Windows 10: The signature of ccsetup516.exe is corrupt or invalid

Discus and support The signature of ccsetup516.exe is corrupt or invalid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since yesterday every new program I try to download I get a message similar to the above ?????????? This is for CCleaner Any ideas Thanks 48101 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by enigma1944, Apr 21, 2016.

1. The signature of ccsetup516.exe is corrupt or invalid

Since yesterday every new program I try to download I get a message similar to the above ?????????? This is for CCleaner Any ideas Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Apr 21, 2016

2. the signature of gu5setup.exeis corrupt or invalid

Thank you for your reply I have posted cannot open files & now cannot run update for glary utilities comes up in red box Microsoft shield and the message I have mentioned.

Since updating to windows 10, Microsoft office has gone, so files now say xls and will not open .

We are not very computer savy, when told open IE I get google as that's the toolbar I use also bing, windows icons went when update performed, we are a little daunted to take the actions, afraid in case we lose more information.

phillipnoble, Apr 21, 2016
  3. the signature of gu5setup.exeis corrupt or invalid

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for the reply.

Do not worry it can be fixed.

Please send us the screenshot of the issue for Glary Utilities issue.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

For Microsoft Office, you need to re-install it and you need to post the query on Office forum.

Office - Microsoft Community

For Icons issue: Right click on the Desktop and click on View. Select Show desktop icons.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 21, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

The signature of ccsetup516.exe is corrupt or invalid

From a Command prompt admin type this in, after you do it should ask you to reboot......Let it run, might take a while to finish.
    chkdsk c: /F

OldMike65, Apr 21, 2016
  5. I tried that but it won't work

enigma1944, Apr 22, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    What do you mean it didn't work?? What happened?

OldMike65, Apr 22, 2016
  7. Thanks for your answer
    I did the chkdsk and it recycled as you said, however, when trying to download the same message appears

enigma1944, Apr 22, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

It should have asked for a reboot to run.....THEN you should have seen it check for errors on your hard drive......and either found errors and repaired them ....or found errors and could not repair them.......did you see chkdsk run???

OldMike65, Apr 22, 2016
  9. Kyhi Win User
    CCleaner - Builds

tested download - download OK

Windows will not auto-run setup due to message
    Attachment 76329

Ignore message (do not delete)

Go into your Downloads Folder - right click exe - select properties - check the box to unblock...

then run the exe

10. OldMike65 Win User
    Wow Kyhi that's strange.....glad you found this out!!! Never would have looked on CCleaner's site. *Confused

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The signature of ccsetup516.exe is corrupt or invalid - Similar Threads - signature ccsetup516 exe

2. Corrupt exe file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt exe file: I have a .exe file on my computer that when I try to delete comes up saying "you need permission from the administrator" even though I am the administrator. Is this a virus? Please let me know how to fix this....
  3. Invalid signature detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid signature detected: Hi I have received an error message when turning on my Lonovo desktop this morning. Invalid signature detected. Check secure boot policy in setup. Can anyone please advise?...
  4. secure boot vioaltion - invalid signature detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    secure boot vioaltion - invalid signature detected: I have a desktop computer and run Windows 10. The hard drive is a Predator Acer Orion 3000. I've had it since October 2018. I used it ok Yesterday with no issues, but today I have turned it on and it has given me the message "Secure Boot Violation" Invalid signature detected....
  5. Invalid Signature Detected

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Invalid Signature Detected: Hello everyone I have an ASUS Notebook, but I’m not sure if which version of Windows I have (7-10?). This morning my laptop automatically updated and after that a message saying “Invalid Signature Detected. Check boot policy in setup.” appeared. We looked it up online and...
  6. Invalid signature detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Invalid signature detected: Cuando enciendo el ordenador, es un ACER - Windows 10, me sale un mensaje diciendo: Secure Boot Violation. Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup". Le doy OK y trabajo sin problema tanto en office como en Internet; o sea, no me da más problema que el...
  7. secure boot violation - invalid signature detected help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    secure boot violation - invalid signature detected help: After latest update my Dell Venue 8 running Windows 10 OS will not boot and keeps saying secure boot violation - invalid signature detected . After trying several things I reset my tablet and formatted my hard drive and went to my footlocker to fix issue and it says no...
  8. secure boot violation - invalid signature detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    secure boot violation - invalid signature detected: After the latest update on my Windows tablet I get this message "secure boot violation - invalid signature detected" but no way to get to the bios setup. Is there a way to the get to the tablet bios? Is there a fix?...
  9. Invalid Signature - Error Code 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invalid Signature - Error Code 0xc0000428: Hello I have recently just had this happen on my Asus G751JL-T7003H, it is 3 years old but have never had any problems with it. One day the laptop whilst starting to boot opened with a blue screen which says. "Recovery. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The...
  10. Downloads error "the signature of this program is corrupt or invalid"

in Browsers and Email
    Downloads error "the signature of this program is corrupt or invalid": Hi, everything was working fine until today. Now, every download I attempt on Microsoft Edge comes up with the message "the signature of this program is corrupt or invalid". I haven't made any changes to my PC, or installed any new software, and I cannot find any solutions...