Windows 10: The "LPT1" device is used by another program when this isn't true

Discus and support The "LPT1" device is used by another program when this isn't true in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; VMWare Workstation 12.5.2 on W10 x64 cannot connect the LPT1 port to a VM And NO it is NOT in use by any other program. I need to be able to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by perdrix, Feb 21, 2017.

1. perdrix Win User

The "LPT1" device is used by another program when this isn't true

VMWare Workstation 12.5.2 on W10 x64 cannot connect the LPT1 port to a VM

And NO it is NOT in use by any other program. I need to be able to use this. I could in earlier release.

HELP!!!

Thanks
    Dave

:)

perdrix, Feb 21, 2017

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Feb 21, 2017
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Feb 21, 2017
Thema:

The "LPT1" device is used by another program when this isn't true

1. The "LPT1" device is used by another program when this isn't true - Similar Threads - LPT1 device used

2. Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.: Camera in use by another app... but it isn't. I cant get my camera to work because message says it's in use by another app. The only camera app I use is Zoom, but I don't have Zoom open....
  3. How to enable true desktop mode when using my device as a tablet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable true desktop mode when using my device as a tablet?: I'm using my Surface as a tablet, and I don't like the desktop/tablet mode hybrid that is used when you use desktop mode on a tablet. How do I disable this hybrid and get the true desktop mode? submitted by /u/chungus_is_gay [link] [comments]...
  4. Close a program when another starts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close a program when another starts: So basically, I downloaded Microsoft's PowerToys off GitHub which I guess is kinda still in development, so I could use the adaptation of MacOS's Spotlight they made. Unfortunately, since the program has some bugs, it interferes with some of my other stuff, mainly I get...
  5. Another Program is currently using this file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Another Program is currently using this file: I am getting the above error, but I cannot read the full message to figure out which program is causing it specifically. All I can read is: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Microsoft... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jim...
  6. Line In being used by another program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line In being used by another program: I just started to get a flag each time I now try to open a number of programs that use my sound card Line In ,USB. It says that Line In is being used by another program. as far as I can tell it is not ! My sound settings are correct. These programs have all worked...
  7. Can I use USB for LPT1?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I use USB for LPT1?: Hi. I have downloaded and installed my printer driver--but I think I chose the wrong port. How do I choose? Does my USB function as LPT1? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-usb-for/66770cd7-613e-400d-966a-1d0661547a68
  8. Another program is currently using this file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another program is currently using this file: I keep getting this message [ATTACH] It has only started appearing today. I don't have Skype and cannot find the directories mentioned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-program-is-currently-using-this-file/4c4f584a-cacb-4e28-ac0b-570d313656fc
  9. Another program is currently using this file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another program is currently using this file: I get this error message below regards a Dell Support app that loads at start up; in fact, get the pop up twice. If I run Dell's Support Assist from start menu, it runs fine. I don't see Dell Support in Start menu. Annoyingly I got similar message for different graphics app...
  10. "The CPU isn't supported" error true or not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "The CPU isn't supported" error true or not: I have gotten the app in my Windows 7 system. There was the warning/error "The CPU isn't supported", but still said "Your upgrade is reserved!" I assumed that the reservation would over-run the error. I thought: why would windows 10 accept the reservation, with having the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. LPT1 is in use by another program

2. The LPT1 device is used by another program.

3. vmware player lpt1 device is used by another program

4. LPT inuse by another program,
  5. LPT IS USED BY ANOTHER PROGRAM WM,
  6. vmware lpt used by another,
  7. vmware lpt1 in use by another program