Windows 10: The return of sound issues...

Discus and support The return of sound issues... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi As I've discussed before, when I updated to Windows 8.1 I had sound issues that I couldn't fix. Well today I decided to add Windows 8.1 Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 5, 2014.

1. The return of sound issues...

Hi

As I've discussed before, when I updated to Windows 8.1 I had sound issues that I couldn't fix.

Well today I decided to add Windows 8.1 Media Center to Widows 10.
    There's a place to do it in Control Panel.

Well, the Windows 8.1 sound issues returned, just the way they were in W8.1.

So now I know what caused the problems with Windows 8.1, something to do with the way Media Center effects the sound drivers.

Well, I don't really need Media Center I use WinAmp which works fine in Windows 10 but I'll be very careful when I switch to Windows 10 for real.

I had made a system image of my Windows 10 drive and it only took about 20 minutes to restore it.

I sure am glad I made that backup!

I don't want to do the last 2 days work all over again.

Mike

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 5, 2014

2. Nokia 822. Sometimes get snow with 2 vertical gray bars and screen brightness issues

I agree with that but I would try a hard reset first to see if it clears the issue. If it returns then it certainly sounds like an issue with hardware so I would return it ms1145

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Lumia 950 Overheating and switching off

If you are getting that message, return the phone for a replacement. It sounds like a hardware issue.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Lensman Win User

The return of sound issues...

I am glad that you dodged that bullet, Mike.

Lensman, Oct 5, 2014
Thema:

The return of sound issues...

1. The return of sound issues... - Similar Threads - return sound issues

2. Sound issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues: I recenlty connected my JBL sound bar to my pc and then the sound bar to a projector all via hdmi cable. It is connected to an AMD radeon 5700 graphics card. The sound bar sound dies and then pcm shows, after a few seconds on the sound bar, works for a while and then repeats....
  3. Sound Issues

Sound Issues: I have a problem with my sound that I have not been able to address. I have a PC running Windows 10, and about every 5-15 minutes the sound cuts out. Very briefly (few seconds) and then comes back on. I have reinstalled the drivers, and that didn't work. A notification...
  4. sound issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound issues: When will Microsoft fix the sound issues that come with Windows 10 (as well as the problems you had with 8)? I have to uninstall my audio driver and reinstall it every morning just to get sound. It's beyond frustrating to deal with this constantly. What is the permanent fix...
  5. Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Issues: I have a Gaming HP OMEN Desktop Windows 10 and the computer was working just fine. But then, after about 5 months of owning my PC, my sound has stopped working. I tried going through all my settings, and I had no luck. I plugged in my Gaming Headset and I go to my volume, and...
  6. Sound issues

Sound issues: Hi, So am having an issue with my sound. My machine is a Dell Precision 5510. Windows 10 64-bit. I noticed the speaker icon on the bar at the bottom had a red cross. Upon hovering over it - "no speakers or headphones are plugged in". When I click into it, it list a few...
  7. Sound issues

Sound issues: So I sleep with my laptop on and I woke up this morning to it restarting with an update and when it was done I tried watching a video but I couldn't hear anything and so I looked in the bottom right hand corner and it showed that it was muted so I tried to figure it out by...
  8. Sound Issue

Sound Issue: All of a sudden I am missing any input levels that used to be found on the playback device. When you used to go to speaker properties and then levels there was a slider for MIcrophone and for Line In. These are now missing and only the slider for the speakers is there. It is...
  9. Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Issue: All of a sudden I am missing any input levels that used to be found on the playback device. When you used to go to speaker properties and then levels there was a slider for MIcrophone and for Line In. These are now missing and only the slider for the speakers is there. It is...
  10. Sound issues

Sound issues: OK - 2 sound issues - the sound icon at lower right no longer functions on left-click, only right-click. I can change the sound via keyboard slider, but this doesn't actually alter the volume. I have noticed the mouse does change the apparent volume (on screen, not actual...