Windows 10: The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

Discus and support The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diana Nguyen1, Apr 24, 2024.

1. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off, and it was still accessing my mic. How do I fix this?

:)

Diana Nguyen1, Apr 24, 2024
  2. VnC1 Win User

Windows update and Service host process

Hi.

Can anyone tell me:

• Why is the process 'Service host: Network Service, Delivery Optimization' running constantly 24/7, hogging 30% of processing power and how do I stop it?

And

• Is this somehow linked to the fact that neither windows 10 update or its trouble shooter appear to be working? windows 10 appears to be permanently checking for updates.

I'm Running a brand new HP laptop, i5 processor and 8Gb Ram with windows 10 64bit (1903). This has only started happening in the last week or so

Thanks

Wurze

3. LuizScruz Win User
    Host Process for Windows Services uses my microphone all the time

Hello vilaugra, welcome to the Microsoft community, I'll be happy to help you today;

I understand that the Windows Host Process uses your Microphone constantly;

Initially I suggest that you check if the option "Listen to my device" is activated;

Open the control panel and click on Hardware and Sound;

Click on Sound;

Click on the Recording tab;

Select your Default Microphone and click Properties;

Click the Listen tab;

Disable the option "Listen to this device";

Click Apply;

Restart your PC and check if the Windows Host Process still uses your microphone;

Hope this helps, see you soon!

LuizScruz, Apr 24, 2024
  4. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

Host Process for Windows Services task

Hi Mehrdad,

The Host Process for Windows Services task is an official Microsoft core process. It serves as a host for services that load from
    Dynamic Linked Library (DLL) files which cannot institute services as a full process.

You will only be able to see exactly what service attached to the Host Process for Windows Services task by using a third-party application.

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing:

• Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?
    • What are the changes made or the things you've done before the issue persist?
    • Have you tried closing all the applications and still can see this task?

Meanwhile, running the System File Checker might help in repairing
    missing or corrupted system files. System File Checker or
    SFC
    is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore these corrupted files.

Also, can you create another administrator account and observe if the issue persists? Here's a
    link on how to create another user account in Windows 10.

Let us know what happens after following the above mentioned troubleshooting methods.

Thank you.

Michelle Her, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

1. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this... - Similar Threads - Host process services

2. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  3. "host process for windows services"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "host process for windows services": I recently just bought minecraft for my girlfriend but when she tries to download it she gets a message that says "host process for windows services" and it has two options: yes or no. However when she clicks yes nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Any help is greatly...
  4. Host Process For Windows Services Using Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Process For Windows Services Using Microphone: On my computer, for a few months now, on startup, the microphone icon has popped up and it says that what is using my microphone is Host Process For Windows Services. I don't know any application that could be using it or could have a reason to. What is a solution?...
  5. Host Process For Windows Services Using Microphone

Host Process For Windows Services Using Microphone: On my computer, for a few months now, on startup, the microphone icon has popped up and it says that what is using my microphone is Host Process For Windows Services. I don't know any application that could be using it or could have a reason to. What is a solution?...
  6. Why is host process for windows always using my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is host process for windows always using my headphones: host process for windows always using my headphones im not sure why it doesnt seem like a problem is it a problem and to be more speifc windows/system32/ svhost.exe is using it i dont think its a problem im just wondering what it is and if its a problem how do i stop it...
  7. Why is host process for windows always using my headphones

Why is host process for windows always using my headphones: host process for windows always using my headphones im not sure why it doesnt seem like a problem is it a problem and to be more speifc windows/system32/ svhost.exe is using it i dont think its a problem im just wondering what it is and if its a problem how do i stop it...
  8. Host Process for Windows Services using my camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Host Process for Windows Services using my camera: I have disabled every program's ability to access my camera and then restarted. The camera is being used currently and I don't understand why.Host Process for Windows ServicesC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeCurrently In UseIs there any way to see exactly what/who is accessing...
  9. Host Process for Windows services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Host Process for Windows services: It's really very annoying for me since I Host process for windows is using too much of my data since I limited data so it is causing trouble for me daily it uses at least 500 MB of data daily and also slows my Internet speed daily even if I only use my pc on metered...
  10. Host Process for Windows Services constantly using my microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Host Process for Windows Services constantly using my microphone: I have Host Process for Windows Services constantly using my microphone [ATTACH] I have cortana disabled [ATTACH] I dont have listen to this device on [ATTACH] And it cannot be a virus because I have run a antivirus scan and it came negative. Please help me I don't...