Windows 10: The many bugs of W10

Discus and support The many bugs of W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated from Win8.1 to 10 the 29th of July. Live tiles used to update early on, but no longer do at all - correction: map and news live tiles do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jaakko, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Jaakko Win User

The many bugs of W10

I updated from Win8.1 to 10 the 29th of July.

• Live tiles used to update early on, but no longer do at all - correction: map and news live tiles do work, mail and weather (and app store) don't.
    • Mail doesn't notify
    • Mail doesn't sync
    • I try to set the Mail app to be the default app and the system thinks it is, yet the Live Mail application thinks it's the default application...
    • The font scaling thing
    • Solitaire often uses 24% (one thread 100%?) or so of processing power when I don't do a thing
    • Mahjong and Minesweeper failed to launch until reinstalled
    • Desktop icon texts only showed the black shadow not the white text - started working once I created another desktop, but stopped working if I returned to 1 desktop only and rebooted
    • Using Virtualbox disabled the internet cable connection (but not the wifi if I recall right) and had to be re-enabled manually...
    • The language system icon ("FIN") keeps coming back every boot even though I've tried to hide it
    • The Notification icon is sometimes white sometimes black regardless of notification content. Though since it's not really working any more...
    • Some translations are gone from the folder system (e.g. "Libraries" instead of the Finnish translation "Kirjastot" and so on).

I've sure I've met other bugs as well and certainly many lacking features, but maybe this rant is enough for now.

I am happy my mother is using XP since trying to help her through the rushed bug ridden mess would be painful for both of us.

:)

Jaakko, Aug 1, 2015
  2. JoeKoppel Win User

How do I get W10 to stop trying to install and get it out of my task tray?

I have seen many problems with W10 and have decided to not install it or at least wait a few months for the bugs to be worked out.

So how do I get W10 out of my task tray and how do I stop WUpdate from trying to install it?

JoeKoppel, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Azuch Win User
    Store Won't open in Windows 10

This is such **** Microsoft. You know how many times this store bug has hit computers I have with W10 over the past year? Usually reinstalling W10 keeping all personal files fixes it, but not on this particular laptop. Are you ever going to fix any
    of the problems with this joke OS??????????

Azuch, Aug 1, 2015
  4. The many bugs of W10

No software is bug free. If you think the current Windows 10 bugs are bad, you should go back to the release of Windows XP in 2001 and see all of the bugs and security issues it had.

Windows 10 is brand new, just give Microsoft time to deal with all the bugs.

LovingWindows, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Holydoc Win User
    Edge also seems to have a few bugs of its own:
    1) PDF files viewed in Edge cannot be zoomed in or out, or paged up or down.
    2) Favorites bar links cannot be sized like in IE11.

Holydoc, Aug 1, 2015
  6. mcquicker Win User
    WIN 10 is has many issues. Yesterday I uninstalled one program, and the whole start menu went out. For some reason, the installation of that particular app/program took out most of the tiles in the start menu. The programs themselves were unaffected, but it was a mess. After duplicating the issue several times and having to depend on my disk backup, I was able to avoid the problem by uninstalling the program in safe mode. After I uninstalled the program in safe mode, I returned to regular mode on Win 10 and everything worked fine.

I hope this issue/bug is dealt with quickly. One can't be wondering what will happen to the start menu every time a program is uninstalled.

Peter

mcquicker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The many bugs of W10

1. The many bugs of W10 - Similar Threads - many bugs W10

2. Many, many stopcode errors using new w10 install on a different pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many, many stopcode errors using new w10 install on a different pc: I had problems installing W10, oem dvd, on a clean drive for use in older pc. [MSI PC Mate Z97]. 2 different ssd's and an HDD's tried. Finally I used a newer desktop [BiostarA320 Ryzen 3 cpu] w working W10 to install on one of the ssd's as the C drive. The install appeared to...
  3. Many, many stopcode errors using new w10 install on a different pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many, many stopcode errors using new w10 install on a different pc: I had problems installing W10, oem dvd, on a clean drive for use in older pc. [MSI PC Mate Z97]. 2 different ssd's and an HDD's tried. Finally I used a newer desktop [BiostarA320 Ryzen 3 cpu] w working W10 to install on one of the ssd's as the C drive. The install appeared to...
  4. Many, many stopcode errors using new w10 install on a different pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 11 Bug Many Language Build 22499

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Bug Many Language Build 22499: Windows 11 Bug Many Language Build 22499 Windows 11 Bug Can't delete language Even though there are only 2 languages in using.in settings and the language cannot be switched at the ~ button in build 22499 after re-install windows...
  6. Many bugs on windows 10, How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Many bugs on windows 10, How to fix this?: [ATTACH][ATTACH]Windows 10 Have bugs, How to fix this? Is that a Display Driver Problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-bugs-on-windows-10-how-to-fix-this/6e258f93-d3d4-48f0-b639-6bdd99bcd6ca
  7. W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?: [ATTACH] Hi, We have enabled the SMBv1 feature in Windows 10 and it has been working as it should for the last couple of releases. But starting in v2004, when we start Explorer the window will eventually hang, and the network drive to the SMBv1-share is stuck...
  8. W10 1803 bug? Need assistance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 1803 bug? Need assistance: I posted my issue about this update last night and did more research and I think I found the problem. I reported that I'm having a boot up issue, and upon looking into the SrtTrail, at the bottom I get this... Root cause found: --------------------------- Boot critical...
  9. Is this a bug with W10 Pro and pausing updates ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this a bug with W10 Pro and pausing updates ?: I have noticed this behaviour a few times over the last few months... I run my system with updates paused which gives 35 days from the last update check until you either manually do an update check, or W10 does it for you. Fair enough I suppose. What happens though, is that...
  10. Yet another W10 sleep bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Yet another W10 sleep bug: My daughters HP laptop had sleep issues when W10 came out but one of the W10 updates fixed it. It recently started having sleep problems - One of the W10 updates most likely broke it again. (currently running 14393.479) I noticed that if you turn the laptop ON, don't...