Windows 10: "The specified procedure could not be found" (UAC related)

Discus and support "The specified procedure could not be found" (UAC related) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey people, It's been less than a week that I've been experiencing a problem. I can't run programs that require UAC to pop up for me to choose "yes"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by persia474, Oct 12, 2016.

1. persia474 Win User

"The specified procedure could not be found" (UAC related)

hey people,
    It's been less than a week that I've been experiencing a problem. I can't run programs that require UAC to pop up for me to choose "yes" or "no". I downloaded latest video graphics driver for my GPU and when I want to install it, since it requires the UAC to pop up, it stops immediately with "The specified procedure could not be found" error. I can't run any program that requires UAC. If I type "CMD" and choose to run it as admin, the same error pops up. I can't change UAC setting from control panel because it requires UAC to get to those settings. I can't even run task manager it also pops up an error. Any solutions from you people?

:)

persia474, Oct 12, 2016
  2. Arul_D Win User

The specified module could not be found

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in response.

Thank you for your post and giving us an opportunity to assist you.

You can try these methods to check if the issue gets resolved.

Method 1: Restart the Windows Modules Installer service.

a)Press "Windows key + R", type "services.msc" and press Enter.

b)Look for the "Windows Modules Installer" service and Stop it. Then Start the service.

c)Restart the computer and check if the issue get resolved.

Method 2:Run a system file checker scan and check if that helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

You can follow the steps in the following article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash. The System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) scans for
    missing or corrupted system files and repairs them.

Please get back to us with the results of these methods. Feel free to use the forum for any other Windows questions you may have.

Arul_D, Oct 12, 2016
  3. The specified module could not be found

Dell Inspiron 15R-5537

i tried everything u told but still getting this problem

shahbaz.ahmad, Oct 12, 2016
  4. "The specified procedure could not be found" (UAC related)

I have two .reg scripts to disable and Enable UAC.
    Here is the Enable UAC script:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "EnableLUA"=dword:00000001

You can do this yourself, manually, buy going to the above location in the registry and change the 0 (zero) at the end of the DWORD to a "1".

Then reboot your PC. If something turned off UAC, that should turn it back on.
    Good Luck,
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Oct 12, 2016
  5. persia474 Win User
    It doesn't seem to work cause I can't even run "regedit". It gives me the same stupid error. *Shock

persia474, Oct 12, 2016
  6. Have you tried a "System Restore" ?
    Or is that something else that does not work?

Or, do you have a backup image file, of your system, that you could restore?

As you can see from my signature line, I'm VERY much in favor of doing backups
    on a regular (at least weekly) basis.

Remember, "The only bad backup is the one you decided NOT to make".

Good Luck,
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Oct 12, 2016
  7. persia474 Win User
    Unfortunately I don't have an image disc. It's strange that there's no system restore point set on PC! I have latest windows updates installed but I can't find a restore point. The problem is still there...

persia474, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"The specified procedure could not be found" (UAC related)

1. "The specified procedure could not be found" (UAC related) - Similar Threads - specified procedure found

2. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”: I recently removed files relating to a HP printer that I no longer use. But each time the PC boots up, there is a notification that specified module could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 1000J\10 Series\bin\HPStatus.dll Is there a way around this?Thanks....
  3. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  4. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  5. The procedure entry point iswspace could not be found

The procedure entry point iswspace could not be found: I turned off my pc for awhile and turned it back on only for multiple instances of the entry point not found error. All if which had to do with "iswspace" not being located in the C:\Windows\Microsoft\.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll. I have not seen anyone talk about this...
  6. The procedure entry point iswspace could not be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The procedure entry point iswspace could not be found: I turned off my pc for awhile and turned it back on only for multiple instances of the entry point not found error. All if which had to do with "iswspace" not being located in the C:\Windows\Microsoft\.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll. I have not seen anyone talk about this...
  7. Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found": When double clicking on a jpg file to open in Microsoft Photo, I get the error The specified procedure could not be found.This is on a new Windows 11 laptop that was purchased about a month ago. It worked fine for a few weeks, I started getting the error. After a week I...
  8. Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found"

Windows jpg "The specified procedure could not be found": When double clicking on a jpg file to open in Microsoft Photo, I get the error The specified procedure could not be found.This is on a new Windows 11 laptop that was purchased about a month ago. It worked fine for a few weeks, I started getting the error. After a week I...
  9. The specified procedure could not be found error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The specified procedure could not be found error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When starting an application or software, if you receive an error— There was a problem starting this file, The specified procedure could not be found, then in this post, we will share a general fix for this kind of error. [...] This post The specified...
  10. How to fix "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 127. The specified procedure could not be found"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix "ShellExecuteEx failed; code 127. The specified procedure could not be found": Any time I try to run a .exe file like an installer for a game, it displays this error code? Any solution? I already tried what you said on...