Windows 10: The password reset disk windows 10 wizard is not responding

Discus and support The password reset disk windows 10 wizard is not responding in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to create a password reset disk for a Widows 10 Home (64 bit) system version 10.0.17134. I am using a local account with admin privileges.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnRandle37922, Aug 21, 2018.

1. The password reset disk windows 10 wizard is not responding

I am trying to create a password reset disk for a Widows 10 Home (64 bit) system version 10.0.17134.

I am using a local account with admin privileges.

Under Control Panel -> User Accounts I have an option to "Create Password Reset Disk", but when I click on it nothing happens (i.e. the wizard does not start).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

--

John

:)

JohnRandle37922, Aug 21, 2018

2. Unable to create a reset passowrd wizard disk.

Hi,

This issue may arise due to the corruptions in the USB drive and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to use a different USB drive and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Also follow the below steps to create a password reset disk:

Please be informed that password reset disks apply to local user accounts. If your Windows 10 user account is connected to your Microsoft account, then you can follow the steps outlined here by Microsoft to begin the password
    reset process:
    https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Now please refer to the below steps to create a Password recovery disk applicable for Local accounts.

• Log in to your computer under the user account for which you wish to create a password reset disk. Once logged in, connect your USB flash drive to one of your computer’s USB ports.
    • Open the Start menu and type control panel
      into the search. Open the Control Panel by clicking it in the list of search results.
    • In the Control Panel, ensure the View by drop-down at the upper right is set to
      Category. Then click the User Accounts
      link. On the screen that follows, click the User Accounts
      link once more. Doing so will take you to your user account settings.
    • On the left side of the screen, click the link to Create a password reset disk. The password reset disk wizard will open in a new window.
    • In the first screen that opens, click the Next button. In the subsequent screen, select the USB flash drive that you connected to your computer earlier.
    • You’ll be asked to enter your password on the following screen; do so, then click the
      Next button. The wizard will now create your password reset disk.
    • Ensure you keep your password reset disk in a safe place, as anyone with access to your computer can use it to reset the password for that user account.
    Hope the information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Password Reset Wizard

Hi! I'm having trouble with my Password Reset Wizard. I used Windows 7 Professional laptop to download my reset disk on a USB drive to use on my Windows 10 laptop and I didn't use my original Administrator because it wouldn't work so I created a new administrator
    and it worked! However when I try to use this Password Reset Wizard I can get passed the second step but then a message says "An error occurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password for this user account". What do I do? And yes I forgot my password
    to my windows 10 laptop.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MakotoShizuka, Aug 21, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

The password reset disk windows 10 wizard is not responding

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

The password reset disk windows 10 wizard is not responding

1. The password reset disk windows 10 wizard is not responding - Similar Threads - password reset disk

2. Help! Error on password reset wizard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Error on password reset wizard: I used my win10 laptop to create a disk for my win7 laptop literally forgot password and this error is showing help!Image was failing to upload so I wroteDisk error. XThe wizard was unable to read this disk Ok...
  3. Help! Error on password reset wizard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Error on password reset wizard: I used my win10 laptop to create a disk for my win7 laptop literally forgot password and this error is showing help!Image was failing to upload so I wroteDisk error. XThe wizard was unable to read this disk Ok...
  4. Create Password Reset Disk link does not respond

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Password Reset Disk link does not respond: In trying to follow the instructions for creating a Password Reset Disk, when I click on that option under User Accounts, nothing happens. Any advice appreciated, thanks!The panel I am looking at when I try to perform this operation can be seen here....
  5. Password Reset Disk Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Reset Disk Windows 10: In attempting to create a password reset disk I at first couldn't find the program to run. I resolved that by searching for "password" in the control panel. Now it's telling me that I am entering the wrong password for the user account that I just signed in with and signed...
  6. Password reset wizard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset wizard: I have read "Create Windows 10 password reset disk" discussions from the last 3 years. All point to schemes to get the wizard to respond. None do. Control Panel > User Accounts > Create a password reset disk doesn't do anything At that moment, searching task manager...
  7. Password Reset Wizard "An error ocurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password Reset Wizard "An error ocurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password...: I dont know why this occurs when i tried to change my password, i made a new local account to create a reset disk. I then tried to use it on my locked administrator account (my main account), however the message "An error ocurred while the wizard was attempting to set the...
  8. PASSWORD RESET WIZARD WILL NOT LAUNCH

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PASSWORD RESET WIZARD WILL NOT LAUNCH: I don't care if this is a repeat question. Most of ya'll can't answer a question without first reading the issue. Can't log into my my desktop but computer says my password is incorrect however my PASSWORD IS CORRECT PASSWORD IS CORRECT (I did that twice because most ya'll...
  9. windows password reset disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows password reset disk: i have a older dell with windows xp i forgot my password to login into my administrator account, and i only have that one account. i did some research and online and read up on the password reset wizard method to reset your password. as you would know you have to download the...
  10. Wizard reset is not their

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wizard reset is not their: I have forgotten my password on my other computer i check this one for it its not their what should i do i need help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wizard-reset-is-not-their/2d798ae6-7595-4f79-b024-203b40f0f961

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc password reset wizard is crashing