Windows 10: The New Onedrive UWP App now available for PC's

Discus and support The New Onedrive UWP App now available for PC's in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re continually working on making the OneDrive experience on Windows 10 even better. Today, we’re releasing an update that brings the OneDrive app to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by paulsalter, May 16, 2016.

1. The New Onedrive UWP App now available for PC's

Source: Try the OneDrive app for Windows 10 on your PC to access all your files - Office Blogs

:)

paulsalter, May 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 Build 1607 removed DRM support

MarcoGrams, May 16, 2016
  3. nzmike Win User
    Windows 10 - Maps with VIA points

Hi Analy,

This is great news - I hope.

One question: is this also supported by the UWP/Maps API? i.e: Can I now pass in multiple waypoints in a URI to the Maps app and actually be able to drive that entire route? Or can we only add adding multiple waypoints manually in the Maps app itself?

And can routes be saved so I can use them on other devices? Ideally what I'd like to be able to do is pre-plan a route in Maps using my surface pro or desktop then have that map available on my phone when I get on my bike or in the car. At present my custom
    UWP app saves routes (in simple text files) up to OneDrive and then I download them in the app on my phone when I'm ready to drive - can Maps now do this for me? If not, can you please pass this request onto the Maps development team?

I'll obviously have to have a play around with the new Maps app and the API to see if my questions are resolved but it is good to hear that MS has finally listened to us and implemented this.

nzmike, May 16, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

The New Onedrive UWP App now available for PC's

Ok, installed and it works. *Smile
    It automatically signed me to Skype. This wasn't my wish *Sad

Will see over next few days if it's worth it.

AndreTen, May 16, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Can somebody correct me if I am wrong, but you can upload files ok but cannot (az far as I can tell) download a file unless it has an associated app.

Give a file an extension not used e.g. .QJX and it will upload ok, but will not download as no app for it.

Seems a serious shortcoming to me?

cereberus, May 16, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Click to select button and then pick download.

AndreTen, May 16, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    You know, this may be similar to what the next major version of File Explorer in its UWP iteration may look like.

swarfega, May 16, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

I certainly hope not!

AndreTen, May 17, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Thanks - I missed that!

cereberus, May 17, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    You're welcome *Smile It is more like web version, or tablet...

AndreTen, May 17, 2016
  11. I quite like this when on my tablet, nice easy way to get at all files without downloading

On Laptop, not a fan, File Explorer is so much nicer, just needs placeholders added back *Wink

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The New Onedrive UWP App now available for PC's - Similar Threads - Onedrive UWP App

2. The new Windows 365 App is now available

in Windows 10 News
    The new Windows 365 App is now available: When Microsoft launched the March 2023 Preview update for Windows 11 yesterday, it included the second feature drop for the operating system in the update. [ATTACH] Source: Microsoft Closer inspection of the included features reveals that Microsoft updated several apps and...
  3. Add to OneDrive is now generally available

in Windows 10 News
    Add to OneDrive is now generally available: Files are the building blocks of our work— helping us collaborate with others to construct the end results. Research documents, data spreadsheets, sales reports, presentations, product videos and other content-rich files are the components that hold up our final...
  4. OneDrive family and group sharing now available

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive family and group sharing now available: We have all been adjusting to the new ways we stay in touch, share, teach, and learn. As many of us have made the shift to working and learning from home, we’re relying more than ever on digital sharing and collaboration. Now, Microsoft OneDrive is introducing a...
  5. New Xbox App (Beta) on Mobile now available on Android

in Windows 10 News
    New Xbox App (Beta) on Mobile now available on Android: Last month Chris Novak, Head of Xbox Research and Design, shared our vision of a unified Xbox experience across devices that puts gamers at the center, enabling them to stay connected to their games, friends and communities, which will come to fruition with the release of...
  6. New Office app for Windows 10 Now Available to Everyone

in Windows 10 News
    New Office app for Windows 10 Now Available to Everyone: Starting today, Windows 10 users have a great new way to get started with Office and jump into their work quickly – a new app simply called, Office. [ATTACH] The Office app provides users with a simple experience that helps them get to what they need quickly – whether...
  7. Windows 3.0 File Manager now available as UWP app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 3.0 File Manager now available as UWP app for Windows 10: Window File Manager reborn. Project is maintained on GitHub - Microsoft/winfile: Original Windows File Manager (winfile) with enhancements. Available for: Xbox One, Windows 10 version 16299.0 or higher, Windows 10 version 16299.0 or higher Download at: Windows File Manager...
  8. New OneDrive iOS App Updates Available

in Windows 10 News
    New OneDrive iOS App Updates Available: Today we updated our iOS app to improve the OneDrive experience on your iPhone or iPad. We added some features based on customer requests and others to take advantage of new technologies in iOS 8. We’re working hard to help you do more while on the go—today we updated our iOS...
  9. Lumia Imaging SDK 3.0 now available with UWP support

in Windows 10 News
    Lumia Imaging SDK 3.0 now available with UWP support: Lumia Imaging SDK, a popular toolset that Microsoft also internally uses to implement some of its imaging apps, has been updated to version 3.0. Previous versions of the SDK have already powered applications with a total of over 100 million downloads and now has support for...
  10. OneDrive is Now Available Worldwide

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive is Now Available Worldwide: Today February 19th we are thrilled to announce the global availability of OneDrive. For our existing SkyDrive customers, you are all set; your files are ready in the new OneDrive experience. All you have to do is head over to www.OneDrive.com and log in. For those of you...