Windows 10: The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?)

Discus and support The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today i was just un-abling my Sticky keys THEN when i fixed it I got an old mouse pointer...Windows why have not you fixed this yet...The mouse pointer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Amir_FX, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Amir_FX Win User

The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?)

Today i was just un-abling my Sticky keys THEN when i fixed it I got an old mouse pointer...Windows why have not you fixed this yet...The mouse pointer does not look good Someone better reply to this and help me why....It feels like im in Windows XP now... and my Suface 3 keeps making beeping noises everytime i enter the Control panel to fix my mouse....And it does not work...I mean the mouse does not work...Yeah thats my problem....And thats it Someone reply and tell me how to get my Defult Windows 10 Mouse

Moved from: Surface 3 / Display and screen

:)

Amir_FX, Aug 22, 2018

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 22, 2018
  4. The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?)

Mouse pointer gone

Very concerning indeed. As a first step I would want to know how you are magnifying your mouse pointer. I assume you are going to Settings, Ease of Access, Mouse, and from there you are changing the pointer size.

I followed these steps and I was able to make my mouse pointer larger. So I know it works for some PCs. Just not yours.

Normally I suggest updated mouse drivers but in your case you already tried a different mouse so I would go in a different direction to troubleshoot your issue. First I would clean boot your PC. See if that step resolves your issue.

Clean boot your PC

How to perform a clean boot in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

The goal of this step is to see if some other software is running on your PC that conflicts with your mouse. If this step resolves the issue the goal is to try to find the software that is conflicting and disable it, remove it, or update it so it no longer
    conflicts. Don't forget to reverse the steps of the clean boot when you are done trying this step.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?)

1. The Mouse Pointer (THE OLD ONE?) - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointer OLD

2. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer: Hi there,My PC is fully up-to-date in regards to Windows 11 & mouse driver so it is not an issue related to things needing to be updated.I have never been able to change my pointer. When in mouse settings & selecting the pointer I am wanting it won't even change my actual...
  3. Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer: My mouse pointer is ok with all apps except one "poker stars". When I click on a poker stars table, the mouse pointer becomes extremely tiny.I tried everything in windows 10 home edition adjusted mouse size and color, size stays same except for poker stars.I contacted...
  4. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how to fix mouse pointer from flickering and now i have 2 pointers one is stationary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/6b82e164-fb1e-4a42-93f7-73f039ef15f2
  5. Mouse pointers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointers: I am running Windows 10 PRO and I'm using custom mouse pointers. I have saved the cursor scheme. Yet, every time I restart the computer, it goes back to the defaults. If I go to the Mouse Pointers tab, the scheme is selected and all I have to do is press "OKAY" to use the...
  6. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: I have a corrupted mouse cursor. I think so because it jumps and operates on its own. For example, it types 4-5 letters and runs to unknown place where types the rest of the word...
  7. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  8. mouse pointer

mouse pointer: how can i get the mouse pointer to snap to e.g. [OK] in a choice situation? or to YES or to NO etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/f788a716-5532-47c4-aa43-2bc394a641b4
  9. Mouse pointer

Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  10. Mouse Pointer

Mouse Pointer: How can I change my pointer so that it faces to the right instead of the left (I am left handed and it looks funny to me that way). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/36228905-7b27-49a2-9c69-1822dc34bd0d