Windows 10: The June Browser Numbers are In!

Discus and support The June Browser Numbers are In! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; And now we have the browser numbers for June 2016. #1 Chrome clocks in at 48.65%, boosting its lead over Explorer for the second month in a row.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Vince Massi, Jun 30, 2016.

1. The June Browser Numbers are In!

And now we have the browser numbers for June 2016.

#1 Chrome clocks in at 48.65%, boosting its lead over Explorer for the second month in a row. Chrome now leads Explorer by 17%, gaining a whopping 5.08% since last month. Folks, there is more than one explanation, but the quiet growth of Chromebooks is one of them. A frightened Microsoft is quietly helping manufacturers get lower-cost Windows laptops out there in order to compete.

At 5.09%, Edge is not even close to being the #1 choice of Windows 10 users. Its .91% growth, however, is still better than Explorer’s, Firefox’s, Safari’s, and Opera’s declines. And I predict that as new machines have Edge as their default browser, its market share will grow.

:)

Vince Massi, Jun 30, 2016
  2. Wolfiezs Win User

What are the numbers in parentheses beside apps in Task Manager? And what do they mean?

It means there are two components to that item

So like if you have Google Chrome (14) then its using 14 components.

If this thread resolved your problems click the "Yes" Button in the "Did it solve your problem." Section. If this didn't help please reply and I will further assist you. Thanks

Wolfiezs, Jun 30, 2016
  3. What are the numbers in parentheses beside apps in Task Manager? And what do they mean?

About a year ago I noticed that whenever I click "more details" at the bottom of Task Manager, I noticed that these numbers in parentheses show up beside the open apps that weren't there before; an example would be: Google Chrome (11) or Battle.Net App (5).
    What purpose do these numbers serve? They only started turning up about a year ago and I've had this computer for four years now.

P.S I know this question doesn't fit in this category but I cannot find a category suitable for this question.

TimPinnell, Jun 30, 2016
  4. The June Browser Numbers are In!

What devices?

Desktops/Laptops, Tablets, Phones, all of these?

paulsalter, Jun 30, 2016
  5. Valid question, Paul. The numbers include desktops and laptops, but not phones and tablets. I cannot find out if the numbers include Chromebooks.

An older definition of "Computer" is a device with input, output, memory, and a CPU. Under that definition, smartphones, tablets, and even some printers are computers. A newer definition excludes mobile devices, whose primary purpose is to communicate. Obviously, there are overlaps.

6. z3r010 Win User
    This is how I see it for the past month.

The June Browser Numbers are In! [​IMG]

z3r010, Jun 30, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    Those figures look more realistic John.

swarfega, Jun 30, 2016
  8. The June Browser Numbers are In!

Internet Explorer at 8.28%?

I find that rather hard to believe. A good idea, perhaps, but rather hard to believe.

9. Any way you can get similar for 6 months ago?

Interesting to see how browser usage on here has changed in the last 6 months

paulsalter, Jun 30, 2016
  10. z3r010 Win User
    Here is December - it's pretty much the same.

The June Browser Numbers are In! [​IMG]

z3r010, Jul 1, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks for the information John.

BunnyJ, Jul 1, 2016
  12. Cheers John

Interesting to see how its changed

paulsalter, Jul 1, 2016
  13. The June Browser Numbers are In!

Very interesting lets hope once new upgrade done Edge will move up one place or even get top spot

hTconeM9user, Jul 1, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
    Just out of curiosity. Why would it matter what rank a browser has? To me the only thing that matters is that my browser does what I need and that I feel comfortable using it. Even though Edge has come a long way since the day it was first released I still prefer Pale Moon/Firefox.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The June Browser Numbers are In!

1. The June Browser Numbers are In! - Similar Threads - June Browser Numbers

2. Issue with june update - browsers stop working if hotspot is active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with june update - browsers stop working if hotspot is active: Hi, sorry for my bad English, a question after some of the lastest windows 10 update.Notebook: Asus Zenbook UX433FN.308OS: Windows 10 HOME V.21H1Situation: System in www by ethernet, hotspot activate to use external devices. ISSUE: when hotspot is active, browsers alla of...
  3. Issue with june update - browsers stop working if hotspot is active

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with june update - browsers stop working if hotspot is active: Hi, sorry for my bad English, a question after some of the lastest windows 10 update.Notebook: Asus Zenbook UX433FN.308OS: Windows 10 HOME V.21H1Situation: System in www by ethernet, hotspot activate to use external devices. ISSUE: when hotspot is active, browsers alla of...
  4. Issue with june update - browsers stop working if hotspot is active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. june update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    june update: your june update has done strange things to my pc...desktop. including splitting my c drive and calling on {g} now can I copy and paste it back or do I have to completely uninstall,do a clean copy and lose all my work...
  6. Telephone numbers showing as links in Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Telephone numbers showing as links in Microsoft Edge Browser: When viewing my web site pages in Microsoft Edge browser, all the telephone numbers appear as links even though they are not. When I view pages using Firefox they look like an ordinary list of telephone numbers as they should. They also look like ordinary telephone number...
  7. The May Browser Numbers are In!

in Browsers and Email
    The May Browser Numbers are In!: #1 Chrome fattened last month’s slim lead over Explorer. Chrome now leads #2 Explorer 11.92%. Edge grew .6%, passing Safari to regain the # 4 spot. Folks, Edge is not growing as fast as Windows 10, partly because upgraders get their old browsers upgraded with 10. After July...
  8. Browser Locked? Call This Number.

in Windows 10 News
    Browser Locked? Call This Number.: [img] A new form of browser locker has recently surfaced. Browser-lockers are websites or pop-ups that redirect the browser to a website that locks-up the browser. The user is prevented from continuing any normal operation including closing the offending browser window,...
  9. The June Desktop Operating System Market Share Numbers Are In!

in Windows 10 News
    The June Desktop Operating System Market Share Numbers Are In!: The numbers for June 2016 are in! Windows 7 had 49.05%, dropping 1.64% from last month. And it was a good month for Windows 10, which went from14.28% to 19.14%. Between them Windows 8 and 8.1 had 10.46%, topping XP's 9.78%. Linux continues its slow crawl upwards,...
  10. Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer Still the Number One Browser in the World: [img] Data shows IE remains the leading browser worldwide Internet Explorer is no longer the default browser in Windows, but this doesn't necessarily mean that everyone is ready to give up on it and switch to a different application. Statistics provided by Net...