Windows 10: The prosecution and penalty for the transfer of an OEM license.

Discus and support The prosecution and penalty for the transfer of an OEM license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On the Internet, I have seen cases of transfer of OEM licenses after motherboard change. Assuming an OEM user has successfully transferred the license... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matthew Wai, Aug 23, 2018.

1. The prosecution and penalty for the transfer of an OEM license.

On the Internet, I have seen cases of transfer of OEM licenses after motherboard change.
    Assuming an OEM user has successfully transferred the license via Activation Troubleshooter, is it possible for Microsoft to prosecute them in the future? Does the OEM license agreement mention a relevant penalty?

:)

Matthew Wai, Aug 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

• Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    • What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    • Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    • What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    • What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    • What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Transferring OEM licenses between PC's

OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

That means, the computer with the OEM license has not transfer rights.

Resources:

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

Andre Da Costa, Aug 23, 2018
  4. John Ado Win User

The prosecution and penalty for the transfer of an OEM license.

Windows 10 Pro Retail or OEM or Volume License

Hi Raju,

This is an interesting topic. If the last three letters of your Product ID ends with
    OEM, then your license was issued by manufacturer. These type of licenses cannot be transferred to another computer because it is tied up with the device itself. Otherwise, if it doesn't end with OEM, your copy of Windows is from a retail merchant.
    These licenses can be transferred to another computer. Unless your device was issued by your company, or from an organization, then it could have been activated under Volume licensing.

To be sure, check the type of license you that you have by following these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type slmgr -dli and press Enter.
    • It will show you a pop up box telling you what type of license you are using.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

John Ado, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

The prosecution and penalty for the transfer of an OEM license.

1. The prosecution and penalty for the transfer of an OEM license. - Similar Threads - prosecution penalty transfer

2. How to transfer OEM license to new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer OEM license to new SSD: Hello there,I have a laptop with pre-Installed Windows 10 Home edition. Now I have to replace my laptop hard drive. Because it's bad health and slowness. The question is, if I replace my HDD with new SSD Windows 10 digital license will canceled or can I transfer the digital...
  3. How to transfer OEM license to new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer OEM license to new SSD: Hello there,I have a laptop with pre-Installed Windows 10 Home edition. Now I have to replace my laptop hard drive. Because it's bad health and slowness. The question is, if I replace my HDD with new SSD Windows 10 digital license will canceled or can I transfer the digital...
  4. How to transfer OEM license to new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. OEM Win 10 license transfer

OEM Win 10 license transfer: Hello. 3 years ago I bought a laptop with OEM windows 10 license. 1 year ago I replaced the original HDD with SSD. Now Im thinking about buying a new laptop. My question is: do I need to buy a laptop with preinstalled windows, or is it possible to transfer windows and all...
  6. Transfer OEM license to new notebook?

Transfer OEM license to new notebook?: Hello, I have/had a toshiba qosmio X70-B-11D notebook.Which jsut stopped working and doesnt even boot anymore.However the internal harddrive seems unharmed and the files on it undamagedI can access them on another computer after turning it into an external hard driveso I...
  7. OEM License

in Windows 10 Support
    OEM License: I bought an OEM win 10 for my new self built pc, I wish to know in order to keep my OEM win 10 valid which parts cannot change ? Can i change cpu, rams, graphics card and sound card ? If i am not wrong only the motherboard cannot change ? 169777
  8. OEM License

OEM License: Hi, I bought a windows 7 Home Edition retail version long time ago. I got upgraded for free to windows 10 when it came out. Now, I bought a new computer and I was able to transfer my license from my old computer to the new one. I found an OEM pro version for sale on...
  9. Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile

Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile: Hi, I have a laptop, which came with a Windows 10 OEM license. It is now activated in my windows live account or something like that. If I reinstall the OS completely and log in on this laptop, no new activation is needed. This is fine. But soon I will buy a new laptop, and...
  10. Unused Windows 10 OEM license transfer

Unused Windows 10 OEM license transfer: Hi, it's a very particular question, I have an OEM license that hasn't been used and I would like to use it on another PC other than that which it was intended for. It has never been activated. My understanding is that OEM licenses can be resold to any PC, until they are...