Windows 10: The mapped network drive could not be created...

Discus and support The mapped network drive could not be created... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have 4 networked computers, 3 Windows 10 and an Ubuntu. After one of the last updates the only way I could get on my wife's computer was to use this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rboppy, Dec 14, 2017.

1. rboppy Win User

The mapped network drive could not be created...

We have 4 networked computers, 3 Windows 10 and an Ubuntu. After one of the last updates the only way I could get on my wife's computer was to use this format: \\JIMS-PC\Users\Suzy, when I used to browse to her computer through the Map Network Drive her drive didn't show up. Now when I attempt to go to her drive using that format I get this error:

The mapped network drive could not be created... [​IMG]

There is no problem getting on any of the other computers. And she can get on my computer. Any ideas?

:)

rboppy, Dec 14, 2017
  2. 888jay Win User

No Mapped Network Drive Letter Created In Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

I have the HOME edition so I probably can't help you with this. The networking features are different between the two. Maybe someone with PRO will chime in.

Best of luck!

p.s. - In spite of how it appears in File Explorer, have you tried accessing the drive letter from a command prompt?

888jay, Dec 14, 2017
  3. No Mapped Network Drive Letter Created In Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

I have several different Windows 10 PCs. So far I am running "Windows 10 Anniversary Edition" (AE) on only one.

On those PCs not running AE, when I map network drives I get a drive letter which can be directly addressed as, for example, "M:\". Standard Windows stuff that I've been doing for many years.

On the one PC that is running AE I can no longer address networked drives I've created by drive letter. The reason? I experimented and found that "Map Network Drive" now works the very same as "Add a Network Location". No drive letter is created.

Indeed, I did both these processes on the AE PC and the resulting connections both showed under "Networked locations".

This is a show stopper. We have many, many apps in our shop that point at networked drives.

Rodger Beard, Dec 14, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

If you have done an update it in effect a new PC with different credentials even if names are the same the Sid isn't. Trying to connect to a share that's in the user profile is hard as even as admin on the PC by default you have no access. Create a new share outside the profile see if that works

Samuria, Dec 14, 2017
  5. rboppy Win User
    I have no idea what you are suggesting, I don't know what a Sid is and I don't know how to create a new share outside the profile, I'm not even sure what a profile is, sorry*Sad

My last update was about a month ago, I've been able to access her computer since then. Her computer is waiting for the next update, she keeps stalling it. I don't access hers very often but I do check all my network connections after every update.

rboppy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The mapped network drive could not be created... - Similar Threads - mapped network drive

2. The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?: :..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2? What do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mapped-network-drive-could-not-be-created/a73634ee-8c44-4111-857c-b06038aadf17
  3. The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?: :..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2? What do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mapped-network-drive-could-not-be-created/a73634ee-8c44-4111-857c-b06038aadf17
  4. Network drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive mappings: I have a vintage NAS: Blackarmor 220. I have to use drive mappings to access files on the drive because Microsoft decided I couldn't use what used to work. Periodically, a new version of Windows 11 is installed and all of my drive mappings to my NAS stop working. Often, I can...
  5. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  6. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a network drive: I'm trying to connect to a webdav server via the "map network drive feature". I feel like i've had success in the past with entering https://192.168.1.45:5201<---- thats not a real link I can connect to it everywhere else... submitted by /u/rexlx [link] [comments]...
  7. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  8. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  9. Map Network Drive

Map Network Drive: What to do with the following error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network...
  10. Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives

Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives: I've mapped OneDrive to use it as a backup storage per instruction here, but I get the said error every time I reboot. So I wrote a simple batch script to remap automatically when I logon to Windows. Usage: MapOneDrive.cmd [Number of checks] "[IPv4 to ping]" "[Drive...