Windows 10: The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication

Discus and support The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If you are unable to connect your Windows computer remotely and you receive a message The remote computer requires Network Level... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 15, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication

WinClub, Jun 15, 2018
  2. Mel Tar Win User

how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jun 16, 2018
  3. T0mmy1977 Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection to System 7 Pro strange problem

On the 7 system do you have remote desktop enabled without requiring Network Level Authentication? On the 10 system in the remote desktop settings try selecting the option on the Advanced tab that says 'Warn me if authentication fails'.

T0mmy1977, Jun 16, 2018
  4. The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication

Remote Desktop Connection to System 7 Pro strange problem

Yes i do on the 7. on the 10, it doesn't get that far after the first attempt

John VanMunster, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication

1. The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication - Similar Threads - remote computer requires

2. windows authentication required!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows authentication required!: Dear sir/madam,please check my windows is original or not. screenshot is shared. let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-authentication-required/4b9a9606-8650-4a90-a5b8-48d072301804
  3. Network Level Authentication stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Level Authentication stopped working: My main computer is Windows 11 call it Main and part of a small network controlled by a Windows 2016 Server Essentials. For several years I have been logging in remotely to Main, which has 2 or 3 months ago upgraded to Windows 11, and the other network computers using the RD...
  4. Network Level Authentication stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Level Authentication stopped working: My main computer is Windows 11 call it Main and part of a small network controlled by a Windows 2016 Server Essentials. For several years I have been logging in remotely to Main, which has 2 or 3 months ago upgraded to Windows 11, and the other network computers using the RD...
  5. Safety of network-level authentication for remote desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safety of network-level authentication for remote desktop?: I have a number of PCs which are joined on my AzureAD domain. I know that traditional wisdom is not to leave a remote desktop RDP port open to the wide web. Does this still hold true when network-level authentication is enabled? As far as I can tell, it's not possible to...
  6. disable remote connection requiring network level authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable remote connection requiring network level authentication: I have 3 computers on the same home network each running Win 10 pro. using any PC I can access the files of computer #1 and #2. When I try to access files from computer # 3 it prompts me to enter network level authentication NLA. When I enter NLA it says my user name or...
  7. Authentication in Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Authentication in Remote Desktop: I have 3 computers, all up to date with Win 10.0.18363. All three have different login IDs thanks to the idiotic way that Windows installs without asking you what to use. I can use Remote Desktop from system 1 or 2 to get to system 3; I can use 2 or 3 to get to system 1....
  8. Network Level Authentication Issue

Network Level Authentication Issue: Ok so here is my situation. I have 50 Windows 2012 R2 servers which I have permission to remote access. But when I try to initiate an RDP session to any of them I get the error: "The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication, which your computer does not...
  9. Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though...

Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though...: On 3 different Win10 local machines I am using the same RDP connection file (where I have added enablecredsspsupport:i:0 and authentication level:i:2 to disable sending credentials before the connection is initiated). 2 of the machines connect successfully (and allow me to...
  10. How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?: I have not done anything related to NLA for my Windows 10 Professional. However, I am unable to connect to Windows Servers that have restricted their connections to only those using NLA. I wonder why my PC does not have NLA or NLA enabled. How do I set it up? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the remote desktop requires nla which your computer does not support