Windows 10: The Right Codec For Windows 10

Discus and support The Right Codec For Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have some video files in mp4, avi, and etc.... for putting on a dvd disc.​ What is the best Codec's Pack to install please? Any and all help is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by artic, Jul 30, 2016.

1. artic Win User

The Right Codec For Windows 10

Hi, I have some video files in mp4, avi, and etc.... for putting on a dvd disc. What is the best Codec's Pack to install please? Any and all help is greatly appreciated and many thanks.

:)

artic, Jul 30, 2016

2. Windows Media Player

I am trying to play .ASF files on Windows Media Player. I have Windows 10.. It keeps giving me an error that the right CODECS are not there. Since .ASF is a windows product, I tried to search for CODECS in Microsoft website, but unable to get the right
    codecs. How do I identify what CODECS I need and where can I download them..

KarthikManiR, Jul 30, 2016
  3. Media player windows 10 possible wrong codecs???

Hoping someone can help me. running windows 10 . trying to watch a video for class and it won't play. Someone said wrong codec??

How do i find the right codecs for windows 10 please!

vanessa_1973, Jul 30, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, Jul 30, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    If you just want to view your video files on your computer than I agree with the suggestion to use VLC Media Player.

Winuser, Jul 30, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    sml156, Jul 30, 2016
  7. Nougatron Win User
    Or PotPlayer: it plays all video formats like VLC, but it has many more features, and the interface is more "mouse friendly".

Nougatron, Jan 10, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

Windows should support those formats without needing a separate codec pack. I've tried VLC on 2 PCs but it's slow to load - maybe because both PCs use Kaspersky antivirus? I just use the Films & TV app for playing movies and it's fine.

Steve C, Jan 11, 2017
  9. If you are burning to disc,then go to videohelp.com and download IMGBURN.It is a safe site with a good forum.

joeandmarg0, Jan 13, 2017
  10. Here is the link for the player. Even though it does not mention Windows 10, the program is frequently updated, the last update being 2017-01-04.

Global Potplayer

John Pombrio, Jan 14, 2017
  11. sml156 Win User
    I'm pretty sure the OP has found a solution, After 6 month's.

sml156, Jan 15, 2017
  12. SonicBlue Win User
    The K Lite Codecs is the way to go in my book. It make the Windows media work awesome.

SonicBlue, Jan 15, 2017
  13. sml156 Win User

I'm pretty sure the OP has found a solution, After 6 month's.

sml156, Jan 15, 2017
  14. My favorite is CCC Combined Community Codec which includes MPC HC 64 Bit found here:
    CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack
    It is getting a little long in the tooth but it is my goto player. Just need to change the default setting to 5.1 audio channels at the end.

And yes SML we got BOTH MESSAGES. We post alternatives for other people who ALSO might come to get ideas for other codecs than the one we have been using. This is a instructional and information site as much as a "one solution fits all" answer to a specific user.

John Pombrio, Jan 15, 2017
  15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I do wish people who start a thread would either say they've found a solution or give some sort of feedback.

Perhaps thread should be archived if they've been inactive for some period -- would save online storage on the server --search could still scan the archives if required.

I think though most answers here have missed the point as the OP seemed to want to WRITE to a DVD.

He was not specific as to say whether he wanted to create a standard DVD that would play on standard DVD players or whether he wanted to simply burn some files to a DVD.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 16, 2017
Thema:

1. The Right Codec For Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Right Codec

2. Why do I keep ketting Something's not right error pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep ketting Something's not right error pop-up?: When running a McAfee full virus scan I keep getting pop-up windows with the message Something's not right. It's not you. It's us. Try again later. It doesn't seem to affect the scan other than switching from the status window to the desktop....
  3. Why do I keep ketting Something's not right error pop-up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I keep ketting Something's not right error pop-up?: When running a McAfee full virus scan I keep getting pop-up windows with the message Something's not right. It's not you. It's us. Try again later. It doesn't seem to affect the scan other than switching from the status window to the desktop....
  4. Why do I keep ketting Something's not right error pop-up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  6. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  7. My email won't sign in, yes it's the right password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My email won't sign in, yes it's the right password: Why cant I sign in to my email even though its the right password on my Samsung galaxy tablet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-wont-sign-in-yes-its-the-right-password/084e4eea-4567-40fa-afd1-26b7a6561abc
  8. My email won't sign in, yes it's the right password

My email won't sign in, yes it's the right password: Why cant I sign in to my email even though its the right password on my Samsung galaxy tablet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-wont-sign-in-yes-its-the-right-password/084e4eea-4567-40fa-afd1-26b7a6561abc
  9. How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK: Dear Microsoft Support.It's MR NETANEL GUBBAY.I would like to find it how do I remove my Right Disk Protection from a 128GB Please can you explain to me...
  10. How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK

How do I Remove my Disk Right Protection from a USB STICK: Dear Microsoft Support.It's MR NETANEL GUBBAY.I would like to find it how do I remove my Right Disk Protection from a 128GB Please can you explain to me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. said maybe codec problem in windows 10