Windows 10: The Seach UI isn't displaying files on drives other than C:

Discus and support The Seach UI isn't displaying files on drives other than C: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've noticed that if I store by documents on my data drive G:, and index the drive, search doesn't pick anything up, however if I move it to C:,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mackid1993, Jul 2, 2015.

1. The Seach UI isn't displaying files on drives other than C:

I've noticed that if I store by documents on my data drive G:, and index the drive, search doesn't pick anything up, however if I move it to C:, everything is fine. Anyone else having this issue?

:)

mackid1993, Jul 2, 2015

2. Can Windows 10 scan drives other than C for installed software?

Hi David,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and you are happy to help you.

Please be informed that the software’s installed on any drive partition will get registered in the place where the OS is installed.

If you wipe C: drive and reinstall the OS then the software stored in D: drive may not be listed in Apps & Features or in the Start menu.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 2, 2015
  3. David079 Win User
    Can Windows 10 scan drives other than C for installed software?

Hello,

My computer has 2 drives, C: which I keep exclusively for windows and those stubborn programs that won't install anywhere else, and D: which I use for file storage (i.e. pictures, videos, documents, etc) and program installation (i.e. OpenOffice, skype,
    Blizzard games, etc).

The main reason for doing this is to save time. Based on my experience with Windows over the years, I know the OS will eventually die, none of the system tools will work to resolve the problem and I will end up wasting valuable time formating C: and running
    a clean installation of Windows and any other software that was unfortunate enough to have been in that same drive. As a matter of fact, after just a few weeks of using windows 10 I already had to go through such headache (See
    forum post
    ).

My question is: Is it possible (after wiping C: and reinstalling the OS) to make Windows scan for sofware that is already installed in the D: drive so that it will be listed in the all apps menu, and perhaps even more importantly in the
    settings>Apps & Features list so that I can potentially uninstall such software?

Any suggestion for either solving this problem or for managing the situation in a better way will be most appreciated,

Thank you very much

David079, Jul 2, 2015
Thema:

The Seach UI isn't displaying files on drives other than C:

1. The Seach UI isn't displaying files on drives other than C: - Similar Threads - Seach isn't displaying

2. File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Drivers" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Drivers" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible: Hi, recently the domain controller was rebuilt on my network. However after this change my C:\ drive, USB drives and the CD / DVD drives do not appear on This PC. I can access them by typing the drive letters example C:\ . But File Explorer Does not display "Devices And...
  3. File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Driver" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible

File Explorer Does not display "Devices And Driver" C drive and Other Drives Not Visible: Hi, recently the domain controller was rebuilt on my network. However after this change my C:\ drive, USB drives and the CD / DVD drives do not appear on This PC. I can access them by typing the drive letters example C:\ . But File Explorer Does not display "Devices And...
  4. Can not create a restore point on drives other than C:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not create a restore point on drives other than C:: Hello, Lately I've been running out of space on my system drive C: so I disabled the system restore point on C: and I'm trying to enable system restore on my other drives but the option is greyed out....
  5. All drives on my tower have disappeared other than C:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All drives on my tower have disappeared other than C:: Drive E: or F: has previously recognized the insertion of a camera card and would then import photos. This afternoon I inserted the card, and nothing happened. I looked at whatever I could of the system configuration, and it showed a drive E: and inserting the card seemed to...
  6. Can File History backup the contents of drives other than the C:\ drive?

Can File History backup the contents of drives other than the C:\ drive?: Hi. My C:\ drive is a 256GB RAM drive. All my documents are stored on a 2GB drive labelled M:\, name "Data". In the past I've always used Windows Backup and have always been able to restore files as and when required. When I installed Windows 10 I set up Windows backup. Now...
  7. System Reserved on drive other than C.

System Reserved on drive other than C.: Hi all, Just installed windows from a usb on to a computer I just built and was just about to stripe two drives together, however one of the drives has a System Reserved partition so I cannot do this. Why did the partition go to that drive and not my C drive? Can I move...
  8. Cannot move or install apps on drive other than C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot move or install apps on drive other than C:: I have a small SSD that has windows installed, and a larger SSD and HDD that I use to store the majority of my programs/files. When I try to install a game like Sea of Thieves or Zoo Tycoon on any other drive than my C drive, it fails during the install step. I have tried...
  9. Change default program files location to drive other than C?

Change default program files location to drive other than C?: There is the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion but changing the location in there, doesn't appear to be doing anything. I have a relatively small SSD and I can not install everything to my C drive. I appreciate anyone's help. 13628
  10. Install on another drive other than C?

Install on another drive other than C?: So i have the latest windows 10 version, but i cannot seem to install apps to any where except the C drive. And the option to change is disabled. See image attached. Why is it disabled? How do I get it to work ? I am on windows 10 pro if that matters. 33611