Windows 10: The "organization" strikes back.

Discus and support The "organization" strikes back. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! Another issue I found after Creators Update: Both in Settings>Privacy>Position and Settings>Security&Update>Windows Update appeared once again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoeMcLutz, Apr 12, 2017.

1. JoeMcLutz Win User

The "organization" strikes back.

Hi!
    Another issue I found after Creators Update:
    Both in Settings>Privacy>Position and Settings>Security&Update>Windows Update appeared once again the red message: "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization".

I did not find a solution yet. Is it happening to you too? Any hint? Thanks.

Joe

:)

JoeMcLutz, Apr 12, 2017

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Apr 12, 2017
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Apr 12, 2017
  4. The "organization" strikes back.

alphanumeric, Apr 12, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    They were meant to have fixed that in a recent insider build. What build are you on?

swarfega, Apr 12, 2017
  6. Mine is Windows 10 Education 1703 build 15063.138.

7. Bree New Member
    Translated from Italian? On my English install of Windows 10 Home, version 1703, build 15063.138 (it was upgraded to Creators Update using media made by the MCT) those would seem to be called:
    Settings>Privacy>Location
    Settings> Update & security>Windows Update

Neither of them show the '....managed by your organisation' message (or anywhere else I've looked, come to that).

8. Feramor Win User

Same here.2 days ago I contacted with Microsoft live support.They remote control over my computer and couldn't fix it.
    Settings > Personalization
    Currently, Spotlight on Lock Screen is missing
    "Get fun facts, tips ....." switch is grayed out under Lock Screen Settings
    "Occasionally show suggestion in Start " switch is grayed out under Start Settings
    Settings > System > Notifications & Actions
    "Get tips, tricks ...." switch is grayed out.
    "Show me the Windows welcome ....." switch is grayed out.

Feramor, Apr 12, 2017
  9. swarfega Win User
    I believe you'll find that gone in the Creator's Update.

swarfega, Apr 12, 2017
  10. JoeMcLutz Win User
    Hi!
    I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 1703 (build 15063.138).

JoeMcLutz, Apr 12, 2017
  11. JoeMcLutz Win User
    Yes. Sorry about that.

JoeMcLutz, Apr 12, 2017
  12. JoeMcLutz Win User
    Unfortunately not: that *came* with Creators Update. *Sad

JoeMcLutz, Apr 12, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

I've still got Spotlight there (and it's working)
    Don't have that one when Spotlight is selected. It's there and working with Picture selected.
    Not for me.
    Mine isn't.
    Nor that. My system is running Windows 10 Home, the Creators Update, version 1703, build 15063.138

If you also see the red '...some settings are managed by your organisation' message too, then these were disabled in the registry. If you are running Pro you could try opening Gpedit and setting any relevant policies to 'not configured'.

14. JoeMcLutz Win User
    In gpedit >Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Windows Update I enabled months ago "Configure Automatic Updates" with option 2... If i switch back to "not configured" maybe the "organization" will go away but I'll lose the *extremely useful* feature.

JoeMcLutz, Apr 12, 2017
  15. *Ditto This happened after updating to the CU.

Thema:

1. The "organization" strikes back. - Similar Threads - organization strikes

2. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  3. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  4. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "Some settings are managed by your organization" Found out how to fix this issue, but in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Some settings are managed by your organization" Found out how to fix this issue, but in...: I'd like some help on how to remove/fix the organization settings. I've already went into the gpedit,msc and confirmed that those options are not configured. I've also already gone to command and made sure the group policy problems were updated on the PC. Still no dice, can...
  6. "Some settings are managed by your organization" Found out how to fix this issue, but in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Some settings are managed by your organization" Found out how to fix this issue, but in...: I'd like some help on how to remove/fix the organization settings. I've already went into the gpedit,msc and confirmed that those options are not configured. I've also already gone to command and made sure the group policy problems were updated on the PC. Still no dice, can...
  7. "Some settings are managed by your organization" Found out how to fix this issue, but in...

8. set login timeout for organization

set login timeout for organization: set login timeout for organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-login-timeout-for-organization/95438f0a-f156-4458-a782-6ed7e582e7aa
  9. set login timeout for organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set login timeout for organization: set login timeout for organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-login-timeout-for-organization/95438f0a-f156-4458-a782-6ed7e582e7aa
  10. How can i connect to Organization;s Activation Service to enable me to activate my window...

How can i connect to Organization;s Activation Service to enable me to activate my window...: How can i connect to Organization;s Activation Service to enable me to activate my window 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-connect-to-organizations-activation/25d6297f-afdb-4ffe-8e62-fd0e39d90474