Windows 10: The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the 1803 update the @ and the " signs have been swapped. I have checked, and all my location, language and keyboard settings are correct (all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bill and Tanya Stevenson, Jul 21, 2018.

1. The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update

Since the 1803 update the @ and the " signs have been swapped.

I have checked, and all my location, language and keyboard settings are correct (all English/UK) and my keyboard driver is up to date. I have looked online and seen that so many others have the same problem, but none of the so called possible solutions have made any difference - it is clearly a problem created by the Microsoft update and the same problem seems to have been happening time and time again over many, many years.

Is there any solution in sight ? (one that will last longer than the next update would be rather nice) It is really surprising how often those two particular signs are used, so this is really annoying!

:)

Bill and Tanya Stevenson, Jul 21, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Click to expand... This is my list of hidden updates:

The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update hidden-updates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jul 21, 2018
  3. There is no two sign-in profiles while sign-in to the Mozilla Firefox after installing latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Which was the latest update installed on your device (KB number)?
    • What exactly happens when you try to perform System Restore?
    • Are you referring to Sign-to Mozilla Firefox browser/ any website accessed within that browser?

Method 1: As you are facing this issue after installing the latest update, I suggest you to uninstall the update from Programs and features, restart the system and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on Start button, and then select
      Programs and features.
    • Click on View installed updates.
    • Right click on the update and select
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer and check for the issue.

Method 2:

Step 1: If you are referring to accessing any website through the browser and the issue persists, try to use different browser(Microsoft Edge/ Internet Explorer) and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If you are referring to sign-in to the browser and the issue occurred, try to uninstall the browser, re-install and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on Start button, and then select
      Programs and features.
    • Right click on Mozilla Firefox
      and select Uninstall.

Use Internet Explorer to download Mozilla Firefox.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 21, 2018
  4. The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update

Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update

1. The @ sign and the " sign have been swapped since the latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - sign sign been

2. Swap windows sign in details?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swap windows sign in details?: I use my hotmail account to sign in to windows and I pay to use the office suit with that account. I also have an outlook account which has become my primary account but I have to pay for storage on that account. Can I somehow swap my hotmail account for my outlook account so...
  3. Swap windows sign in details?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Swap windows sign in details?: I use my hotmail account to sign in to windows and I pay to use the office suit with that account. I also have an outlook account which has become my primary account but I have to pay for storage on that account. Can I somehow swap my hotmail account for my outlook account so...
  4. Sign in issues since windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in issues since windows 10 update: Since updating the most recent Windows 10 update i have issues logging into my computer, having limited sign in options. Windows Hello options are deactivated and i don't apparently have permission to change them, as the organisation does. This is a personal computer and no...
  5. Sign in issues since windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in issues since windows 10 update: Since updating the most recent Windows 10 update i have issues logging into my computer, having limited sign in options. Windows Hello options are deactivated and i don't apparently have permission to change them, as the organisation does. This is a personal computer and no...
  6. Sign in issues since windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Trouble signing in my pc since the latest update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble signing in my pc since the latest update: Hello, Ever since I updated my PC last night, I can't sign in my main account. I tried the PIN, Picture password and the Password itself but it only loads, signs out, and goes back to the login screen. I tried using the guest account and it can be accessed. I tried...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update, can not sign in as administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update, can not sign in as administrator: I am running Windows 10, version 1903 on my lap top. On January 15, 2020, twenty "quality updates" were installed. Since then, my computer has been a mess. A lot of my apps are missing, including the Microsoft Store app. My Chrome folders were all wiped out as well. Then I...
  9. Weird signs on latest update on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird signs on latest update on windows 10: So I got notification about update yesterday, so I left my notebook to update overnight and I just woke up, signed into the notebook and got greeted with this desktop: [ATTACH]. I have this problem on desktop icons and on other stuff like when I tried to upload this...
  10. Latest update requires pin for sign in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Latest update requires pin for sign in?: After the last microsoft update, my system is requesting that I now set up a pin for extra security. Is this legit? I worked my way around it but I prefer signing in with my password. How can I eliminate the request?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the sign and the @ sign are swapped