Windows 10: The most ridiculous Windows after WinME and Vista

Discus and support The most ridiculous Windows after WinME and Vista in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Who Agrees that this Windows is the worst upgrade since Windows 7? I can't stop facing issues with this Windows 10, it's another WinME or Vista.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KasperKyd, Oct 8, 2015.

1. KasperKyd Win User

The most ridiculous Windows after WinME and Vista

Who Agrees that this Windows is the worst upgrade since Windows 7?

I can't stop facing issues with this Windows 10, it's another WinME or Vista.

First of all I have one of those super freaky PCs which I even sold my shoes for it. But with Windows 10 it makes it act like a normal PC

1- Performance is -1/10 , not snappy, login takes time, unlocking takes time, and all what Microsoft Engineers can say is check your drivers. (We are not stupid to wait you for such a silly suggestion, better you go and fix your issues)

2- Multiple monitor wallpapers is not there anymore in GUI but you can reach it with a command!!!! Were you sleeping when you missed it? or taking your lunch!!

3- You set an option and sometimes it doesn't take effect till you restart, I just took off the option for my monitors not to sleep (Never), and they still sleep till I did a restart.

I can't remember all the issues, but all I can say that Microsoft it's time to take your customers more seriously, and it's time to change your ICDL engineers to make a better stable system. I swear if I don't play games and in need of Windows I would take it off long time.

:)

KasperKyd, Oct 8, 2015

2. Problem with Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3140768 on Notebook Dell Studio 1558 Corei7

WYSIWYG.

I'm afraid that doesn't necessarily mean the problem's on Microsoft's end.

Looking on the internet, you'll also find many people talking about mysterious problems with Win8.1, Win8, Win7, Vista, WinXP, WinME, Win98SE, Win98, iMacs, Android smarthphones, Samsung TVs, 1957 Pontiacs...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 8, 2015
  3. . Make sure you have good reception. If you do, the problem may be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again.

when i want to reinstall free app from www.windowsphone.com after downloading file from zune this error apear We're having a problem connecting to Winm www.windowsphone.com after downloading file from zune this error apear We're having a problem connecting
    to Windows Live. Make sure you have good reception. If you do, the problem may be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again.

ebrahimmomeni, Oct 8, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Not me. Windows 10 is by far the best OS I have ever used or seen.

Never tried ME but I had no issues with Vista. It was a good OS, ahead its time, served me well.

You cannot expect that a high end PC would work as a dream straight after you have installed Windows 10. You need to be active, find out about the hardware drivers and such.

If a hardware driver does not work or is not found is hardly Microsoft's fault. For instance, if your GPU requires specific drivers you need to get them from your GPU manufacturer.

Works like a charm. Just select a multiple display wallpaper from Settings > Personalization > Themes and that's it.

OK, fair point: of course the operating system sucks if you need to reboot for a change in settings to be applied.

*really

I can remember all the issues: too fast, too reliable, too damn good!

By the way, nobody forces you to use Windows. it's your choice; if you are not satisfied, why not buy a Mac or start using Linux?

Kari, Oct 8, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    There was nothing wrong with Windows 7 and there is nothing wrong with Windows 10. It is way better than 7 for gaming and you can't beat the price! Also no one forced you to install it.

Gary, Oct 8, 2015
  6. nt62 Win User
    Disagree, sorry. Using a Surface 3, the intel (cpu) atom x7-z8700 sells for $35.00 and
    has a power rating of 2 watts and boots in 20 seconds.

Login and unlocking are instantaneous,
    ... I run a 90" projector screen off this tablet, nice!
    Touch features are incredible.
    Internal videos are flawless. DVD's run beautifully from an external player.
    System is totally stable.

Perhaps others can help you.
    I am posting this on a Chromebook at a donut shop *Smile.
    My internet disconnected home PC is the Surface 3.

nt62, Oct 8, 2015
  7. KasperKyd Win User
    Of course Kari no one is forcing me and if you read what I wrote I need for my GAMES, and I understand that you won't agree since you're a Microsoft Community Contributor, but thanks anyway for your time LOL

Regarding Settings > Personalization > Themes, are you using Windows 10? please go and try to find it *Smile

KasperKyd, Oct 8, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

I post nothing because I am an MS Community Contributor. I have that badge because I am occasionally right in advising users *Wink.

I responded to your post as a fellow user, telling my point of view for your so called issues. I did not response as a Windows 10 fan or in any other role than a simple Windows 10 user.

Kari, Oct 8, 2015
  9. Kanata Win User
    Many people, including myself, installed W10 on a new system and it works almost perfectly, showing that it does have the capability of being a good OS. I suspect that many who have issues with W10 have done upgrades from previous versions which also may have had problems.

Kanata, Oct 8, 2015
  10. Kari Win User
    That is a good and valid point.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, especially those using highly customized high end machines need to remember that Windows works only as well as its installed devices; if your Super-Multi-Gamer's-Paradise-GPU is not working as you'd expect, you need to get the correct drivers for it. Microsoft is not nor could it ever be responsible for all third party hardware devices; it's up to hardware manufacturers to provide the correct drivers.

It's not company A's fault if the company B's hardware does not work.

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Not I. Just the opposite. Windows 10 has been the best Windows OS I have used and I started with MSDOS 5.x and was a beta tester for every version of Windows from Windows 95 through Windows 7. Windows 10 has even made a couple of my very low end netbook and laptop computers tolerable now.

I must disagree with your first point of installing on new systems. I think most people have probably installed Windows 10 on old systems, as I have done. And Windows 10 has brought life back into my old systems. But I do agree, I think a lot of problems have been upgrades over previous (possibly hidden) problems.

NavyLCDR, Oct 8, 2015
  12. Hey mate,

First I want to thank you for voicing your opinion, because if you hadn't, it is very likely the issues wouldn't get fixed!
    So if you encounter ANY issues, please PLEASE just post, and these guys will jump to help out. But for your current issues, let me give you a few tips that might get you going.

- These guys are absolutely right.. you HAVE to get the correct drivers to experience 10 as it was meant to be. Drivers will speed up your system, potentially fixing your other issue with login times! Not only that, but they are responsible for stability and more.
    - Quite a few people recommend a clean install after an upgrade, since it will start you off fresh. Some people don't need it.. but you're having issues, so you might consider giving it a shot (and drivers installed afterwards, of course): Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
    -any other problems, we can help!

DustSailor, Oct 8, 2015
  13. Kari Win User

A good post. Quite often a clean install can fix most of the issues, subject to the user also installing the correct drivers.

14. Gary Win User
    It is not nice to laugh at users here. There are plenty of themes for Win 10 even one that looks just like 7.

Look Here And Google can be your friend.

15. larc919 Win User
    10 certainly isn't the most stable version of Windows I've used (that position goes to 8.1 first and then XP), but I wouldn't rank it with the dogs ME and Vista. I expect 10 will improve, though, as 8.1 did over 8.0.

larc919, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

1. The most ridiculous Windows after WinME and Vista - Similar Threads - ridiculous WinME Vista

2. Windows Explorer is ridiculous

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer is ridiculous: Who can understand this mess of icons, many of them repeated, how in the world are you supposed to organize anything on this nightmare!What is the point to have Home and then you user folder and then Desktop, Documents Music, all the folders repeated like a million times...
  3. Windows Explorer is ridiculous

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer is ridiculous: Who can understand this mess of icons, many of them repeated, how in the world are you supposed to organize anything on this nightmare!What is the point to have Home and then you user folder and then Desktop, Documents Music, all the folders repeated like a million times...
  4. windows vista

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows vista: How do I get a confirmation ID for windows vista software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-vista/d855a175-1a3f-4744-83a9-63c6229f894e
  5. Absolute ridiculousness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolute ridiculousness: Hi! So, in the last month or two, my computer has been having extremely long periods of time on the 'Welcome' screen. I'm still using Windows 10, as my device was apparently 'not able to update' to 11.Anyways, the times on the 'Welcome' screen have consistently taken between...
  6. Absolute ridiculousness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Absolute ridiculousness: Hi! So, in the last month or two, my computer has been having extremely long periods of time on the 'Welcome' screen. I'm still using Windows 10, as my device was apparently 'not able to update' to 11.Anyways, the times on the 'Welcome' screen have consistently taken between...
  7. Absolute ridiculousness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. ridiculous cheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ridiculous cheating: Just saw someone finished a 20 game event in an absurd time of 4.2 seconds per game. Why does Microsoft allow these cheaters to play? When they see an absolute cheat they should remove their account. These same games took me an hour and 10 minutes and they finished all 20 in...
  9. Forced Windows updates - ridiculous

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Windows updates - ridiculous: Soooo... I would actually just like to start organizing a petition to either 1. Get our freedom of choice regarding updates back, or 2. Perhaps to get MS to start paying for people's hardware that their software updates render useless which I guess would grant us the 1st...
  10. Windows update ridiculousness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update ridiculousness: How after so many years has no employee at Microsoft managed to create a better experience regarding updates? Clearly your User Experience team don't understand UX. Waiting to hours for an update. Here's some advice: notify the user the estimated update time? It's not...