Windows 10: The Riddle to Vanquishing the AOL Demon

Discus and support The Riddle to Vanquishing the AOL Demon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone here know how uninstall AOL off of Win 10? It's not my machine, and I've never touched it with a 39 1/2 ft pole, but a friend of mine made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gplea, Jan 5, 2016.

1. gplea Win User

The Riddle to Vanquishing the AOL Demon

Does anyone here know how uninstall AOL off of Win 10? It's not my machine, and I've never touched it with a 39 1/2 ft pole, but a friend of mine made the fatal mistake years ago. Now, they upgraded to Win 10, as opposed to a clean install, which is what I would have advised, but they didn't listen. It is beyond me why the idiots that developed that "virus" weren't held legally liable for not even providing an UNinstall module. Anyhoo, anyone here have any suggestions of wisdom on how to solve this riddle?

BTW, the AOL version is 6.9.2 I think.
    Thanks.
    GPL

:)

gplea, Jan 5, 2016

2. 504 gateway time-out when opening emails

Me too (as they say)

I've tried on three different ISPs on 4 computers and 2 phones, using Edge, IE, Chrome.

Either it's our AOL account or a general problem at AOL's end.

I found yesterday that if I kept on (and on, and on, and on, and on......) trying, I did eventually get in. No luck so far today (30th November)

I do consistently get in with my (1990s vintage Demon Turnpike) email client using the POP3 protocol. So any POP3 client would probably work. I haven't tried IMAP as I can't be bothered

I also haven't tried the AOL Android app on the phone for the same reason

david-a_169, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Vanquished

I too have been trying to install W10, all I get Is a Black Screen, I switch off and then when it comes back all I get is the blue windows "logo" and a small circle of dots going round and round ......and then a black screen again my "error is C1900101-40019
    and I have looked for it and cannot find what this means......4 times I have tried to upgrade , and have had to go back to W7, it wouldn't even let me into F8 (safe mode) I give up Microsoft.................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHH
    !!!!

Vanquished(2), Jan 5, 2016
  4. The Riddle to Vanquishing the AOL Demon

'Revo Uninstaller' would likely be able to catch all of anything you deep uninstall, and beyond that I use 'Everything' as a search tool to look for any remaining instances of software that are text searchable.

DaveGrant01, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

The Riddle to Vanquishing the AOL Demon

1. The Riddle to Vanquishing the AOL Demon - Similar Threads - Riddle Vanquishing AOL

2. Demons of Asteborg on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Demons of Asteborg on PC: Demons of Asteborg on Windows 11 won't start. I've tried rebooting the system, restarting the game, uninstalling and reinstalling, and closing all other apps. No matter what I do, it just hangs with a black screen in its window. There is no error message. Any thoughts on what...
  3. Demons of Asteborg on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Demons of Asteborg on PC: Demons of Asteborg on Windows 11 won't start. I've tried rebooting the system, restarting the game, uninstalling and reinstalling, and closing all other apps. No matter what I do, it just hangs with a black screen in its window. There is no error message. Any thoughts on what...
  4. Overriding the Trusted"Demon"Installer from MS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overriding the Trusted"Demon"Installer from MS: This person has made themself very comfortable taking over my Dell 5566 running Windows 10.I paid too much for this PC but it was fine until big brother logged on and started to lock me out ofapps and files.I have been involved with computers, programming with SQL and VBasic...
  5. Demonic Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Demonic Headphones: Yeah for some reason when I logged onto my computer my headphones were sounding fine until I plugged my microphone in. It sounded like the Devil from the Underworld was making a mixtape. Please help. submitted by /u/Anziey [link] [comments]...
  6. Sorry About This But Here's A Different Riddle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorry About This But Here's A Different Riddle: It just happen to me, and I don't understand why. I deleted a program (the normal way). But when I when in to re-install it, all the settings where back. I was thinking once you deleted a program, everything would be gone. So what do I need to do to insure that next time I...
  7. Demons Lite potential threat (Windows Defender)?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Demons Lite potential threat (Windows Defender)?: Hello, I just checked my PC for viruses and was told that the App Daemons Lite was a potential threat, so I installed it. Now I still get this message. This is what it looks like: Does anyone know what to do about it and should I be worried? By the way, the app was added...
  8. aol

in Windows 10 Customization
    aol: ever since I reloaded windows 10 I can't get ao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol/b9420c24-3d1d-4ba7-b8e8-a4b1495071ab
  9. AOL

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL: I cannot get aol to syncronize in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol/0fbee2cc-c1da-4d0b-8239-5cb9d0ef0503
  10. The ISP in the middle riddle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The ISP in the middle riddle: Dear Mystere, i move the discussion here if you don't mind because I think we were off topic... Your ISP can monitor everything you do on the internet. Actually, yes. Your ISP can still spy on you. There's something called a transparent proxy server that the ISP...