Windows 10: The password is incorrect

Discus and support The password is incorrect in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ok so i jsut dod the netplwiz thing on my mum's computer and now i can't log in at all - gives the error as OP or this one: "the password is incorrect.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by awiklendt, Jan 24, 2016.

1. awiklendt Win User

The password is incorrect

Ok so i jsut dod the netplwiz thing on my mum's computer and now i can't log in at all - gives the error as OP or this one: "the password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your microsoft account " with a link to reset. Will resetting oassword through that link work? Is there anybother work around? What a complete mess microsoft!!

:)

awiklendt, Jan 24, 2016

2. Need help please I cannot sign on to my computer since I upgraded to windows 10

Need help please I cannot sign on to my computer since I upgraded to windows 10

Incorrect password, Jan 24, 2016
  3. "PASSWORD IS INCORRECT" on entering the password when trying to recover from system image on Windows 10.

Original Title: Administrator account password

Hi

I am having problems (understatement of the millennium) with windows 10 and have been trying to recover from a system image on my hard drive. I am the only user of the PC and am set as administrator but when I attempt to recover I am prompted for the administrator
    password, when I enter the admin password "PASSWORD IS INCORRECT". I have tried resetting my Microsoft account password and get the same "PASSWORD IS INCORRECT" despite using that very password to log into this page. Help please.

PISSEDOFFWITHWINDOWS10DaveMorris, Jan 24, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello awiklendt, *Smile

That error means that you just entered your password incorrectly in netplwiz.

You should be able to click on OK in the error message, then sign in with your correct password. After you are signed in, go back to netplwiz, and start over entering your correct password to stop this.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Jan 24, 2016
  5. awiklendt Win User
    Thanks for your speedy reply Brink. But that's just it- I've tried a dozen times to login with the correct password and it just won't accept it.

Something else i noticed is on the first reboot it gave me the option of three different logins: mum's, mum's with an email address, and one called "local". Trying to log in to any one of these with the correct password gave an error.

On subsequent reboots, there is only the account for mum with an email address (which is the one she was using). It still does not accept the correct password.

Why would netplwiz even accept an incorrect password? I though it was confirmation to turn off password requirement, but i guess it is confirmation of which password to use in order to bypass the login screen? No way i could have got that wrong twice (and even: not twice the same way!).

awiklendt, Jan 24, 2016
  6. awiklendt Win User
    SON-OF-A... never mind. It turns out i did in fact use the wrong password. All good now and working as expected.

What use on earth is a wrong password being accepted in netplwiz????

awiklendt, Jan 25, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    There's no way for netplwiz to verify your password that's on your MS account.

BunnyJ, Jan 25, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted awiklendt. *Party

Netplwiz is independent, and only uses the password you enter whether it's correct or not. This was done by design so that no one could use it as a method to eventually figure out someone's password.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The password is incorrect - Similar Threads - password incorrect

2. Incorrect Password after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Password after Factory Reset: Issue: I factory reset my windows 10 computer, after the reset it prompt me to the log-in user page but when I inserted my password it would give me this issue: User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.I tried: Resetting multiple...
  3. Incorrect Password after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect Password after Factory Reset: Issue: I factory reset my windows 10 computer, after the reset it prompt me to the log-in user page but when I inserted my password it would give me this issue: User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.I tried: Resetting multiple...
  4. Incorrect Password after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. error message: Oops, something went wrong Someone has entered an incorrect password for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message: Oops, something went wrong Someone has entered an incorrect password for...: I am trying to login into my newly built PC. I am typing the right password and this is what I am getting when doing so. Also the recovery email isn't even my email. Any suggestions?...
  6. error message: Oops, something went wrong Someone has entered an incorrect password for...

error message: Oops, something went wrong Someone has entered an incorrect password for...: I am trying to login into my newly built PC. I am typing the right password and this is what I am getting when doing so. Also the recovery email isn't even my email. Any suggestions?...
  7. Unable to access Pc windows 10- password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Pc windows 10- password incorrect: Can't log into PC. Windows 10Changed password on Microsoft website via phone and also via "I forgot password" on pc log in screen.Both changed successfully, but when trying to log into computer, says password is incorrect.Tried activating hidden administrator account, but...
  8. Unable to access Pc windows 10- password incorrect

Unable to access Pc windows 10- password incorrect: Can't log into PC. Windows 10Changed password on Microsoft website via phone and also via "I forgot password" on pc log in screen.Both changed successfully, but when trying to log into computer, says password is incorrect.Tried activating hidden administrator account, but...
  9. Unable to access Pc windows 10- password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 says password is incorrect it isn’t: Hello,Since last evenimg, whenever I start my pc it goes into the automatic repair mode it doesn’t go into windows even if I turn safe mode on. Every option except for start-up repair and start-up settings which don’t do anything ask me to log in my microsoft account....