Windows 10: the " set up my pin " not working

Discus and support the " set up my pin " not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi. So my laptop is windows 11, 2009 fully updated. I reseted my pin and then locked it and then tried to login back but it says "something happened... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by meimei33, May 15, 2024.

1. meimei33 Win User

the " set up my pin " not working

Hi. So my laptop is windows 11, 2009 fully updated. I reseted my pin and then locked it and then tried to login back but it says "something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to setup your pin again". I tried to set up my pin again but the "set up my pin " opts won't work. i keep on clicking and still not working. I'm stuck in the lock screen. I have my fingerprint as well, but that won't work either. Idk what to do :/

:)

meimei33, May 15, 2024

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 15, 2024
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, May 15, 2024
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, May 15, 2024
Thema:

1. the " set up my pin " not working - Similar Threads - set pin working

2. the " set up my pin " not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the " set up my pin " not working: Hi. So my laptop is windows 11, 2009 fully updated. I reseted my pin and then locked it and then tried to login back but it says "something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to setup your pin again". I tried to set up my pin again but the "set up my pin " opts...
  3. the " set up my pin " not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the " set up my pin " not working: Hi. So my laptop is windows 11, 2009 fully updated. I reseted my pin and then locked it and then tried to login back but it says "something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to setup your pin again". I tried to set up my pin again but the "set up my pin " opts...
  4. Set up My PIN Tab not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up My PIN Tab not working: Unable to log in. Message says” something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again. When click on tab to set up my PIN. Nothing happens. It does not open new window to enter information. When click on sign-in option and click on Key password and...
  5. Set up My PIN Tab not working

Set up My PIN Tab not working: Unable to log in. Message says” something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again. When click on tab to set up my PIN. Nothing happens. It does not open new window to enter information. When click on sign-in option and click on Key password and...
  6. Set up my PIN button not working.

Set up my PIN button not working.: Hey, so basically I was messing around in settings and i forgot to add a PIN while working with windows hello and I forgot to add a PIN so a couple of minutes later I shut off my PC like normal and now I cant log in because it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t...
  7. Set up my PIN button not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Set up my PIN button not working.: Hey, so basically I was messing around in settings and i forgot to add a PIN while working with windows hello and I forgot to add a PIN so a couple of minutes later I shut off my PC like normal and now I cant log in because it says “Something happened and your PIN isn’t...
  8. Pin set up not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin set up not working: Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or make any changes etc to it to do this.I also changed my email for my Microsoft account when setting up as that old email...
  9. Pin set up not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin set up not working: Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or make any changes etc to it to do this.I also changed my email for my Microsoft account when setting up as that old email...
  10. Pin set up not working