Windows 10: The handle is invalid

Discus and support The handle is invalid in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hey guys. I have never set a password for my Computer. And now it asks for a password. I Try once and it says The handle is invalid. I have windows... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by karar, Feb 13, 2018.

1. karar Win User

The handle is invalid

hey guys.
    I have never set a password for my Computer. And now it asks for a password. I Try once and it says The handle is invalid. I have windows 10 if that's relevant to the problem. I have tried Holding 'SHIFT and clicking restart' but it still doesn't work.
    Please help and thank you who ever does.

:)

karar, Feb 13, 2018

2. The handle is invalid windows 10

Hi Daniel,

It might be due to some corrupted files on your system, we suggest creating a Windows 10 installation disc and perform a repair on the device. Here's the
    link on how to create an installation disc.

You can also check this article to know more about Windows
    10 installation.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Justine Pel, Feb 13, 2018
  3. The handle is invalid windows 10

Hi,

I got this "the handle is invalid" when i try to logon to my computer.

I know that i have the right password.

I have searched for solutions and tried them but i cant logon.

If i restart and choose safe mode, i still cant logon.

I did make a new user that dont have a password, but it doesnt work eighter.

I cant find any way to go pass the logon screen.

I did get this free upgrade to windows 10, so i do not have a windows disc eighter.

Can you please help me?

I havent been able to use the computer for over a week now...

Br

Daniel

danielllllll, Feb 13, 2018
  4. The handle is invalid

Hi karar Welcome to the TenForums @karar

Not sure if you may have got this solved?

When you said you held shift and click restart what didn't work. It was supposed to start Windows Advance Startup options, did you not get this screen?

Do you have your data backed up?

Caledon Ken, Feb 13, 2018
  5. karar Win User
    Caledon Ken
    the windows advance start-up options appeared. However Idk if my data is backed up.
    What do u do after the windows start-up options appear.
    thank you

karar, Feb 14, 2018
  6. Here is the tutorial on Advance Startup Options.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

First thing to try is startup repair. Hopefully it will be that simple.

Then you could try System Restore assuming Restore points are enabled. This takes you back in time. I would select a restore point just before Feb 13, 2018.

Next you could Startup Settings and from there boot into Safe Mode. Once in Safe mode you would uninstall the updates applied Feb 13,14 ish. Click Start > Settings > Update and Security > View Installed Updates history. At top of page is uninstall.

Not sure this route is going to work as safe mode is likely to challenge you for password.

If you don't know if your data is backed up it isn't. This is a problem. Thankfully your disk is likely still in fine shape and you can copy it out if required. Lets see how the repair processes go.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The handle is invalid

1. The handle is invalid - Similar Threads - handle invalid

2. Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid: Hello everyone, I'm trying to fix a problem I'm having on Windows Server 2012 R2. After performing some system updates, every printer shared via RDP no longer works correctly because I receive this message: Handle is invalid.Via Event Viewer I get this:"The print spooler...
  3. Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid: Hello everyone, I'm trying to fix a problem I'm having on Windows Server 2012 R2. After performing some system updates, every printer shared via RDP no longer works correctly because I receive this message: Handle is invalid.Via Event Viewer I get this:"The print spooler...
  4. Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid: I am currently unable to enable Bitlocker on a Windows 10 device as I receive the error "The Handle is invalid". All our devices are built the same but for some reason BitLocker will not enable on this one device. Unfortunately, we have 3rd party software installed which...
  5. Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid

Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid: I am currently unable to enable Bitlocker on a Windows 10 device as I receive the error "The Handle is invalid". All our devices are built the same but for some reason BitLocker will not enable on this one device. Unfortunately, we have 3rd party software installed which...
  6. Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid: Please would you be able to help me fix this error: Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-clean-up-file-history-data-the-handle-is/aea76400-8ebf-43a5-ac9e-b56f836f4a6d
  8. Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid

Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid: Please would you be able to help me fix this error: Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-clean-up-file-history-data-the-handle-is/aea76400-8ebf-43a5-ac9e-b56f836f4a6d
  9. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid file handle when renaming file: Hi,some time ago I exported a file from Exchange Server. The output file was called con.pst.However, it appears that con is a reserved file name. Whenever I try to rename or copy con.pst I get an Invalid File Handle message.Is there any way I can rename this file so it can be...
  10. Invalid file handle when renaming file

Invalid file handle when renaming file: Hi,some time ago I exported a file from Exchange Server. The output file was called con.pst.However, it appears that con is a reserved file name. Whenever I try to rename or copy con.pst I get an Invalid File Handle message.Is there any way I can rename this file so it can be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cygwin the handle is invalid.

2. cygwin handle is invalid

3. the handle is invalid UNC

4. win 7 updates breaks sharing invlaid file handle