Windows 10: the search function is unresponsive (search windows)

Discus and support the search function is unresponsive (search windows) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when go to type something in the search box, it brings up the requested program. but, when click it, nothing happens. I would have to go to start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pathfinder, Mar 1, 2017.

1. the search function is unresponsive (search windows)

when go to type something in the search box, it brings up the requested program. but, when click it, nothing happens. I would have to go to start menu and click from there*Shock

:)

Pathfinder, Mar 1, 2017

2. My search function does not work in windows 10

Well first of all I did not say my start menu was unresponsive. I said my search function was not working. Strangely enough I rebooted and the computer took ages to restart because it was updating and then I found the search function now works.

Jeffrey999, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Cortana and the search bar is unresponsive after windows 10 wakes back up.

This troubleshooting found nothing wrong. I would like to make a correction to my issue. it is not the start button or menu that is not working. It the visual part of the search bar. when I click the search bar I can type nothing changes. It continues
    to show "Ask me Anything" with the Cortana symbol. I can type what I am looking for like "Pandora" and press enter and the program will open. It will not show me the search like it normally does. If I click the microphone to ask something I will hear the
    tone and Cortana will respond if I ask her stuff she is programed to respond to but if it is a search it will not open the menu with search results.

michael a estrada, Mar 1, 2017
Thema:

the search function is unresponsive (search windows)

1. the search function is unresponsive (search windows) - Similar Threads - search function unresponsive

2. Navigating search functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigating search functions: When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box...
  3. Windows search function

in Cortana
    Windows search function: My windows taskbar can't search anything, it crashes instantly and consistently regardless of how many times I try to search anything, the file explorer search function is also broken in the same way, windows troubleshooting could not find any problems with the system, when I...
  4. Windows Explorer & Startup Search Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer & Startup Search Unresponsive: Ever since update KB5003173 I can't seem to make the Windows explorer search system work -at all-.Typing in the startup screen to search my computer does literally nothing. No textbox, no nothing.Even with the search button on my toolbar, it just displays a blank window for a...
  5. Windows Search Unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows Search Unresponsive: I'm having a strange issue with my new Lenovo Legion 5 15" laptop. Since I set it up yesterday, I have been unable to access the Start menu and File Explorer search bars. Specifically, neither of these two search functions respond in any way when triggered. Clicking in either...
  6. Windows search function

in Cortana
    Windows search function: Earlier this month I had good advice from JohnDev about updating an elderly laptop and the non-working Window search function. I though I'd solved that problem but things haven't quite turned out as I'd hoped. The laptop Compaq Presario V6500 with 4Gb RAM is now running...
  7. Windows search option is unresponsive.

in Cortana
    Windows search option is unresponsive.: When I click on the search bar option in my desktop it's unresponsive. My Cortana is working fine. Even when am trying to click on the task manager options I can't find any SearchUI.exe and due to that I can't even end the task and do the needful. When I am selecting the...
  8. Windows search bar is unresponsive

in Cortana
    Windows search bar is unresponsive: Today I observed that my windows search bar is not working. Task manager and Service.msc shows searchindexer.exe is working but actually it is not. I ran a microsoft script with powershell and indexing trouble shooter as well. But things are the same till now. Troubleshooter...
  9. Windows search not functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not functioning: Is it only me or others are also having problems. my windows search is not working when i type in some app name...even fully it's only showing files but not apps...can someone please help me with this? Thanks.... I'm a windows insider...btw...up to date... updated. submitted...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935