Windows 10: The network path was not found error - usual fixes not working

Discus and support The network path was not found error - usual fixes not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Dev computer (Win 10 Pro) cannot get to any shares on my DBServer (Win 10 Pro) anymore. I have tried the usual (SMB installed, NetBIOS over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bradlymathews, Jun 28, 2017.

1. The network path was not found error - usual fixes not working

My Dev computer (Win 10 Pro) cannot get to any shares on my DBServer (Win 10 Pro) anymore.

I have tried the usual (SMB installed, NetBIOS over TCP/IP, typos in share, both on Private network, network discovery turned on, reset TCP/IP, disabling firewall and antivirus) and still I cannot get it working.

This started happening after moving to a new office with a new router (Comcast Cable, though the old office was also Comcast)

Here are the specific symptoms:

• DBServer can see and interact with all Dev shares just fine.
    • Dev can see DBServer in Network, but when I try to go into it to see its shares I get a 0x80070035, The network path was not found error
    • DBServer cannot even interact with its own shares - it can see its own shared folders in Network, but I get the same error if I try to enter a shared folder from Network.
    • Same thing if I make a brand new share.
    • I can get to my Postgres database from Dev's PgAdmin and via Access through ODBC just fine.
    • I can ping DBServer.

Anything else I can try other than wiping and reinstalling Windows?

:)

bradlymathews, Jun 28, 2017
  2. JohnP_873 Win User

Error 0x80070035 The Network Path Was Not Found

I've had this for some weeks now. Tried all sorts - NetBIOS over TCP/IP on/off, IPV6 enable/disable, changing workgroup, creating new Windows credentials etc etc ad nauseam.

This fixed it:Telling my AV software that the local network (my home LAN) is trusted.

Somehow when I first set up the LAN, Windows decided that my LAN was 'Public' and the firewall in my AV software (KIS) flagged it as public (ie untrusted). Changing the network type to Private in Windows didn't migrate to KIS, but actively telling the firewall
    in KIS that my LAN is trusted solved this 'unable to map drive' problem.

Hope that helps some people.

JohnP_873, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Error 0x80070035 The Network Path Was Not Found

Hi Jason,

Thank you for getting back to us. We are sorry that you are still facing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on Network and Sharing.

3. In the left navigation pane, click on change advanced sharing settings.

4. Click and expand Private.

5. If network discovery is off, under Network discovery, click
    Turn on network discovery, and then click save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Also, check if the issue persists in Safe Mode with Networking.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 28, 2017
  4. The network path was not found error - usual fixes not working

Lottiemansion, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Yes, I found that page and tried them all.

bradlymathews, Jun 29, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Jun 29, 2017
  7. Samuria,

Thanks for helping! Ok, all agree that the master browser is my new co-worker's computer, Chris-Work-Pc.

- Brad

8. Samuria Win User

The network path was not found error - usual fixes not working

When you look for a share windows doesnt look it asks the MB for details if the MB is not up to date it can give problems you can sometime force it by stop and starting browser service or pinging all othe rpc from MB to force an update

Samuria, Jun 29, 2017
  9. That sounded so good! But rebooting the MB did not fix it. *Sad Gotta head out, but back in the office on Monday to try again.

10. @Samuria

Back to debugging this. So I changed my Dev computer to be the MB (and verified with NetBIOS Scanner). I also re-pinged DBServer for good measure and I am still unable to connect. All other computers on the network ask for credentials when I attempt to connect to them, but DBServer just hangs and then returns the network path not found error. DBServer can still see all of the network resources without problems.

Any other recommendations for debugging this? Thanks for your help!

bradlymathews, Jul 6, 2017
  11. Ok, I feel stupid,
    I still had "Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections" set on my Dev computer. Changing to "Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers" fixed it. (this in Control Panel...Network and Sharing Center...Advanced sharing settings for those who need to know where to change the setting)
    I had changed this setting on the DBServer, but that was the wrong side of the communication line and hence the forehead slapping.
    I think the reason this became a problem when moving to the new network is that one of the laptops here is a homegroup "server" and there were no homegroups on my last network.

bradlymathews, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

The network path was not found error - usual fixes not working

1. The network path was not found error - usual fixes not working - Similar Threads - network path was

2. Network path not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network path not found: I have a windows 11 pc where it can access all the shared folders from other computers but how ever if I try to access said pc shared folders then nope I get that dread network path not found ****. I have done EVERYTHING that was told to do and it still won't doit. I have...
  3. Network path not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network path not found: I have a windows 11 pc where it can access all the shared folders from other computers but how ever if I try to access said pc shared folders then nope I get that dread network path not found ****. I have done EVERYTHING that was told to do and it still won't doit. I have...
  4. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  5. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  6. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. network path not found

network path not found: error code 0x80070035 path not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-path-not-found/8ebdc367-89ab-495a-816e-6321d6df8b0a
  8. Error 08x80070035 The network path was not found

Error 08x80070035 The network path was not found: Hello all, "Error 08x80070035 The network path was not found" is a familiar error and I have seen many helpful ideas to solve the problem but my problem is a little different. Every time I try access am open/save dialog box in certain software (some are recent installs) I...
  9. Network path not found. Error 80070035

Network path not found. Error 80070035: I am trying to set up a new laptop (Windows 10, Home, 64-bit). I am unable to get the new machine to access my NAS drive by name. If I try to run \\Homestore, I get the message "Windows cannot access \\Homestore" and details show an error code of 80070035. If I replace...
  10. Error 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found

Error 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found: Hello, We have a small peer to peer LAN (5 systems) in our office, and all systems are Windows 10. If we try to open shared resources that are on System 1, while working on System 2, we often get Error 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found. But we just noticed something odd...