Windows 10: "The Recycle Bin is damaged... want to delete it?" issue after 1709

Discus and support "The Recycle Bin is damaged... want to delete it?" issue after 1709 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I live with Always at least two external USB HDD attached in my PC. I never had problems with Windows 10 ever with them. After the 1709 update at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pipppero2007, Dec 5, 2017.

1. "The Recycle Bin is damaged... want to delete it?" issue after 1709

I live with Always at least two external USB HDD attached in my PC. I never had problems with Windows 10 ever with them.

After the 1709 update at every boot (or almost) appears on the screen: "The Recycle Bin is damaged... want to delete it?"

I say "NO" and everything is ok. Is pretty ugly this situation.

I don't know why that happen, the external HDDs are fine as always.

How I can avoid this "recycle check" at the boot?

:)

Pipppero2007, Dec 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 efi partitions missing after clean install

BTW you can delete everything in a partition to recycle bin whenever you want

That's What Came in and said That One Drive will not be deleted out of recycle until after 30 days no matter what i do! I was deleting pictures to try to Help Till My new Hp Omen Gets Here! Hope it helps

luckysaint, Dec 5, 2017
  3. Cannot use Recycle Bin in Windows 10

i dont get it.. you want to delete your recycle bin?

Yuri Nathan, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

"The Recycle Bin is damaged... want to delete it?" issue after 1709

You could try this from MS community:
    After opening an Elevated Command Prompt Window (Command Prompt with Administrator Rights),
    run the following command:

"rd /s /q H:\$Recycle.bin"

using your drive letter where this error has occurred in place of the letter " i.e. if C drive:
    rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin

I hope this helps.

Bastet, Dec 5, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"The Recycle Bin is damaged... want to delete it?" issue after 1709

1. "The Recycle Bin is damaged... want to delete it?" issue after 1709 - Similar Threads - Recycle Bin damaged

2. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  3. Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Delete to Recycle Bin: Windows 11 Pro v22H2, OS build 22621.819New Thinkpad used <1 weekRecycle Bin properties > Settings for selected location > Custom size 50Gb"Don't move files to Recycle Bin" is OFF"Display delete confirmation dialog" is TICKEDEvery time I delete a file, it asks if I really...
  4. Recycle Bin Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Issues: I'm not sure exactly when it started happening, but now my computer appears to be emptying my recycle bin whenever I shut down. I am beyond frustrated, because sometimes I find I need to see something I deleted a couple days prior. I have checked the settings and they all...
  5. Recycle bin Issue ?

Recycle bin Issue ?: Last month I looked at my recycle bin and it has over 7,000 files in it. Each time I went to empty the bin it would crash and leave all the files so I had to go through individually and delete the files. But now it seems that files keep popping back up in the recycle bin even...
  6. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  7. Deleted Recycle Bin files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Recycle Bin files: I deleted some files from the recycle bin permanently a few months ago and I now realized that I need them. I’ve downloaded a few apps to recover these files but they all retrieved random stuff that weren’t my files. What are the best free online applications that will help...
  8. Deleted items not in recycle bin

Deleted items not in recycle bin: It's been years since I checked my recycle bin, I've never had reason to do so, but yesterday I was editing the name of a file as I have done so many times before and during the process *POOF* the file disappeared! I have no idea what happened. I looked in the recycle bin but...
  9. Recycle bin deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recycle bin deleted: Hello I accidentally deleted the recycle bin shortcut. Is regere a way to get it back? Please help me submitted by /u/Computer-dude123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnpwjv/recycle_bin_deleted/
  10. Recycle Bin issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recycle Bin issues: On my Desktop I have a shortcut folder entitled "$Recycle.bin - Shortcut". When I double-click I am told the file is empty (no files listed), yet properties show many GB's in the file. I have undertaken a command prompt to rectify this - the folder was then emptied according...