Windows 10: The remote procedure call failed - when trying to open images /w Photo

Discus and support The remote procedure call failed - when trying to open images /w Photo in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; having issues with *.jpg (images in general) : Error reading: "The remote procedure call failed." tried the uninstall of apps and reinstall windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Druccy, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Druccy Win User

The remote procedure call failed - when trying to open images /w Photo

having issues with *.jpg (images in general) : Error reading: "The remote procedure call failed."
    tried the uninstall of apps and reinstall windows apps no go there - the app Photos opens the closes with this error in a windows.
    Photos / Paint 3D does not open images just error - paint does open them and so does my browsers. ?????
    any ideas on this as we are on a roll *Smile

I have reset the apps in Troubleshooter - have tried a repair on apps using Tweaking,com = both options after a restart no cure as yet
    have also checked "Services" for RPC and they active.

That's what I have done so far.

Thanking you in advance

tagging: @Brink

:)

Druccy, Jan 18, 2018

2. File system error (-2145042388) + Windows stuck on drive Scanning

Thank you for your reply. I'll try to do that in a minute. In the meantime, now when I try to open images with the Photo app I get another error that says "The remote procedure call failed". It only does that sometimes, but it is quite annoying as I work
    with images a lot.

therottweiler, Jan 18, 2018
  3. When I try to open a photo I get the message 'the remote procedure call failed'

Original title: opening photos.

when I try to open a photo I get the message 'the remote procedure call failed' - please can someone tell me how to open my pix.

GrannyAnne, Jan 18, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 18, 2018
  5. Druccy Win User
    I got latest Nvidia drivers, Uninstalled photo app, restarted, opened pic but paint 3d tried and died and paint opened it. Reinstalled photo app from store, Still same error. Think I'm gonna have to stick to paint till next update and prey for a fix. Tried all types of fixes.

Thanks for the time and effort you all out in. Hope I can help out one day.

Big thanks

Druccy, Jan 18, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 18, 2018
  7. Druccy Win User
    Druccy, Jan 18, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jan 18, 2018
  9. Druccy Win User
    you guys all got some Rep for being AWESOME !!!!!!!!

Druccy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. The remote procedure call failed - when trying to open images /w Photo - Similar Threads - remote procedure call

2. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  3. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  4. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  5. The remote procedure call failed

The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  6. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Remote Procedure Call Failed

Remote Procedure Call Failed: Hi guys I tried to open my music thru Groove Music in windows10 But it shows me something like this [img] I checked my services RPC service is on [img] Any help? 52750
  8. Remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote procedure call failed: Towards the beginning of the year I started experiencing problems with the Start Menu. When I right clicked on some entries, I received an error 'The remote procedure call failed' (see attached image for full information). These errors occurred when selecting 'Programs and...
  9. The Remote Procedure Call Failed when opening video

in Windows 10 Support
    The Remote Procedure Call Failed when opening video: Hi i've looked around and can't seem to find any help on the remote procedure call failure when opening video. I have tried some of the fixes that people have used when opening pictures and that hasn't seemed to work. Changing the default app to open it with hasn't worked....
  10. Cant open pictures. Remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant open pictures. Remote procedure call failed: Hello community, I have a really frustrating problem with Windows 10 N (fresh installation, no upgrade from 7) and I'd really appreciate your help! I'm getting this error: [img] ... when I try to open any picture (jpeg, gif). I have followed different forum topics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote cal procedure failed open jpg