Windows 10: The newest tactic cybercriminals are using to deliver ransomware

Discus and support The newest tactic cybercriminals are using to deliver ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Email remains very much the main delivery method of ransomware but over the last three months there's been a shift in tactics, with cybersecurity... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

The newest tactic cybercriminals are using to deliver ransomware

This is the newest tactic cybercriminals are using to deliver ransomware | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Oct 13, 2016
  2. Monkey57 Win User

How crypto ransomware spreads... is it decryptable...should I pay the ransom

"The global fight against ransomware continues to gather pace with over 30 new partners from both the public and private sector joining the No More Ransom project. Bitdefender, Emsisoft, Check Point and Trend Micro join the project as new associate partners."

WWPI – Covering the best in IT since 1980 » Blog Archive » Kaspersky-backed No More Ransom adds partners, decryption tools; available in more languages

The No More Ransom Project

"The general advice is not to pay the ransom. By sending your money to cybercriminals you’ll only confirm that ransomware works, and there’s no guarantee you’ll get the decryption key you need in return."

Monkey57, Oct 13, 2016
  3. quietman7 - MVP, Oct 13, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Ugh.....it will never end.......*Mad

simrick, Oct 13, 2016
  5. WSH - I've never even heard of that file extension. Thanks for info will update. (hope 365 clocks these)

Scott Millar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The newest tactic cybercriminals are using to deliver ransomware - Similar Threads - newest tactic cybercriminals

2. deceitful tactics

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deceitful tactics: How come when you sign up for an account all the included documentation never mentions a need for your phone number, and assures you your information is guarded, however after a few day the account becomes mysteriously compromised and they must have my phone number or i cant...
  3. error connect Gears Tactic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error connect Gears Tactic: Hello,I wanted to reconnect to my microsoft account to play your game on Steam.the microsoft window asks me for my number , and then an email address, an email address again. suddenly I made a mistake when adding my mailbox. instead of putting *** Email address is removed for...
  4. The message could not be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver the message, the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The message could not be delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver the message, the...: Impossibile ricapitolare il messaggio. Nonostante i ripetuti tentativi di recapitare il messaggio, la query nel DNS Domain Name System per le informazioni sulla posizione del dominio del destinatario non è riuscita. Perché?...
  5. cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair: smartredirect.de of adgoal.de infested my computer in 100s of files, making it almost unusable on internet. I found this by searching for redirect.de using FileLocator. I added NO REDIRECT to Firefox and adgoal.de with numbers to HOSTS in Win10. Then clear cache, history....
  6. Unable to install Gears Tactics

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install Gears Tactics: I preordered Gears Tactics before its release, however I have been unable to install the game at all. No error code has been shown. All that happens is that I am shown that an update for the game is available and that a rotating circle of doom ensues once I try to install it....
  7. Email not delivering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email not delivering: Good day, As of recently, I have received a bounce-back message from my one Gmail account to an email address I use quite often. I have no idea what it might be, and am not at all technically evolved. See below screenshot. Thank you, [ATTACH]...
  8. Another Microsoft strong arm tactic

in Browsers and Email
    Another Microsoft strong arm tactic: I received an email from Microsoft regarding my Windows Live Mail 2012............................... Dear user, In a few weeks, we will be making some changes to our email services that might impact your @outlook.com, @hotmail, @live, or @msn email account. Those...
  9. Lenovo used shady 'rootkit' tactic to quietly reinstall unwanted...

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo used shady 'rootkit' tactic to quietly reinstall unwanted...: Lenovo has been caught using a technique, often used by some malware to withstand being deleted, to reinstall unwanted software on the computers it sells. As reported on a number of forums and news-sharing sites, some users have accused the computer maker of overwriting...
  10. Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview: Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Developer Preview Release With Social Engineering We’re seeing schemes that are taking advantage of the buzz around the upcoming developer preview release of Windows™ 9 this September. One of the threats we saw was found using...