Windows 10: The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen

Discus and support The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Do you know how to completely remove the bar on the desktop that has all of the annoying shortcuts? I have taken them all off of the bar but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maryle, Oct 19, 2017.

1. maryle Win User

The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen

Do you know how to completely remove the bar on the desktop that has all of the annoying shortcuts? I have taken them all off of the bar but the background remains. Some way or another, it has gotten stretched out and it fills up my entire screen. *Mad I do not want that bar on there at all. I don't need it. Can you help me?
    Thanks.

:)

maryle, Oct 19, 2017

2. Black Screen on Startup

1. There's nothing on my desktop. It's entirely blank, but I can move my cursor. It's just black with no shortcuts, task bar, etc.

2. I can sign in, but after that it opens on to the empty desktop. My lock screen also shows up as blue rather than with the default windows image thing, idk if that's important.

quailmailofficial, Oct 19, 2017
  3. schnoz Win User
    Is the address bar in IE9 Mango taking up the entire menu bar?

I have downloaded the beta tools for mango, and though putting the address bar in the menu bar is a good space saver, I think it is a terrible mistake to bury all other menu items under the "..." more option, particularly the tabs!! Every time I need to
    bring up tabs (or favorites), I have to click twice. In the meantime, there's this textbox always showing that is really not that useful: seeing the actual URL -actually a small part of it- adds no value to the user experience.

I suggest having the address bar as a menu item itself! When you click on it, the keyboard pops up with the address bar. Here are a couple of screen shots to illustrate:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

If you agree, please vote the Feature Feedback up
    here
    so it gets noticed!

Thanks.

schnoz, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. dalchina New Member
    Perhaps you mean the start screen/start menu.

Are you in tablet mode?

The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen [​IMG]

Do you have start full screen set On?

The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen - Similar Threads - shortcuts bar desktop

2. Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.: I have an aw3423dwf monitor. Recently I've noticed the desktop image doesn't take up the entire screen. It is close to the bezel but there is still screen display that's not being used. I know this because the image will sometimes shift and one side will have a thicker bar...
  3. Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.: I have an aw3423dwf monitor. Recently I've noticed the desktop image doesn't take up the entire screen. It is close to the bezel but there is still screen display that's not being used. I know this because the image will sometimes shift and one side will have a thicker bar...
  4. Help with Startisback taskbar shortcuts expanding to fill entire bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Startisback taskbar shortcuts expanding to fill entire bar: Hi, I'm looking for support with Startisback in Windows 10. I haven't found any references online on existing threads. I just installed a custom theme with SecureUxTheme (Nord theme) along Startisback on a new machine. When Startisback is active, though, I get this weird...
  5. desktop shortcuts have moved up screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop shortcuts have moved up screen: I don't know if anyone has ever had this problem but recently i switched from a 1080p tv screen to a 4k tv screen as a monitor. For a few days everything was fine until i changed a few sizing settings to get everything to a usable size. all of a sudden my shortcut icons...
  6. Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space: [IMG] Recently, I've realized that my applications (not just browsers) won't take up the allotted space (located in red) on the screen when pushed to the left and right. Is there any way to reset this function? I'm pretty sure it's not the browser as I've tried this on...
  7. Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen: I believe a setting related to the 'notifications' app in the taskbar for Windows 10 just changed my display set up. Or at least I was trying to dock the notifications window back onto the taskbar when things changed. The problem... when programs are open they do not take up...
  8. Sticky notes take up the entire screen since the latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky notes take up the entire screen since the latest update: Since the latest Windows 10 update 1903 I can no longer resize the sticky note and have it remain that size. If I create a sticky note and reduce its size lets say to 3"x3" and try to move it on my screen it automatically increases its size to half of my screen. I never had...
  9. Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back: I dont know how this happened, but now my desktop is gone, and it changed to some weird view. I think its called Task View. Here is a screenshot. [img] I just want my old desktop back. The normal desktop with normal icons. Help is greatly appreciated. 128522
  10. Update makes games take up entire CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update makes games take up entire CPU: I usually go to bed around 9:30 EST on Tuesdays, and when I get back home around 2 PM Wednesday after waking up, my PC has restarted most weeks, without my consent, as usual. I believe this is the Tuesday patch. However, the past update made any games I play take up my entire...