Windows 10: the Sims 3 stuttering badly after installing new video card

Discus and support the Sims 3 stuttering badly after installing new video card in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, after having enough with my integrated Intel graphics running 25 FPS on the Sims 3 with medium-low settings, I installed an EVGA GeForce GTX 950... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Qwertyfish01, Dec 30, 2015.

1. the Sims 3 stuttering badly after installing new video card

So, after having enough with my integrated Intel graphics running 25 FPS on the Sims 3 with medium-low settings, I installed an EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB and fired the computer up. After getting the latest drivers (Which are still the latest) I started up the Sims 3 to find that the screen was flickering, like I was using an old CRT monitor that had seen better days. 1/12 of the screen was bright, and all the other vertical areas of the screen were different in brightness. I figured "Oh it doesn't recognize my card, it's new" and didn't think anything of it. When I started in my household, I noticed that the flickering was more faint but the Edge Scrolling was lagging. It waited 3 seconds to scroll and when it did, it went very slowly half way and the rest it just teleported the camera, as if there was no movement. It just was there. I went into the Graphics settings and turned all the settings to Low, thinking my card was not liking this game at High. And it changed nothing. Everything else is slow and I tested this in a new save so the save isn't bloated.

I'm really stuck here, playing the Sims 2 after some modifications to Graphics Rules.sgr to help with those black rectangles and 800x600 res. What's happening and how can I fix it?

:)

Qwertyfish01, Dec 30, 2015

2. lumia 1020

1 & 3 are commonly caused by the sim card. If the sim card is old, faulty, damaged or badly cut these issues can occur. I suggest you contact your network and ask for a replacement sim, it should be free without loss of number or credit.

2 is odd, are either of the microphones blocked?

psychomania---01, Dec 30, 2015
  3. SIM card not detected

Possible reasons:

Sim card is old, worn, badly cut or damaged - Ask your network for a new sim card. Should be free without loss of number or credit.

Sim slot or tray is damaged - Contact the retailer or Nokia Care to arrange a repair.

Sim slot is dirty - clean it with compressed air.

psychomania---01, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Atomic77 Win User

the Sims 3 stuttering badly after installing new video card

Um did you check the options in game to make sure it was using the new card? Did you check the systems bios to make sure it was using the new video card and not the integrated one? sometimes when installing a new video card you might have to go into the bios and make sure its not on the integrated card when you run it. Other then that maybe your system is not compatable with the new video card or the game is not compatable with it. It could also be Windows 10 some games don't always run well in the new windows you may have to try compatablity mode.

Atomic77, Jan 1, 2016
  5. the Sims 3 says that it does not recognize my video card, and the BIOS was already set to disable the integrated graphics unless there's a problem with the dedicated one. For instance driver errors, physical maladies of sorts, or death of old age.

And to just point out the game actually worked better on Windows 10 than it did on Windows 7, with DirectX 12 and lighter weight.

Qwertyfish01, Jan 2, 2016
  6. Atomic77 Win User
    hmm I guess I don't know what else to tell you there isn't much more I can say.

Atomic77, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

the Sims 3 stuttering badly after installing new video card

1. the Sims 3 stuttering badly after installing new video card - Similar Threads - Sims stuttering badly

2. Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4: Specs:Build: Custom OMEN laptop from HP 17-cb1xxxProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MhzRam: 16GBSystem: Type: x64 basedEdition: Windows 10 Home 22H2Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060I'm once again asking for help in trying to fix my issue with The Sims...
  3. Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4: Specs:Build: Custom OMEN laptop from HP 17-cb1xxxProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MhzRam: 16GBSystem: Type: x64 basedEdition: Windows 10 Home 22H2Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060I'm once again asking for help in trying to fix my issue with The Sims...
  4. Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update: Specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MhzRam: 16GBSystem: Type: x64 basedEdition: Windows 10 HomeGraphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060After the latest required Windows 10 update June 3rd, The Sims 4 has been driving me up a wall. While the FPS is a...
  5. Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update: Specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MhzRam: 16GBSystem: Type: x64 basedEdition: Windows 10 HomeGraphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060After the latest required Windows 10 update June 3rd, The Sims 4 has been driving me up a wall. While the FPS is a...
  6. Bad Stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Stutter: I'm at my wits end. I can't seem to keep stable performance in my system, most notibly while gaming but my paranoia is high enough to suggest that even making this post here I can feel my typed keys lagging behind me in a moment, and I feel justified even now to see it. My pc...
  7. Sim Card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sim Card: How I Use Mobile SimCard in laptop with windows 10 my laptop elitebook8460p https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sim-card/2ea47b16-4fba-43e8-a490-eb1b50733115
  8. APN for SIM CARD in new Surface Pro 5thGen - ATT SIM card

APN for SIM CARD in new Surface Pro 5thGen - ATT SIM card: APN settings SIM CARD ATT SURFACE PRO (5th Gen). Cellular won't connect New Surface Pro (5th Gen),Windows 10, bought/shipped from Microsoft (May 2019). Wifi is fine. Cellular is problem. Went to ATT store and they gave me nanoSIM. SIM shows up in Network Settings as ATT...
  9. BSOD after installing new video card

BSOD after installing new video card: Today i installed a new video card and upon restart my system went back to IDE from RAID.Ever since it BSOD if under RAID. The BIOS recognizes all drives(1 250g SSD (OS) non raid, 1 280g velociraptor non raid, 3x 1.5TB HDD RAID5) Currently windows 10 loads under IDE ,...
  10. Ram loss after installing new video card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Ram loss after installing new video card: Hey guys, I just installed my new video card, GT 710, and I noticed that I lost around 100 MB of RAM. Why's is that? Can I somehow get them back? When I was using the integrated graphics I had 3.24 GB available and now I have 3.12 GB. That's not a small amount for me, I...