Windows 10: "The sign in process couldn't display security & sign in options when control- alt- delete...

Discus and support "The sign in process couldn't display security & sign in options when control- alt- delete... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has been a once random, but now once or twice a day problem. When it happens, I've tried Control-ALT-DEL to try to gain control of the desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr Ed Long Beach, Aug 23, 2018.

1. "The sign in process couldn't display security & sign in options when control- alt- delete...

This has been a once random, but now once or twice a day problem. When it happens, I've tried Control-ALT-DEL to try to gain control of the desktop, as everything is not responding, and the mouse and keyboard are locked out as well. However, if I just let it be, within 15 minutes it will come back to normal. Another thing happing, don't know if related, laptop is left on 24/7, and once or twice a week it is totally locked up, have to hold down the power button to force turn off. Also, many times after windows does update computer will lock up as well.

stock Laptop configuration

HP Z-book G3

i7 6820

8 gig ram

Nvidia M1000 gpu

upgraded items

XPG PCIe NVMe storage {this is new OS install, the problem was happening before this disk was installed}

Using 2 4K display's connected via 2 Thunderbolt connections

Things I have tried to correct the issue.
    Re-installed Windows 10 pro, with new hard disk
    Added cooling fans to laptop, as after running a hardware monitor tool I did notice CPU temp rising above 60C before the issue.
    updated GPU drivers
    confirmed all device drivers are current and correct

The only consistent programs running when issue happens is Thunderbird email client, Google Chrome, trend micro AV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Mr Ed Long Beach, Aug 23, 2018

2. Sign-in process couldn't display security and sign-in options when Ctrl+Alt+Delete was pressed.

Hello,

To resolve this issue, you first need to create a bootable media (Installation disk/USB) using another working system and then follow the steps provided by Abdul Malik. This is the only way to troubleshoot this issue as of now.

Further for now you can give a try to the below steps and check if it helps:

• Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select
      Power
      "The sign in process couldn't display security & sign in options when control- alt- delete... [​IMG]
      >
      Restart.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup repair.

Let us know the updated status of the issue after performing the troubleshooting steps. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 29, 2018
  3. just737 Win User
    Sign-in process couldn't display security and sign-in options when Ctrl+Alt+Delete was pressed.

First and foremost, my pc is running on the most recent Windows 10. I am posting this on my phone because my computer can't seem to work. Yesterday my computer ran fine, all good. I come home today and I boot up my computer. All is normal until after I sign
    in. Right after I sign in, the screen goes black. I have tried using Ctrl+Alt+Delete as said in title. This does not work and brings up a notification saying what is in the title. I can't seem to run in safe mode or even see anything on my computer, except
    for my mouse. This is really frustrating, and I have no clue how to fix it. It is also a desktop computer, not a laptop by the way. I have also tried rebooting my computer 3 times now, with the same results. I also tried the refresh button multiple times,
    which is also the same. I have tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Windows key, Windows key plus multiple letters suggested in other posts, F8 on launch, and unplugging everything that is in my computer. None of these have affected the problem, and I am in serious need
    of help. Thanks to anyone who can contribute to this.

P.S. I have read through other threads, but they are either suggesting safe mode, or winsock. Both of these I have no been able to do.

just737, Aug 29, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

"The sign in process couldn't display security & sign in options when control- alt- delete...

Weird Ctrl+Alt+Delete Secure Login

The tutorial covers that too, see Option Three...

"The sign in process couldn't display security & sign in options when control- alt- delete... [​IMG]
    Note This option is not available in the Windows 10 Home edition since Local Security Policy is not included.

Windows 10 Home PCs can use Option One or Option Three instead.

Using Option Three below to disable will reset this security policy back to Not Defined. Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10

Thema:

"The sign in process couldn't display security & sign in options when control- alt- delete...

1. "The sign in process couldn't display security & sign in options when control- alt- delete... - Similar Threads - sign process couldn't

2. Sign-in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in options: Sign-in options 2022-04-03 I have two laptops, a Dell and an MSI. A Dell XPS L702 X 2011-04-20 Device name XPSL702XWindows 10 Pro 21H2 Build 19044.1586There are 6 Sign-in options.Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts is Off.In practice I can sign in...
  3. How I can delete a "Security Key" from Sign-in Options?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How I can delete a "Security Key" from Sign-in Options?: How I can delete a "Security Key" from Sign-in Options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-delete-a-security-key-from-sign-in/443d8423-47fb-43aa-93ee-ba784e5c6a58
  4. “Sign in options” not displaying/not available

“Sign in options” not displaying/not available: Normally, when I open my windows 10 computer, I am presented with a password box and a clickable “sign in options”. The second one is not there anymore, and I have forgotten my password. How do I get the sign in options again?...
  5. Sign in options are not displaying for admin account

Sign in options are not displaying for admin account: After my PC decided to update, I have not been able to choose the sign in option. This is bad since I cannot remember the text password, only the picture password. Is there any way to make this screen show up again? The admin account was only a local account, so I cannot...
  6. Sign-in Options

Sign-in Options: I recently had an OS_BOOT_FAILURE and had to do a system recovery. Before the recovery I used my fingerprint scanner on my Dell Inspiron 15 to sign in. Now when I went to set up my fingerprint the only option of sign in is a Security Key See Image. When I try to manage the...
  7. sign in options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sign in options: how do i set up my laptop to sign in without fingerprint scan or password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options/f31af5d3-c5a7-45dd-86e6-6c813fb44cce
  8. Sign-in Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign-in Options: Setting>Sign-in options>require sign in>when PC wakes up from sleep After one or two days, this resets to "never" Can you fix this bug in Windows 10 please as there is currently no way to lock my PC when I am away from my desk, other than shutting the PC down 20 times a...
  9. No option to sign in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No option to sign in.: When I turned on my computer today, (Windows 10) it was fine up to the point with the changing pictures. But when I try clicking anywhere or press any key (besides the windows key) the screen turns black and doesn't go back to the picture until about a minute later. I'm not...
  10. Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10 [img] Information It's important to keep your PC as secure as possible. One way to do this is to enable secure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the sign in process couldnt display security

2. the sign-in process couldnt display security

3. sign in process couldnt display security

4. the sign in process couldnt display security and sign in options,
  5. sign in process couldnt display security and sign in options,
  6. the sign in process,
  7. the sign-in process couldnt display security and sign-in options,
  8. the sign in process couldnt display security and sign-in options,
  9. thw sign in process couñdnt fispñay security,
  10. the sign in process couldnt display security and sign in,
  11. the sign in process couldnt display sign in options,
  12. the sign in process couldnt display security windows 10,
  13. ctrl-alt-end not able to displa security,
  14. black screen and Sign-in process couldnt display security and sign-in options when Ctrl Alt Delete was pressed,
  15. windows the sign in process could not