe mode. with command prompt, network or just plain safe mode for debugging.

mobtonguezilla, May 20, 2016
Thema:

the handle is invalid HELP!

1. the handle is invalid HELP! - Similar Threads - handle invalid HELP

2. Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid: I am currently unable to enable Bitlocker on a Windows 10 device as I receive the error "The Handle is invalid". All our devices are built the same but for some reason BitLocker will not enable on this one device. Unfortunately, we have 3rd party software installed which...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan ‘Invalid Handle’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan ‘Invalid Handle’: Hi,I am having trouble with fax and scan after windows 11 update. I had to revert the update back to Windows 10 as a few of my pharmacy apps were not functioning properly on Windows 11. All the other apps were normal after Windows 11 was reverted back to 10, but WFS had...
  4. an internal error occurred Invalid handle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an internal error occurred Invalid handle: When I clicked DNS client to restart it nothing is happening. Restart is grey and when I clicked action on DNS client, I get the error message: an internal error occurred Invalid handle. This issue is so important and without it the email of outlook on mobile won't and I get...
  5. Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Handle is invalid: Whenbibtry to log into my computer I get an error message that the Handle is Invalid. Even when i attempt to start in safe mode it still try's to have me log in and gives me that error message submitted by /u/Ritagra [link] [comments]...
  6. Handle is Invalid message on Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Handle is Invalid message on Startup: On Restart, I am getting a screen on the computer which gives my name and then the message "Handle is invalid" . When I press the "OK" button, the screen displays my login and asks for password. When I put in my Microsoft password, I get the same screen "Handle is Invalid". I...
  7. "Invalid Handle" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Invalid Handle" error: I have been having issues with my tower for a while now. I am getting a BSOD without an alpha-numerical error code, just says that a critical error has occured. I was going into safe mode to back up files, games, etc, and when I tried to log in, I got the invalid handle...
  8. The handle is invalid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The handle is invalid: hey guys. I have never set a password for my Computer. And now it asks for a password. I Try once and it says The handle is invalid. I have windows 10 if that's relevant to the problem. I have tried Holding 'SHIFT and clicking restart' but it still doesn't work. Please...
  9. the handle is invalid HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    the handle is invalid HELP!: Hey guys, So i just started up my laptop and i tried logging in but it won't let me. I type in my password perfectly, but it keeps giving the handle is invalid message. What is this. So basicly i can't get into my computer. Can't pass the login screen. Tried...
  10. Invalid file handle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid file handle.: I tried installing cygwin and messed up what I wanted installed. Now, when I try to delete C:\cygwin\usr\share\avogadro\crystals\zeolites\CON.cif I get an error that I have an invalid file handle and cannot delete it. I don't see anything special about this file, so why can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the handle is invalid explorer.exe