Windows 10: The little black rectangle in the top right

Discus and support The little black rectangle in the top right in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just purchased a new screen for my setup an acer xb281hk, and I noticed a black rectangle in the top right of the screen. Not knowing what it was I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blazinfatherted, Mar 13, 2018.

1. The little black rectangle in the top right

Just purchased a new screen for my setup an acer xb281hk, and I noticed a black rectangle in the top right of the screen. Not knowing what it was I googled the issue. Most users advised to reinstall windows or do the whole sfc thing or said my screen had dead pixels.

Lets deal with the last bit advice, the black square was translucent I could still see an Icon under neath if it was dead that wouldn't happen.

So backed tracked what I did. I found out the retangle was only present when the monitor was in game mode.

What it turned out to be was this was the FPS count all I did is switch the screen in to game mode and went in and turned off FPS number and it's now gone.

No need to reinstall anything, no dead pixels no drama just a case of understanding the problem so before you reach for your recovery process double check the screen mode settings.

Phew!

:)

blazinfatherted, Mar 13, 2018

2. unknown symbol

So I just got my phone, i was messing around with it and set it down. I heard a beep and now theres a new symbol on it that i dont recognize. It's in the top row toe the right of the "G"

Its a rectangle about the size of the envelope icon, but maybe a tad smaller and theres an amorphous blob in the middle and a little blue dot in the upper right corner of the rectangle.

Any ideas?

cleetus---01, Mar 13, 2018
  3. Desktop

Hi for some reason there is a weird black rectangle on my desktop, and when i click on it it creates a little square under the rectangle wherever I click. It is very annoying and I want to get rid of it but I don't know how

AssadaWarrior, Mar 13, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

The little black rectangle in the top right

Welcome to TenForums. Nice work, especially for a first post here. Thanks for sharing your observation, analysis, and findings with us. I'm sure this will help others with the same problem.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 13, 2018
Thema:

The little black rectangle in the top right

1. The little black rectangle in the top right - Similar Threads - little black rectangle

2. Black screen with a little display on top of the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a little display on top of the laptop: My laptop is windows 11 asus tuf gaming f15. My problem is that when i use 72 hz and above it shows a black screen with a little bit of glitch on the top and a screen on the top of the laptops monitor. And when i try to open games with high definition it will automatically...
  3. Black screen with a little display on top of the laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with a little display on top of the laptop: My laptop is windows 11 asus tuf gaming f15. My problem is that when i use 72 hz and above it shows a black screen with a little bit of glitch on the top and a screen on the top of the laptops monitor. And when i try to open games with high definition it will automatically...
  4. Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop: I have this weird grey box in the top left of my desktop, I have seen other people who have had this problem and was wondering if I could get an answer. Here's a screenshot:Here's some things I know about it:-It does not appear on startup-When it does appear all desktop icons...
  5. Top portion of monitor is occasionally flickering a black rectangle in everything other...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Top portion of monitor is occasionally flickering a black rectangle in everything other...: Hi, I have been trying to fix this for ages and no matter what I do it just keeps flickering. I have built the PC myself but I'm positive that this is a software issue otherwise i wouldn't be working just fine in fullscreen videogames. My monitor which is a ViewSonic...
  6. Black rectangle on title bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black rectangle on title bar: [ATTACH] I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and now there is a black rectangle under the title bar's text. The rectangle is exactly the same color as the text, so it's not possible to see the text. If I defocus the window, the text color gets lighter to indicate...
  7. all my desktop icons are removed and theres a weird white rectangle at the top right of the...

all my desktop icons are removed and theres a weird white rectangle at the top right of the...: all my desktop icons are removed and theres a weird white rectangle at the top right of the screen heres a screenshot [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-desktop-icons-are-removed-and-theres-a/0027cfe2-34bd-4de0-8eda-32e1f4d3ee69
  8. The little screen on the top.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The little screen on the top.: How do I get rid of the little duplicate page that shows up on Microsoft Edge. It is on the very top. Closing it closes everything. I am new to Edge and find this so annoying. JoyCr...
  9. Transparent rectangle in top right corner of screen

Transparent rectangle in top right corner of screen: Hello I'm running windows 10 and there is a often a small transparent rectangle in the top left of my screen while my desktop is blank. When I double click it, it disappears and my desktop reappears. Does anyone know how to get rid of it permanently.[ATTACH]...
  10. Black rectangle appears on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black rectangle appears on startup: [img] When I start my laptop this black thing appears. Does anyone know what it is and how I might get rid of it? 77060