Windows 10: the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

Discus and support the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by riowenda, Feb 28, 2024.

1. riowenda Win User

the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously enabled bitlocker and didn't feel like saving the recovery key

:)

riowenda, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Feb 28, 2024
  3. MohamedShelly, Feb 28, 2024
  4. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

Everytime i restart my laptop, my second ssd is locked by bitlocker.

I cloned my main ssd yesterday, i got windows 11 to boot but my second ssd is always locked after a restart and theres also no bitlocker options on the laptop. How can i fix it?

JavierRosario76, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

1. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically - Similar Threads - laptop broken ssd

2. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically: I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously enabled bitlocker and didn't feel like saving the recovery key...
  3. Laptop locked in bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop locked in bitlocker: Hi, last year my windows 11 laptop updated and locked me into bitlocker. I cant factory reset it either, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-locked-in-bitlocker/a15b76f2-baaa-4b1e-8b65-9d8c1cbf286c
  4. Laptop locked in bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop locked in bitlocker: Hi, last year my windows 11 laptop updated and locked me into bitlocker. I cant factory reset it either, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-locked-in-bitlocker/a15b76f2-baaa-4b1e-8b65-9d8c1cbf286c
  5. Locked out of laptop by Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of laptop by Bitlocker: My personal laptop updated then when I proceeded to try and login, it asked for a Bitlocker key. I tried logging to my Microsoft accounts, and it is not there. I never set up Bitlocker, so I can't access the key. I have work meetings and homework due tonight on there, so I’m...
  6. Laptop locking automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop locking automatically: Hello guys, I have a problem with my laptop. When I play League Of Legends in Game, after some minutes it appears a blue screen saying locking. Could you help me fix it? Take a note that I'm active in my computer (when I play League of Legends) and it's happening. 183774
  7. Drives locked by Bitlocker automatically

Drives locked by Bitlocker automatically: Hi,I have recently reset my PC to have a clean installation of Windows in C drive. PC reset was successful but my D & E drives are automatically locked by Bitlocker. I have contacted Microsoft for resolution. It seems that the drives are locked automatically by Bitlocker due...
  8. Bitlocker has locked a SSD in my laptop

Bitlocker has locked a SSD in my laptop: Guessing I know the answer to this one but really hoping there is a workaround.... Laptop with two drives. Decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 2004 in an attempt to fix a few minor issues. Installed Windows to the C: using a USB set up using the Media Creation...
  9. Bitlocker has locked a SSD in my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlocker has locked a SSD in my laptop: Guessing I know the answer to this one but really hoping there is a workaround.... Laptop with two drives. Decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 2004 in an attempt to fix a few minor issues. Installed Windows to the C: using a USB set up using the Media Creation...
  10. Automatically locking BitLocker volumes

Automatically locking BitLocker volumes: Is there an easy way to have certain BitLocker volumes lock automatically after a period of user absence and lack of reading/writing to the volumes? Perhaps a utility that does this? I've been playing with a scheduled task, but so far, it locks the volumes when I don't...