Windows 10: The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0)

Discus and support The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a FIVE tasks scheduled to run daily. They worked correctly on Windows 8.1. When I converted to Windows 10, they do not work. I get the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BobKadis, Aug 21, 2016.

1. BobKadis Win User

The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0)

I have a FIVE tasks scheduled to run daily. They worked correctly on Windows 8.1. When I converted to Windows 10, they do not work. I get the error message "The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0)".

Why won't they work with Windows 10?

:)

BobKadis, Aug 21, 2016
  2. zapd Win User

SilentCleanup (0x800710E0)

SilentCleanup The operator or administrator has refused the request.(0x800710E0)

Do I need to worry about this? Can it be fixed? I have tried a lot of things no luck.

3. bru20 Win User
    Automatic Update broke Windows Defender

On one computer the scheduled scan has not run in three days. I created the task the same on all of my computers but this one is failing with the message "The operator or administrator has refused the request. (0x800710E0)".

Any ideas why this one is not working while the others are?

bru20, Aug 21, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

You probably will need to recreate the tasks. Upgrading to Windows 10 probably messed up the permissions for those tasks.

Upgrading is not the best way to install a new OS, because some programs and permissions, do not transfer correctly.

wyldman68, Aug 21, 2016
  5. BobKadis Win User
    I'll try that and get back to you. Thanks for the suggestion!

BobKadis, Aug 22, 2016
  6. BobKadis Win User
    I re-entered the tasks and they did not work. Can you suggest something else?

BobKadis, Aug 22, 2016
  7. The previous task instance may not have terminated for some reason. This setting may solve it:

- Task Settings
    - If the task is already running then the following rule applies
    - Stop the existing instance

REvandenBerg, Mar 7, 2017
  8. BobKadis Win User

I don't allow my laptop to go to sleep. Now, all my tasks run.

BobKadis, Mar 7, 2017
  9. My PC sleeps at night. At midnight a mirror-task mirrors my user folders to a NAS. "your" problem also occurred on my PC, but was solved as explained.

REvandenBerg, Mar 8, 2017
  10. BobKadis Win User
    I changed the the laptop power settings to sleep after 10 minutes, and then I tried your task changes, and all my tasks failed. I'm staying with NEVER sleeping power settings. Thank you for your suggestion.

BobKadis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The operator or administrator has refused the request (0x800710E0) - Similar Threads - operator administrator has

2. The requested operation requires evaluation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The requested operation requires evaluation: I’m trying to download adobe photoshop on my dads old surface 6 which is now mine been completely wiped…but i need to verify something for it to download and i have face id and pin and it keeps coming up with the same message again and again. I’m the only account logged in...
  3. This requested operation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This requested operation requires elevation: I’m trying to start fallout on my Pc the Xbox version when all of a sudden it just says this requested operation requires elevate if anyone knows how to fix it lmk asap I’ve done properties and command prompts but it’s still not working so if anyone knows yk lmk...
  4. The operator or administrator has refused the request. How to FIX Error 0x800710E0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The operator or administrator has refused the request. How to FIX Error 0x800710E0: I am repeatedly getting this error in Windows 10 laptop and my 3 separate tasks are not starting and getting error link this every day. It work for 1 or 2 day then start giving errors. How to resolve this error. I need a proper solution for this. please give....
  5. The operator or administrator has refused the request. How to FIX Error 0x800710E0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The operator or administrator has refused the request. How to FIX Error 0x800710E0: I am repeatedly getting this error in Windows 10 laptop and my 3 separate tasks are not starting and getting error link this every day. It work for 1 or 2 day then start giving errors. How to resolve this error. I need a proper solution for this. please give....
  6. The operator or administrator has refused the request. How to FIX Error 0x800710E0

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. The requested operation requires elevation run as administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The requested operation requires elevation run as administrator: So my whole problem kind of originates with trying to play Forza Horizon 4 on PC, currently I have tried most "solutions" to solve the issue that won't let my play online with Horizon 4, I've changed my DNS, played around with settings regarding the Teredo Adapter and just...
  8. windows defender is refusing to operate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender is refusing to operate: My windows defender is refusing to function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-refusing-to-operate/91a89690-dd1e-45d3-87a6-1135ab47d207
  9. "The requested operation requires elevation."

"The requested operation requires elevation.": Tried making the ASUS AURA app to open upon startup however, I get the error message: "The requested operation requires elevation". Any help is greatly appreciated....
  10. THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION

THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION: Iam unable to run .exe files I am getting THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-requested-operation-requires-elevation/421d26f6-05eb-4d10-9ed2-4e64a6761584

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the operator or administrator has refused the request

2. the operator or administrator has refused

3. the operator or administrator has refused the request 0x800710e0 is because another instance is running ?

4. task scheduler error 0x800710e0 windows 10,
  5. the operator or admin has refused the request,
  6. the operator or administrator refused,
  7. operator or administrator refused the request,
  8. win 10 task scheduler the operator has refused the request,
  9. The Operator or Administrator has refused the request. (0x800710E0),
  10. the operator or admin has refused the request 0x800710e0,
  11. the operator or administrator has refused the request performance monito,
  12. the operator or administrator has refused the request windows 8.1,
  13. the operator or administrator has refused the request perormance collector,
  14. monthly tasks showing operator or administrator refused request,
  15. ator or administrator has refused