Windows 10: The Live Tile function Microsoft Store and Maps tiles is not working. How do I get it to work?

Discus and support The Live Tile function Microsoft Store and Maps tiles is not working. How do I get it to work? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is the second time I've asked this. So far no suggested solution has worked. In fact, when I first asked this question, the Store tile cycled and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BananaFrappe, Aug 21, 2018.

1. The Live Tile function Microsoft Store and Maps tiles is not working. How do I get it to work?

This is the second time I've asked this. So far no suggested solution has worked. In fact, when I first asked this question, the Store tile cycled and only the Map tile didn't work. After attempting every suggestion, now the Map and Store tiles aren't working.

So far, I've tried (without any success)....

• Unpinning and repinning the tiles to the Start Menu
    • Resetting each tile in the Settings menu and rebooting
    • Troubleshoot MS Store apps in Settings control panel - said something was "not fixed" and offered no other solution.
    • Ran sfc /scannow in the CMD shell (as an administrator) to no effect.
    • Following the instructions on THIS PAGE to go into regedit and add a registry value- it was this option that after a reboot, I discoverd the Store function was no longer working. When I undid the change (following the page's instructions), the Store function has not come back. Plus, two games that I downloaded from the MS Store that were tiling are now not tiling any more.

At this point the only Live Tiles that are working are: New, Weather, and Calendar.

Is there ANY solution to this? Or is this just another of the many Microsoft ideas that were imperfectly implemented that work for some and not at all for others that we all just have to live with?

By the way, this was a brand new Win10 laptop (only a few days old) with fully updated drivers (all updated within the last few days) and the lastest Win10 updates.

:)

BananaFrappe, Aug 21, 2018
  2. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Aug 21, 2018
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Store Live Tile no longer works

Since 1703 & now 1709

I guess that's why they added the icon. *Tongue

Things that make the Store's Live Tile work for a short period:

• Turning the "Show products on tile" option off and then back on from within the Store's settings.
    • Resetting the Store.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Store with Powershell.

elbeasto, Aug 21, 2018
  4. The Live Tile function Microsoft Store and Maps tiles is not working. How do I get it to work?

maps live tile dead

New version of maps came through on store updates this morning. It works fine but the live tile no longer seems to function. appears to be dead. Tried turning live tile off and on but made no difference. Seems to be same on our other pc too. Anyone else notice this? I love it when an 'update' breaks some kind of functionality!

Scottyboy99, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

The Live Tile function Microsoft Store and Maps tiles is not working. How do I get it to work?

1. The Live Tile function Microsoft Store and Maps tiles is not working. How do I get it to work? - Similar Threads - Live Tile function

2. Live tile not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live tile not working.: So basically I have my Microsoft Store application pinned to my start menu but I don't see the live tile working. I tried a reboot, windows explorer restart, making sure live tile is on, and gave it time yet it still didn't update. Any solutions?? submitted by...
  3. Live tile not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tile not working?: Windows 10 home 64 bit, version 2004 up to date. I use Windows News Live tile in the start menu quite often, but for some reason it no longer shows a rotating news feed picture? I can still click on it and go to the news page, but the tile is dead otherwise. The tile is set...
  4. Microsoft Store Live Tile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Live Tile: When will microsoft if ever sort out the store tile not going live. It has been months since it stopped going live and i have seen no comments from microsoft, only comments from independant advisers / scammers with surgestions which in all honestly do not work. Has microsoft...
  5. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  6. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  7. Live Tile not working correctly for Microsoft Store App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Live Tile not working correctly for Microsoft Store App: Hi all, I’m having a problem with my Win Store app live tile not working correctly in the start menu. I have Win 10 Pro. I’ve tried resetting the app, reinstalling and adusting the live tile settings within the app off and on again. This did work for a short time but...
  8. live tiles do not work

live tiles do not work: None of the tiles (Weather,News,Money, etc,) show real data. Just thr tile icon. 44199
  9. Store Live Tile Not Working

Store Live Tile Not Working: Either doesn't work or works intermittently. Any ideas? 23218
  10. Store Live Tile no longer works

Store Live Tile no longer works: Since 1703 & now 1709 I guess that's why they added the icon. *Tongue Things that make the Store's Live Tile work for a short period: Turning the "Show products on tile" option off and then back on from within the Store's settings. Resetting the Store. Uninstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps on Microsoft store with live tiles

2. maps live tile windows 10

3. windows store live tile not working

4. live tile windows maps,
  5. windows maps live tile not working,
  6. Windows 1809 Live tile not working,
  7. microsoft maps live tile not working